Housekeeping is a norm that is widespread all over the world. Every home owner, apartment owner, every person that is living under a roof or has something that they call their house, does house keeping. Housekeeping is simply the management of duties and chores involved in the running of a household. Cleaning, cooking, home maintenance, shopping, and bills payment. These are activities that can be considered as a part of general house keeping. Though it is most usual to conduct housekeeping activities in your own home, because there is demand, private companies and businesses still offer housekeeping services today. You can also see housekeeping services in temporary lodging areas like hotels, offices, motels, Airbnb’s. It’s a fairly important task to accomplish because everybody appreciates a clean living environment. I mean, who doesn’t?
Since housekeeping is a very important element especially in keeping our living quarters squeaky clean, a vital element to support the housekeeping services or the tasks is to perform routine inspections of the workplace or the immediate environment so that housekeeping non-conformances are quickly detected and followed up if need be. There are set standards that housekeepers will need to follow for cleaning, refreshing, and stocking rooms. Doing so keeps workplace efficiency at maximum and guest satisfaction high. It’s also good for one’s mental health to work on a clean environment, compared to being surrounded by clutter all the time.
To further support housekeeping inspections, inspectors would often bring something called a housekeeping inspection checklist to keep him on track and make sure that every thing and every component is thoroughly inspected. Inspection checklists are assurances that particular components of the environment has been inspected. As each item on the checklist is ticked off, the inspector is verifying that each aspect, nook and cranny, of the house is up to housekeeping standards. To further acquaint yourself with this tool and how it works, check out these housekeeping inspection checklists that we have listed down below. Once you’ve acquainted yourself enough, feel free to use these samples as guides or even as templates for your own housekeeping inspection checklist.
8+ Housekeeping Inspection Checklist Samples
1. Housekeeping Inspection Checklist Sample
2. Standard Housekeeping Inspection Checklist
3. Formal Housekeeping Inspection Checklist
4. laboratory Housekeeping Inspection Checklist
5. Housekeeping Safety Inspection Checklist
6. General Housekeeping Inspection Checklist
7. Plant Housekeeping Inspection Checklist
8. Editable Housekeeping Inspection Checklist
9. Shop Housekeeping Safety Inspection Checklist
What Is a Housekeeping Inspection Checklist?
Inspection checklists are documents largely used to support a certain task or activity, making sure that everything is properly followed and up to the criteria initially set by the clients or the inspectors themselves. When drafted and used properly, the document can serve as an assurance that the particular subject of inspection has been thoroughly, completely, and properly inspected. The inspector verifies these components by checking each item off the list until all components have been ticked off. A checklist needs to be specific to the type of task that is being accomplished, hence in this case, it is a housekeeping inspection checklist. Checklists should be comprehensive, but they should also be drafted and designed in a fairly simple manner. Organizing each item in an order that actually makes sense and logical to the completion of a task. They should be easy to use because if they aren’t then they probably won’t be used at all. Inspection checklists are all about ones’ accountability.
How To Write a Housekeeping Inspection Checklist
We’ve already established how a checklist should be designed specific to the task that needs to be accomplished. For a housekeeping inspection checklist, make sure to cover areas more than the general spaces in the house or office or room. Under the couch, the shelves, stocks, personal items, drains and aisles, etc. Below are some of the more basic components that your housekeeping checklist should contain.
- Floor and Other Areas
- Rouge waste
- Presence of holes, worn or loose planks
- Anti-slip flooring
- Protruding objects like nails, sharp corners, open cabinet drawers, trailing electric wires
- Congestion in the general floor plan
- Aisles and stairways
- Lighting especially in the stairs
- Space within aisles
- Mirrors at blind corners
- Anti-step treads on the staircase
- Make sure there are no spills on the floors
- Spill absorbent materials are used when cleaning grease, oily, flammable, or toxic wastes
- Equipment and machinery
- Gadgets and other equipment should be stored at safe space.
- Equipment used in cleaning should be repaired promptly.
- Equipment and materials should be cleaned regularly
- Waste Disposal
- Proper waste disposal and segregation should be available
- Separate containers for toxic and flammable waste
- Storage areas should be safe and accessible
- Bins and racks should be provided and present
- Labels are highly encouraged
- Storage spaces should not block stairs, fire escapes, exits, and other emergency equipment
- Fire prevention
- Combustible and flammable materials should be kept away from substances that can cause them to combust
- Hazardous materials should be stored in approved containers and away from ignition sources
What is the importance of inspection checklists?
Checklists keep you organized for what is really important – accomplishing your tasks. Inspection checklists allow for easier examination to identify faults or overlooked components in housekeeping that need immediate action.
What are the cleaning procedures in housekeeping?
- Damp dusting
- Dust mopping
- Dry mopping
- Mop sweeping
- Spot mopping
And a whole lot more.
What are the basic requirements for good housekeeping?
Three basic requirements for good housekeeping are proper layout and use of equipment, correct material handling and storage, and of course, cleanliness and order.
Housekeeping is quite a straightforward task, you just need to clean and complete other household chores. Though it might be fairly simple for some, it would still help if there were some way for them to keep track of their progress quickly and easily. Checklists are for those things. Also to make sure that every thing has been thoroughly and properly cleaned.
FREE 14+ Sample Checklists
FREE 13+ Sample Daily Checklists
FREE 13+ Compliance Checklist Samples and Templates
FREE 11+ Sample Weekly Checklist Templates
FREE 10+ Kitchen Cleaning Checklist Samples
FREE 10+ Agreement Checklist Templates
FREE 10+ Safety Observation Report Samples
FREE 8+ Restroom Checklist Samples
FREE 5+ Housekeeping Action Plan Samples
Checklists to Boost Efficiency and Reduce Mistakes
FREE 52+ Sample Company Letterhead Templates
FREE 35+ Cleaning Brochure Templates
FREE 17+ Daily Checklist Samples
FREE 17+ Sample Handover Reports
FREE 12+ Office Maintenance Schedule Samples