An executive memorandum is a type of business memorandum that is used by administrative officers to disseminate different kinds of information to their subordinates.
If you are in the process of creating an executive memo, you may use our templates as reference. To know more about the various memo types, check out our website for templates.
Chief Executive Memo Template
Human Protection Executive Memo
Executive Approval Memo
Executive Order Memo
Legal Executive Memo
What Is an Executive Memo?
An executive memorandum is a document that is usually prepared by executive officers of an organization or a corporation. Other officers in any administrative position may have a use for executive memorandums as well.
This document serves as a formal method of informing one’s subordinates regarding a pressing matter or any important matter that involves the recipient or the organization as a whole.
What to Include in an Executive Memo?
An executive memo can contain varying components depending on the following factors:
- The nature of the information it contains
- The type of organization and leadership style of the executive preparing it
Despite the variety of content that an executive memorandum can contain, there are, however, certain elements that must be present in an executive professional memo. Those are the following:
- The label of the document (e.g., “Executive Memorandum”)
- The name of the company or the department issuing the executive memo
- The company or department logo
- The name of the officer preparing the memorandum
- The address line that pinpoints the individuals who are the recipients of the memo
- The body of the memo that contains the following:
- the clear statement of the purpose of the memorandum
- the extrapolation of important points regarding the information being disseminated
- The signature of the officer preparing the memo
To obtain more information regarding the basic aspects of a memo, refer to our collection of memorandum sample templates.
Business Executive Memo
Executive Management Memo
Executive Summary Memo
Executive Briefing Memo
Executive Memo Sample
What Is the Relevance of Executive Memos in Business?
The following are the most notable points that explicate how relevant executive memos are in the business setting:
- It is an appropriate avenue for executive officers to inform their employees regarding a newly promulgated company rule or policy.
- It allows executive officers to issue a warning to a number of employees without having to send each one of them a proper warning notice. This is especially important if it is still an initial warning regarding a behavior that must not be encouraged in the office.
- It can also be used as the mode of announcing promotions and change of administration if applicable.
What Is the Difference between a Letter and a Memo?
A memorandum is a less formal approach of spreading information since it is usually addressed to a large number of individuals, whereas a letter is addressed to only one individual, office, or department. A memo is issued internally to individuals who are a part of the same organization, while a letter can be addressed externally or internally.
6+ Audit Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
15+ Meeting Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Notice Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Employee Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Budget Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Audit Memos – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Internal Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Standard Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Board Memo Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Board Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Employee Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Memorandum Samples
6+ Legal Memo Format Samples
10+ Memo Samples in Word
9+ Memo Samples