A family that follows a daily schedule will benefit both the adults and the kids. It is also a good means of forming a good routine that provides a more structured and organized environment for the family. While schedules may not be followed in a religious manner on a daily basis, it will still be great to have one handy.
Family Schedule Template
If you are looking into coming up with your very own sample schedule for your family, you are in for a treat as we are here to give you some of the basics about family schedules, how you can come up with one, plus some samples that can give you an overview as to how you can format and design your own schedules. Take a look at everything that we have for you below!
Blank Family Schedule Template in Word
Family Activities Schedule
Printable Family Schedule
Family Weekend Schedule for Events
Kids & Family Schedule
Easy Tips for an Effective Family Schedule
1. Start by Analyzing Your Day
Analyze the most common things that happen during your day and the common house chores that you do on certain days. Based on the timeline, you can try to come up with a simple timeline for your day. Once you have set up the timeline, you can now start plotting the schedule in a printable daily calendar and take a look at it first. Take a look at any problem or any overlapping chore schedule and activities. Edit any of the issues and try to structure the schedule in a manner that will eliminate any problems in the future.
2. Think about What You and Your Family Want
The main goal of the family is to ensure that everyone wants to do the chores that they are assigned to and also do what it is that they would need to do. Think about the times of day and see whether you have more free time in the morning, in the afternoon, or in the evening. Do this for the rest of the family members as well. Make sure that you balance everything you put in the schedule according to the existing routine that your family has. Remember to always take a look at the needs of both the parents and the children. You may also see Balance Sheet.
3. Start Plotting the Schedule on a Board
Get a whiteboard and an erasable board marker. Start creating the schedule for everyone to see. Make sure that you choose a strategic location in your house such as the kitchen where everyone will be able to see it when you are all sitting down to eat. Once you post the free schedule, make your kids understand that you will now be following the schedule posted. Stand your ground should there be any opposition, although you should also listen to anything that they would like to raise as they could be raising good points.
4. Start Slow
Take things slowly at first. The schedule that you have made right now may not be final just yet. Try the schedule for one week first. This weekly schedule will be the week where you will be assessing whether there are things that you can edit or customize some more. However, you need to make sure that everyone in the family is following the current schedule to make sure that you will be able to make all of the necessary changes. Everyone needs to be responsible for what they need to do.
5. Start Tweaking Your Schedule
Now that you did the one week test period, you should make sure that you start tweaking the schedule. Once you have made the schedule, you can start to write it on the schedule and start asking everyone to take note of the new schedule. After the changes, check again if everything is working out just fine for everyone. In a couple of weeks, you will find out whether the new schedule is working or otherwise. You may also see Sample Work Schedule.
Factors to Consider for Family Schedules
You will find that there are times that there will be a couple of tasks in the schedule that will not work every single time especially if there are emergencies, traffic, special event agenda, and other factors that may cause a delay. You need not worry as these situations happen a lot. Always remember that there are other families who are also struggling with their schedules and you are not the only one going through this.
What can we do about this? Make room for allowances. As simple as that. Remember that the best schedules are the ones that are considered to be flexible. You just can’t help it sometimes, there will always be a couple of those days where your schedule will go in a weird manner. Just don’t stress out about it. There is still tomorrow so don’t worry too much.
2. Be Open to Change
Be willing to make changes if you find that the schedule is not working or if you have been doing it and then you suddenly find that it’s not working for your family anymore, do some changes. Try to accommodate the schedule to everyone’s needs. You can also check out Weekly Chore Schedule Samples.
If you also just find that schedules are just not working out for you or your family and they are just getting too stressed about following the schedule, just don’t try to force it. Maybe your family’s day will go better without any schedule. You may also see Monthly Work Schedule Templates.
Modern Family Chore Schedule
Family Schedule Template
Family Weekly Schedule
Family Schedule Planner
Editable Family Schedule
Simple Family Schedule
How to Get Your Family Onboard
- The very first person that you would like to follow the schedule first would be your spouse or life partner. You should both agree that the schedule is needed, that the two of you will be willing to enforce the schedule to the kids, and that you will both try to make the schedule work for everyone.
- Give your kids ownership on some of the things listed in the schedule. If they have ownership, they are more likely to become willing to participate. If you are struggling to get them involved, you may want to have a rewards system in order to encourage them some more.
- You also want to make sure that the schedules are more catered to encourage the kids. Get them involved with the decorations and color combinations. Give them some crayons and markers, plus give them time to do their thing. Speaking of catering to the kids schedule, you also want to make sure that you hang the schedule low enough for the kids to see.
- The teenage kids will be more of a struggle but you still want to make sure that they are involved. So make sure that you come up with a system that is customized for them in order to get them involved with the printable schedule. Again, a rewards system will be great in order to encourage them to be more involved. Give them a chance to pick out chores and tasks that they would also like to do.
Benefits of Family Schedules
There are a ton of benefits to making use of family schedule. Some of the most common benefits of family schedules are the following:
- For the kids in elementary, following a schedule is going to help develop a sense of security and mastery because it becomes a routine. Every single time that your child or children follow the schedule, these small exercises for mastery become cumulative, which is good for the development of the child. This is pretty much like how teachers come up with class schedules that makes conducting classes a whole lot more organized and more routinary for the kids.
- With older children, it can help them communicate with parents more. Printable daily calendar / schedules help to communicate to the whole family what is the goal for the day. Should there be conflicts in terms of these goals, communicating such conflicts should be encouraged.
- It gives parents’ hectic schedules a whole lot more manageable. It will give better order and control over everything because you already know what to expect in your day.
- It gives parents lesser time to think. Again, with the predictability of all the tasks that will happen, you already have an idea about what you will do and as time goes on; what will happen during your day will now become second nature to you.
- It will be easy for you to recover especially if the previous day or days were a bit hectic and crazy. As mentioned earlier, there are a couple factors that you may encounter wherein you will find that you will not be able to follow your schedule.
- It makes your days more balanced giving you enough time to spend with your family and kids as well as enough time for you to cater to your other day-to-day activities.
Now you have a good idea about what family schedules are, it is now time for you to start jotting down you own family schedule! Good luck!
FREE 11+ Activity Schedule Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word | Docs
FREE 9+ Kid’s Chore Schedule Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Game Schedule Samples in PDF
FREE 14+ Holiday Schedule Samples and Templates in PDF | Excel
FREE 11+ Snack Schedule Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 13+ Employee Shift Schedule Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 11+ Appointment Schedule Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Interview Schedule Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 50+ Schedule Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 50+ Printable Schedule Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 9+ Test Schedule Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 14+ Student Schedule Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ Office Maintenance Schedule Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 11+ Audit Schedule Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 9+ Group Schedule Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel