Education is pretty important. This is why there is a need to ensure that the person handling the education of the students, aka the teacher, is capable and is well-equipped to give quality and proper education to the students that they are handling. One good way of assessing whether a teacher has all the qualities that the school is looking for, yearly teacher evaluations can be conducted. This way, the school administration can have a feedback about the teacher’s performance from the students as well as from colleagues.
If you are planning on making a teacher evaluation form, you can pattern your evaluation form after some of the sample forms that we have included in this article. We will even share some tips that can make your evaluation forms more polished and professional-looking. So are you ready? Just keep reading this article to find out more!
Teacher Training Evaluation Form
University Teacher Evaluation Form
Teaching Evaluation Feedback Form
Kindergarten Teacher Evaluation Form
Clinical Teaching Evaluation Form
Peer Teaching Evaluation Form
Basic Information About Teacher Evaluations
The outcome of the evaluation would be an overall assessment of the teacher’s performance in terms of teaching. It is also used as a tool for gauging decisions regarding retaining employees, renewing of contracts, and promotions.
There are two kinds of teaching evaluation approaches: summative and formative teaching.
Summative Teaching Evaluation
A ton of times, student feedback forms are developed by schools and universities as a form of summative teaching evaluation. A summative teaching evaluation approach aims to make a judgment about the teacher’s teaching performance of the teacher and aims to find out the aspects of the teacher’s teaching that needs to be improved and come up with suggestions on how problem areas may be improved.
This type of teaching evaluation is oftentimes conducted by the central unit of the school’s administration and follows certain procedures that are often standardized to ensure that all of the evaluation forms that will be used are uniform and cover the same aspects regarding the teacher’s teaching techniques.
Formative Teaching Evaluation
A teaching evaluation is considered to be formative when it concentrates on primarily helping the teacher make the necessary improvement about his/her teaching techniques. With this approach, instead of the school administration giving the suggestions for improvements, it is up to the teacher to make his/her own solutions to whatever teaching obstacle has been observed.
With formative teaching evaluations, teachers can use an evaluation form that is not standardized and is not necessarily one that has been suggested by the school administration. It can either be a simple evaluation form that can be filled out quickly or it can be more thorough and systematic; however, it might take more time.
Importance of a Teacher Evaluation Form?
So you may ask why teacher evaluation form is important. One of the main reasons why teacher evaluations are conducted is for the purpose that the teacher will be made aware about the areas that he/she is good at and what areas are in dire need of improvement. It is important that the school administration as well as the parents of the students are assured of the quality of teaching and learning that their children are getting. Teaching, after all, has to be continuously and systematically examined and observed. A thorough reflection of the evaluation can help you know what the teachers should put more effort in and attention to. You can help the teachers think of ways that can help them tackle the obstacles that they might be facing with regards to teaching.
So what are the other reasons why a teacher evaluation form is important?
- It is one of the easiest ways of assessing the teacher’s performance.
- It makes monitoring way easier as everything is recorded in the document.
- Teachers will be able to know what they need to prioritize and focus more on.
- It can serve as a reminder of what the teacher needs to do.
- It is an efficient means of assessment as it covers everything regarding the teaching experience that the students get from the teacher.
- This can be the basis of the teachers to eradicate any bad habits that they might have that their students find unpleasant. This means that the teacher will be more disciplined and more aware of his/her actions.
- The evaluation form can be used as a basis to achieving teaching goals much with ease and with better planning techniques.
- Teacher evaluation forms can help the teacher improve and be more effective and efficient with his/her teaching techniques.
You can check out more evaluation form examples for more evaluation form references.
Teacher Self Evaluation Form
Student Teaching Evaluation Form
Blank Teacher Evaluation Form
Teacher Assistant Evaluation Form
Teaching Demonstration Evaluation Form
Creating an Effective Teacher Evaluation Form
What are the steps involved in creating an effective evaluation form? Honestly, there is no fixed method of how a teacher evaluation form is created but we would like to give you a few suggestions.
- Think of what you want your teacher evaluation form to cover. You can refer to a few employee evaluation forms in PDF on this very website. You can copy a few statements from the sample evaluation forms and paste it to a blank text application available on your computer or any available online program to create your teacher evaluation form.
- List down the matters that you would like to include in your teacher evaluation form. Remember the standards that your company has and base a few items from the standards.
- Provide detailed instructions as to how the evaluation form should be filled out and make it as simple as possible.
- Include a criteria and give a brief explanation of said criteria. Make sure that the criteria is in line and related to the teacher’s performance.
- Provide a space where the person who will be filling out the evaluation form can give his/her personal feedback about the teacher.
- You may also provide a space where the student/co-teacher can write his/her name, but make sure to make this an optional one.
- Make sure that you arrange the content of your evaluation form before finalizing it.
- Have other teachers or some of the school’s administration take a look at your teacher evaluation and give you feedback about your evaluation form. Use the feedback as a means of making adjustments and improvements to your evaluation forms.
- Make sure to spell-check and correct any grammatical errors that you might find in the evaluation form.
- Have the performance evaluation form template approved by the school admin. Once approved, you can now start administering teacher evaluations.
Why Do You Need the Teacher Evaluation Form Samples?
Making use of the sample teacher evaluation forms would make the task of creating your very own evaluation form a whole lot easier since you will have a good basis to what you would include in your evaluation. Teacher evaluation forms are also very important especially since these can be used as a reference basis for when a teacher transfers to another school.
Since the sample evaluation forms that we have included already have some of the necessary questions that a teacher evaluation form should ask, you will need to make a minimal amount of editing and customizing it according to the standards of the school that you are working for.
How to Get Sample Teacher Evaluation Forms
The sample teacher evaluation forms that are in this article are very easy to download. They are also available in PDF file format which are compatible with a lot of devices—computers and handheld devices alike. So how do you get a hold of the evaluation form templates that we have included in this article? Just follow the steps below.
- Pick out one or more evaluation forms that you would like to use as a reference.
- Beside the sample or samples you have picked out, you will find a green DOWNLOAD button. Click that button.
- Once clicked, the green button will now be a red VERIFY button with a text box above it. In the text box, you will have to type in a text captcha. The captcha can be found above the blank text box. After filling out the text box, click on the red VERIFY button.
- You will now notice that the red VERIFY button is now a red DOWNLOAD button. Click on it you will now be prompted to save the file to your device.
- After saving the file, you will have to extract the folder to get the raw file. After extracting, you now have a document to use as reference.
8+ Sample Pledge Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Print Release Forms – PDF
10+ Patient Feedback Forms – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms – PDF
8+ Sample Registration Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Registration Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Rental Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Rental Application Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Donation Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Donation Request Form Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Sample Employee Uniform Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Submittal Transmittal Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Liability Waiver Forms – Word, PDF
7+ Employment Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Employment Application Forms – PDF, DOC