One of the factors that some companies face a lot are employee-related issues such as a high number of resignations, disinterested and motivated employees, and a low number of hires, to mention a few. These situations happen because of poor staff management not establishing a detailed plan for staffing and recruiting processes. This type of plan is important to keep your company afloat and help retain and hire successful employees into your company. Read the article to know how to make a staffing plan.
10+ Staffing or Recruiting Plan Samples
1. Staffing or Recruiting Plan
2. Strategic Recruiting Plan
3. Sample Recruiting Plan
4. Sample Staffing Plan
5. Basic Recruiting Plan
6. Recruiting and Admission Plan
7. Faculty Diversity Recruitment Plan
8. Faculty Recruitment Plan
9. Volunteer Recruitment Plan
10. Hospital Nurse Staffing Plan
11. Staffing Plan Example
What is a Staffing Plan?
A staffing plan is a strategic procedure done by the human resource (HR) team of a company where they assess and identify the needs of their employees to accomplish staffing goals.
A staffing plan must answer the following questions:
- What work needs to be done to address the needs of the staffing process?
- How many people does the company need to employ?
- What skills and experience are necessary to do the work of the positions available?
- What skills gaps that need to be filled?
How to Create a Staffing Plan?
1. Determine The Goals of Your Company
For you to start working on your staffing plans, you need to figure out first the goals of the business. This is because you will use your company’s goals as your basis to work on your staffing goals as well. For example, if the company has plans to expand, you can create a goal to hire more staff for your company.
2. Know the Staffing Patterns of Your Company
Understand first the staffing patterns at your company to help make your plan flexible to any changes regarding the employment of people in your company. Observe and analyze the seasons where your company is at its busiest peak and during these times the company needs to hire additional employees. You also need to examine other changes such as upcoming retirements, maternity and paternity leaves, and promotions. By analyzing the patterns, you can make a plan that will help you be ready to address those situations and hire new employees to fill those roles.
3. List Down All the Current Job Descriptions in Your Company
To know which positions are needed to be filled in your company to create new positions, compile a list of all the current job descriptions including their duties and responsibilities, the department they belong to, and the person to whom they report. This will help you identify any gaps in the different areas that could use more professionals to work on those gaps.
4. List Any Requirements Needed for New Employees
Once you’ve listed all the job descriptions and organized them, you can discover the gaps in every department of your company and you can use it as the basis to list down the positions that need to be filled out soon. Draft a description of the ideal skills and requirements for each position for the recruiting process. This will help you find new employees that are the perfect fit for the roles.
5. Analyze Your Employees’ Performance
Another key part to do is to create a training plan for your current and new employees to help develop the skills that will make them more efficient in their job. You can use the performance reviews and employees surveys to figure out the right training for your employees to undergo.
6. Assess the Culture of Your Workplace
Aside from making plans on recruiting and hiring new employees and training the existing employees, you should also include your plan on increasing employee satisfaction to increase employee retention. Brainstorm ideas that could provide a good work environment for your employees and make them more invested in their work and be more loyal to the company.
How can a staffing plan help a company?
A staffing plan can help a company by:
- Reducing labor costs and maximizing the productivity of the employees
- Eliminating employees’ skills gaps
- Increasing employee engagement and retention
- Improving customer experience
- Streamlining the growth of your business
What are the different types of staffing plans?
The different types of staffing plans are:
- Short-term staffing: This type of planning only focuses on the immediate needs of the company.
- Long-term staffing: This type of planning involves addressing the company’s staffing needs in the long run. It focuses mainly on turnovers, long-term leaves, and growth.
- Employee succession planning: This type of planning is usually done by management staff to train candidates for promotion to higher positions; mostly in the management department
What are the methods of staffing?
The methods of staffing are planning, recruitment and selection, placement, training, and induction.
Make sure your staffing plan is flexible enough to be updated regularly with new job descriptions, recruits, and other changes to help you stay organized and keep your plan in line with your staffing goals. Having a clear and comprehensive staffing plan helps the company a lot such as preventing issues that hinder growth and hinder quality service from being done resulting in lost business opportunities. A staffing plan not only helps in hiring and developing employees but is also beneficial in making efficient financial decisions within the company. To help you get started making the staffing plan, download our free sample templates above to use as your guide!
FREE 8+ Talent Management Action Plan Samples in PDF DOC
FREE 18+ Sample Compensation Plan Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 9+ Operational Plans for Hotel in PDF MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Staff Roster Templates in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 15+ Sample Project Management Plan Templates in MS Word ...
FREE 9+ Human Resources Management Plan Samples in PDF, Word
FREE 10+ Staff Directory Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ New Employee Proposal Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Daycare Schedule Samples in MS Word Pages | Google ...
FREE 13+ Travel Schedule Samples and Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 14+ Lunch Schedule Samples and Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 10+ Recruitment Plan Samples [ Strategic, Retention ...
FREE 5+ Restaurant Development Plan Samples in MS Word ...
FREE 10+ Sample Leave Plan in PDF MS Word | Apple Pages ...
FREE 10+ Nursing Project Proposal Samples [ Community, Health ...