Traditionally, to create a strong conclusion about a certain phenomenon, you need to gather all the characteristics of each relevant factor. However, in particular situations, doing so can be unrealistic. For example, studying each and every strand of human hair may not be feasible. Thanks to statistical analysis, you don’t necessarily have to examine all of the human hairs to provide a relevant explanation. However, just like conducting clinical research, you cannot begin your statistical analysis without a research analysis. You need to develop a statistical analysis plan.
What is a Statistical Analysis Plan
Also known as data analysis plan, a statistical analysis plan is an outline that details the statistical methods that you need to develop if you intend to conduct a clinical trial. This document will ensure that the study adheres to the protocol. Your project’s statistical programmers are responsible for reviewing this document among others to clarify and comprehend the concept of the project, which will allow them to construct data sets. They will, then, present these data sets in the form of diagrams, figures, charts, and graphs.
What are the Different Types of Analysis Plan?
Aside from the statistical plan, there are other analysis plans in the clinical development that you may have to develop, such as the following:
Interim Statistical Analysis Plan
- It is an analysis plan that outlines the techniques of handling issues for blinded studies. It also addresses the possible impact of the analysis of the entire study, such as the necessary big adjustments.
Data Monitoring Committee Statistical Analysis Plan
- A data monitoring committee statistical analysis plan contains the adjustments in the interim analysis and the procedures for data safety monitoring procedures, which the data monitoring committee will utilize. It also contains the names of the entities and people and their roles in the project.
Integrated Statistical Analysis Plan
- An integrated statistical analysis plan is a document that outlines the analysis for an integrated analysis, which the statistical programmers use as a deliverable.
FREE 9+ Statistical Analysis Plan Templates in PDF | MS Word
Did you know that, in the United States, the average salary of statisticians is $94,612 per year? If you are a student or a career shifter who intends to secure a job in the field, learn how to create a statistical analysis plan. You can start by going over the following samples and templates.
1. Clinical Statistics Analysis Plan Template
2. Hospital Statistical Analysis Plan
3. Statistical Analysis Plan Sample Template
4. Perhexiline Statistical Analysis Plan
5. Smoking Cessation Statistical Analysis Plan
6. Sample Statistical Analysis Plan
7. Statistical Analysis Plans Handouts From University
8. Clinical Trial Statistical Analysis Plan
9. Detailed Statistical Analysis Plan Sample
10. Editable Statistical Analysis Plan Template
How To Review a Statistical Analysis Plan
To ensure that the statistical analysis plan you create will server its purpose, you need to thoroughly review this document. Lucky for you, because we have gathered a set of tips, which you can use as your guide in completing your project.
1. Read and Understand the Entire Document
Ensure that you comprehend the entirety of the plan by reading and understanding all the information included in each section. It is your job to give important feedback about the study author. To do it, you need to be knowledgeable about statistics.
2. Take Note Any Deviations
By taking note of the deviations, you can ensure to put them into consideration during the programming to ensure that it aligns to the project standards. It will also help if you will refer to the previous studies that you have taken before which are similar to your current project for easier implementation.
3. Perform in Multiple Stages
Although you can do all the stages involved in one reading, if you are a new statistical programmer, we recommend that you conduct the statistical analysis plan review in step by step.
4. Keep the following Points
As a statistical programmer, it is crucial to maintain the following points during the review process:
- Correctness refers to the correctness of the entirety of the document. It covers the spelling and grammar of the article, which you can do in just one reading, regardless of your expertise in statistical analytics. Thus, it should not be of your main.
- The statistical analysis plan should observe its consistency with the protocol of the project. To do it, you will have to check and compare each of the documents, such as the project standard definitions. However, take note that you can allow inconsistency between the protocol and the statistical analysis plan in the event that the analysis is not appropriate anymore. In this case, your team or the statistician must make sure to detail any deviation in the plan.
- Similar to the consistency, you need to check if all the sections of the analysis are consistent. However, in this aspect, you are going to check if the consistency within the statistical analysis plan itself. Ensure that the document addresses all the necessary details.
- Check if the statistical analysis plan is actually appropriate to the project’s purpose. Meaning, you need to determine if the planned analysis will answer the questions that the study aims to answer. To do it, you need to have enough knowledge about the analysis and its requirements.
What is Statistics?
Also known as statistical analysis. Statistics is the branch of science that deals with the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of the numerical data in large quantities. It aims to come up with a conclusion based on the collected samples.
What are the two branches of Statistics?
Statistics has two branches that are equally important if you decide to conduct a statistical project in psychology or any field, which are the descriptive statistics and inferential statistics.
- Descriptive Statistics
- Descriptive statistics is a branch of science, which, usually, occurs in the first part of a project. It involves processes, such as data collection and presentation.
- Inferential Statistics
- To complete a research project, you will have to apply the conclusion that you have come up with the statistical analysis. You can do it through inferential statistics.
What is Biostatistics?
Biostatistics refers to the application of the statistical methods to biological studies. Just like any type of statistical research, it involves processes, such as the collection and data analysis and interpretation.
Whether you are in the world of business or politics, you need statistics to understand and make use of the data you have collected, making statisticians vital to every field that affects day-to-day living. In this article, we have discussed the basic things that you need to know about this mathematical analysis.
Sample Target Market Analysis - 5+ Documents in PDF
Sample Business Analysis Report - 8+ Examples in PDF, word
Sample Real Estate Market Analysis - 9+ Examples in PDF, Word
Sample Case Analysis - 6+ Examples in word, PDF
Sample Comparative Market Analysis - 9+ Examples in PDF, Word
Sample Critical Analysis Template - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Product Analysis Report - 8+ Examples in PDF, Word
Sample Sales Analysis Template - 7+ Free Documents Download in ...
Sample Real Estate Market Analysis - 7+ Examples, Format
Sample Marketing Analysis - 11+Documents in PDF
Sample Competitive Analysis - 6+ Documents in PDF, Word
Stakeholder Analysis Sample - 9+ Documents in Word, Excel, PDF
Sample Job Task Analysis - 6+ Documents in PDF, Word,
Sample Real Estate Market Analysis Template - 6+ Free Download ...
Sample Requirement Analysis Template - 9+ Free Documents in ...