Chores are part of our daily lives. Whether we are at home, at work, or in school, there are definitely chores that we need to do. Some of these chores are things that we want to do, but they are mostly things that nobody wants to. Perhaps, those who hate doing chores so much are children of school age. You can also see cleaning schedule samples.
In this article, we will be discussing all about chores, what they are, why they need to be scheduled, and ways to make chores become a fun and learning activity for children. We have also included free chore schedule samples and templates that you can download and edit for your own personal use.
Family Chore Schedule Template
Customizable Chore Schedule Template
House Cleaning Chore Schedule Sample
What Do We Mean by Chores?
The word chore has already existed since the eighth century. During that time, there were a lot of things that needed to be done in one’s home or workplace. This is also the time when appliances and other household equipment still did not exist. Because of the load of work needed to be done and with fewer appliances to help them with their work, this led to the existence of the word chore.
A chore is a duty or task that needs to be done because it is necessary. Chores are not all the time likable, but one must oblige and do it. An example would be sweeping the floor before classes start in the morning and before going home in the afternoon.
Students who don’t sweep the floor at home may be forced to sweep the floor at school because it is required for a particular subject. One other chore that a lot of children and adults alike hate is washing the dishes. No matter how much we hate washing the dishes we are still obliged to do so because there wouldn’t be any dishes to use.
A chore chart would be a useful tool to help you get your chores done at home or at work. Even school children can be taught to use kids chore chart to help them with doing their chores so that they would come to like it in the long run.
Weekly Chore Schedule Template
Daily Chore Schedule Template
Daily and Weekly Chore Schedule
What Are Common Household Chores?
When it comes to chores, household chores seem to be the most tedious one. The list of chores for household that you need to do seems to be endless. After finishing one chore you’re up for another and then another and then back to the first chore that you just finished.
I say that would be traumatic, and if there is any diagnosis available for that it would be trauma due to household chores. But household chores aren’t so bad once you get the hang of doing them. Well, if you get to choose the task you want to do, then things would go perfectly fine for you. So here we give you a list of the common household chores and how frequent should they be done. You can also like meeting schedule samples.
Household chores that are done daily:
- Dusting the windows and furniture.
- Sweeping the living room floor and the kitchen floor.
- Vacuuming under the carpet and on the carpet in the living room.
- Washing the dishes and cleaning the sink.
- Feeding your pets.
- Washing your underwear after taking a shower.
- Preparing meals for the entire family.
- Cleaning the bathroom walls and the toilet seat.
- Watering the plants in the garden.
- Taking out the trash and put it in the garbage pickup locations.
Household chores that are done weekly:
- Change the bedroom sheets and sofa covers.
- Washing beddings and doing a week’s worth of laundry.
- Mopping floors in the living room and kitchen.
- Mowing the lawn.
- Remove or take out the weeds that are growing in the garden.
- Groom your pets.
- Wash the car or bring it out for a carwash.
- Buy food supplies and other necessities.
Household chores that are done monthly:
- Washing and wiping the windows in both living room and kitchen.
- Clean the stove and oven.
- Clean the chimney, if any.
- Clean the refrigerator.
- Change air filters on furnace or have air conditioner cleaned.
- Dust or clean blinds.
- Have the curtains vacuumed or change curtains.
- Airdrying the living room carpet.
Household chores that are done annually:
- Have the carpets dry-cleaned.
- Prepare the whole house for winter.
- Clean and fix the garage.
- Cut tree branches that are long and might be dangerous.
Those are just a few examples of common chores in the household and how frequent they should be done. The best way to remember these chores would be with the use of chore list samples and chore list templates. If you have a housekeeper do all these chores for you, provide them a housekeeper checklist to ensure that they do all the things you want them to do.
Age Appropriate Chore Schedule Template
Cleaning Chore Schedule Sample
Benefits of Scheduling Chores
One of the things that makes household chores and any other chores easy to do is by having a chore schedule. Because there are definitely an endless number of chores that must be done, having a schedule on when and who should do them will lighten up the load and ensure that they get done as scheduled. Here are the benefits of scheduling chores. You can also like class schedule samples.
- Through a chore schedule, certain tasks can be assigned to individuals. This also helps determine whose turn it is to do the chores and who is responsible for the undone chores. You can also like study schedule samples.
- Having a chore schedule holds an individual responsible for the specific tasks assigned to them. It can also be used to teach children to become responsible and it is most effective if it is done at an early age.
- A chore schedule helps in organizing the household chores or office chores that need to be done either daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
- A chore schedule serves as a reminder of the chores that are scheduled to be done at a particular time. Because the number of chores to do is endless and they need to be done from time to time, making use of a chore schedule will make it easy for anyone to remember when to do them and how often they should be done.
- Chore schedules work just like to-do lists or task checklists in the sense that you can see which chores have been done and which ones have not. This visual representation of your accomplishment will motivate you to work further until all chores are completed.
- With the use of a chore schedule, the chores that need to be done can be delegated accordingly. Those people who are capable of doing heavy-duty chores can be assigned to the related tasks. You can also like vacation schedule samples.
- Chore schedules make it so that everyone in a group, office, school, or family take part or have their own respective roles in doing the necessary chores. This not only fosters cooperation, but it also teaches respect to all the members of the group that they belong to.
- Chore schedule samples and templates are readily available online so it wouldn’t be hard for you to get them. Aside from providing you all those wonderful benefits, these samples and templates are easy and convenient to use. You can also like hourly schedule samples.
Chore Schedule Template for Teens
Chore Schedule Sample in 3 Weeks Rotation
Why Should Kids Have to Do Chores?
Parents nowadays think that their children are better off playing, having fun, and being themselves. They think that it is just not right to make them work or do any forms of chores as they are too young for it and other various reasons they can come up with. You can also like interview schedule templates.
This is contrary to what our parents before think about giving us chores. Children should be given chores at a very early age, not because they need to work someday, but because doing chores teaches them important lessons and learning in life. Below are the reasons why kids should be given chores.
- Kids should be given chores because it teaches them the sense of responsibility so that they can become responsible individuals when they grow up. Starting them young is very crucial as this is the stage in their life where they learn the most and it is how they form such personality. You can also like construction schedule samples.
- Kids should be given chores because it makes them feel that they are part of a team. Little chores in school will make them feel that they are part of the class and will give them reason and motivation to participate in class or play with the other kids. In the family setting, giving your child chores makes them feel that they are important to the family and that the chore they are doing can make their parents happy and proud of them.
- Kids should be given chores because this helps them learn important life skills that they can use for when they are alone or no longer living with their parents. These skills can also help them with their studies and land a decent job in the future. You can also like panel schedule samples.
- Kids should be given chores to let them know the importance of cleaning after their own mess. Chores, like putting their plates or dishes away after a meal or picking up their toys after playing, are one way to teach them to clean their own mess.
- Kids should be given chores to equip them with the much-needed knowledge that they need to lie and survive in the real world. You can also like employee work schedule samples.
Preparing your kids for what is ahead of them is the kind of help that they truly need. There is nothing more fulfilling than a parent who has raised a child who is capable of living independently and surviving the real world. You might want to check out other samples and templates we have available on our website, like study schedule sample and amortization schedule samples.
8+ Sample Excel Amortization Schedule Templates
6+ Sample Employee Schedule Templates
6+ Amortization Schedule Excel Samples
9+ Sample Payment Schedule Templates
8+ Sample Monthly Schedule Templates
7+ Sample Class Schedules
6+ Appointment Scheduling Samples
13+ Sample Event Schedule Templates
13+ Sample Interview Schedule Templates
5+ Sample Marketing Schedule Templates
6+ Blank Schedule Templates
11+ Immunization Schedule Samples & Templates
8+ Sample Vacation Schedule Templates
9+ Sample Schedule C Forms
7+ Free Payroll Samples