No matter where our feet would take us, we couldn’t help but assess the cleanliness of a place. It gives us a gist of what experience awaits us as we start a new adventure. Nevertheless, we should also value the cleanliness of our homes as much as we value those of other places. That is why we have to do regular cleaning to maintain its habitable condition. And if you are about to tidy up your surroundings, make sure to have a cleaning checklist with you. With this document at your disposal, it would be impossible for you to forget a particular chore.
FREE 28+ Cleaning Checklist Samples & Templates
1. Sample Cleaning Checklist
2. Blank Cleaning Checklist Template
3. Cleaning Service Checklist Example
4. Sample House Cleaning Checklist
5. Sample Restaurant Cleaning Checklist Template
6. Restaurant Kitchen Cleaning Checklist Template
7. Restaurant Back of House Cleaning Checklist Sample
8. Cleaning Company Checklist Template
9. Spring Cleaning Checklist Template
10. Printable House Cleaning Checklist Template
11. Sample Cleaning Schedule Checklist Template
12. Workplace Housekeeping Checklist Template
13. Daily Kitchen Cleaning Checklist Template
14. Office Cleaning Checklist Template
15. Cleaning Schedule Template
16. Food Premises Cleaning Schedule Checklist Template
17. Personal Weekly Clean Checklist Template
18. Domestic Services Cleaning Schedules Checklist Template
19. House Cleaning Checklist Template
20. Spring Cleaning Checklist Template for Kitchen
21. Simple Spring Cleaning Checklist Template
22. Spring Cleaning Checklist Template for Living Room
23. Lovely Printable Spring Cleaning Checklist Template
24. One-Page Spring Cleaning Checklist Template
25. Daily Ward Cleaning Checklist Template
26. Healthcare Cleaning Process Checklists Template
27. Housekeeping Checklist Template
28. Motel Cleaning Checklist Template
29. Kitchen Cleaning Checklist Template
What Is a Cleaning Checklist?
A cleaning checklist is a beneficial tool to help individuals tidy up their houses or apartments. Since we need to consider several things while cleaning, it’s no wonder why we sometimes overlook other important chores. There are even instances wherein we spend minutes or hours thinking about what we should do next, that we’d only end up exhausted. But with a house cleaning rotation schedule or cleaning checklist for a house, accomplishing chores on time would not be a hassle. Moreover, this document enables you to categorize and itemize places or areas you need to clean.
Common House Cleaning Tasks
For your deep cleaning checklist or maintenance cleaning checklist template to serve its purpose, it needs to have a comprehensive list of tasks you need to carry out. Listed below are the different areas of a residential property and the areas or things you need to look into when tidying up.
- Bathrooms – Your bathroom cleaning checklist should include the following items: disinfecting showers, tubs, and toilets; emptying trash; cleaning doorknobs and switch plates; and dusting cabinets, door panels, and baseboards.
- Kitchen and Dining Room – Bear in mind that the kitchen is where you prepare the food that you would put on the table for your family. That is why you have to make sure that it is spotless. Clean and disinfect the following: countertop, sink, microwave, oven, top of the range, dishwasher, and refrigerator.
- Bedrooms – When cleaning your bedroom, make sure to dust your fan blades and all surfaces. Also, don’t forget to vacuum the floor, make the bed, wipe the windows, and wash your blankets and pillowcases.
- Living Rooms – Remember to regularly clean your living rooms, not only when there are guests who will visit your house. Dust the ceiling, photographs, framed arts, lamps, tables, couches, and chairs. Moreover, clean the doormats and wash the draperies, curtains, and blinds.
How to Create a Cleaning Checklist
If you have a house helper, providing him or her with a house cleaning schedule for a housekeeper will assure you that your home will be spotless. Having a cleaning checklist app or a cleaning checklist in PDF will also come in handy, too! However, if you want to have a personalized daily, weekly, or monthly cleaning checklist, then follow the steps provided below:
1. List Down Tasks
Refer to the tasks we mentioned beforehand and add the chores you think are necessary. Make sure to categorize these items for a more organized checklist. Also, put a checkbox beside each activity, so you could mark the ones you have accomplished later on.
2. Specify the Frequency
There are tasks that you don’t have to do on a daily basis. For this reason, it is vital to specify in your document how often you should do the task. Moreover, set the deadline as to when you should finish each chore and make sure that it doesn’t overlap your routine or schedule.
3. Get Some Help
When you are not alone in the house, it would be best to get some help from the people who also live there. You can designate people to a particular task so you could be more productive.
4. Monitor Progress
Every time you complete a single task, don’t forget to indicate it in your housekeeping checklist. Doing so gives you the motivation to keep going on. In addition, you can save a blank copy of the document for future use.
What cleaning tasks should I do every week?
As previously mentioned, there are chores that you don’t have to do daily. A weekly household cleaning task list includes replacing bed sheets, vacuuming the floors, scrubbing the bathroom, and washing the clothes.
What are the benefits of a cleaning checklist?
Some advantages of having a cleaning checklist are as follows:
What should I include when deep cleaning?
Deep cleaning the different parts of your house covers a lot of tasks. It may include carefully cleaning the appliances, furniture, light fixtures, and every single thing in each part of your home. You may need a spring cleaning checklist template for this task so that you won’t overlook a single chore.
As featured in an article from National Geographic, only 9% of 6.3 billion metric tons of plastic waste are recycled. It means that the rest of this trash will end up in landfills or even the oceans. Saving the mother earth starts within our own homes. Before you take the challenge of cleaning the environment or reducing, reusing, and recycling waste, you first need to tidy up your room. And if you need a guide to accomplish the process, then download one of the templates and sample documents compiled in this article!
Sample Moving Checklist - 7+ Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Daily Checklist - 7+ Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Daily Checklist - 10+ Examples in PDF, Word
Sample To Do Checklist - 6+ Example, Format
Sample Blank Checklist Template - 10+ Documents Download in ...
Excel Checklist Template - 6+ Free Samples, Examples & Formats
Sample To Do Checklist - 9+ Documents In PDF, Word
Sample Checklist Template - 19+ Free Documents Download in ...
Checklist Sample in Word - 10+ Examples in Word
Sample Maintenance Checklist Template - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Printable Checklist Sample - 12+ Examples in Word, PDF
Home Inspection Checklist - 7+ Free Download for PDF
Sample Inspection Checklist - 8+ Documents In PDF, Word
14+ Home Inspection Checklists – Free Sample, Example, Format
House Cleaning Flyers Template - 11+ Download Documents in ...