What is an external audit? An external audit, as defined by the dictionary, is an audit conducted by independent accountants for a business or a company. Its main goal is to audit a company’s financial records or accounting records to determine whether they are in compliance with tax laws.
It is important for a company to have accurate and complete financial records. External auditors are able to determine problems in a company, specifically the financial aspect. The sample external audit reports that you will find on this page will be useful to you. These Sample Reports are available for you to download.
Financial Audit Report Template
Free Finance Internal Audit Report Template
Sample External Audit Report Format
External Safety Audit
External Communication Audit
What Is the Difference between an Internal and an External Audit?
The main difference between an internal and external audit is the organization that hires them. An internal audit is done by qualified employees working for that specific company. An external audit, on the other hand, is done by independent auditors that are hired by companies and businesses. An internal audit may have the risk of being biased since accountants who work for that company do the auditing. An external audit is unbiased since they are not employed by the company but are only hired to do the audit. Our Committee Reports and Case Reports may also be useful to you.
What Is the Importance of an External Audit?
For a company or business to be successful, the financial records of these companies need to be complete and accurate to ensure that the business is doing good. An external audit is as important in small businesses as it is in big companies. New businesses can benefit from an external audit since external auditors are less biased, which guarantees that your financial records are credible. An external audit can expose certain problems in a company. It is able to determine any irregularities in the financial records, which enables them to find a solution.
Quality Assurance External Audit
External Audit Progress
External Audit Report Summary
What Is the Process of an External Audit?
There are certain guidelines needed to be followed when doing an external audit. Below you will learn the process of how an external audit is done.
- The first process of an external audit is appointing an external auditor. Shareholders of a company hire an independent auditor. Auditors are chosen based on their reputation, skills, qualifications, efficiency, etc.
- If an independent auditor has accepted the work, both the auditors and the company will get into an agreement and discuss about the length of the audit, the terms, and the responsibilities of both parties.
- The auditor will collect data and information needed for the external audit. All the necessary documents and files are provided by the business or company. External auditors will be able to identify the risks and irregularities of a company’s financial records.
- External auditors would then gather all the needed evidence to support the data collected and examined.
- After an external audit is done, an external audit report is important. Summary Reports are submitted, which contains a summary of the findings and the opinion of the independent auditors. The results of the external audit will greatly affect the company or business.
30+ Sample Business Reports – PDF, Word, Docs
21+ Business Report Writing Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Docs
16+ Sample Service Reports
9+ Sample Survey Reports
13+ Sample Financial Reports – Word, Apple Pages
13+ Sample Accident Incident Reports – Docs, PDF, Pages
17+ Sample Management Reports
11+ Sample Audit Reports
11+ Internal Audit Report Templates – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Internal Audit Reports – Word, PDF, Pages
15+ Sample HR Report Templates – Word, PDF, Apple Pages, Google Docs
11+ Sample Inspection Reports
19+ Sample Construction Reports
How to Create a Daily Construction Report [6+ Samples]
11+ Sample Action Reports