Evaluation forms are not only for the management to measure the employee’s performance, it could also be a way to evaluate oneself. Self-evaluation form is one instrument for that. Self-evaluations don’t have to be done just because it was asked of you, it should be something that you set for yourself as well.
Management usually provides performance evaluation forms for the employees to fill out, but from time to time they would require you to write your self-evaluation. This should be written properly since this could leave an impact on your record and for the organization to analyze what training to give to enhance your skills.
What to Say on a Self-Evaluation Form
- Reflect on your achievement and the task you have contributed.
- The self-evaluation must reflect the goals and objectives you’ve set for yourself, and base your evaluation on it if you have met it at the end of the project.
- Keep the focus of the content on yourself and not on the entire team because this is different from group self-evaluation forms, rather it is about your contribution and your actions.
- Share and explain the struggles you’ve encountered.
- Write supporting evidence of the achievements you’ve written; use quantifiable examples and qualitative data for this.
- Relate your feedback to the accomplishments that influenced your success.
How to Make a Self-Evaluation Form
- Be honest. Whether you are writing teacher self-evaluation forms or employee self-evaluation forms, you should be as objective as you can in looking at yourself and your actions. Be truthful in the information that you write in order for the management to know your side of the evaluation.
- Share insights on your success. Highlight the small or big things that you learned and accomplished together with your success.
- Explain your struggles and the challenges you met on your way to success. These are important because these are the things that shaped you to be better.
- Justify your achievements, provide sample scenarios.
7 Steps to Writing a Self-Evaluation Form
Whether you were required to write a school self-evaluation form, an employee self-evaluation form, or just something you chose to do to evaluate yourself, take this opportunity to have an overview of what you’ve accomplished and the challenges you passed.
- Allocate a certain time for writing a self-evaluation form. Writing this takes time to thoroughly examine achievements and growth opportunities.
- Create an inventory of the work you’ve done in the past year or month, depending on the self-evaluation you are writing.
- Share the things and new knowledge you’ve learned. Identify the events or ways that enhanced any of the skills you possess. Describe the new skills you’ve gained and mastered and how it helped you in your success.
- Share the challenges you encountered and how you coped with it. Describe humbly how you overcame the challenges and what part of the new skills left a huge impact on how you face these challenges.
- Share your accomplishments and provide supporting evidence. When writing your accomplishments, make sure that this aligns with the organization or the goals so you could incorporate it later.
11+ Purchase Order Samples & Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
11 + Sample Lease Agreement Forms
8+ Sample Annual Credit Report Forms -PDF, Word, Docs, Pages
42+ Agreement Forms in Doc
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF