What is an evaluation form? An evaluation form is mostly used in work settings mainly to evaluate or assess the performance of the employees based on the standards provided by their company. Ideally, an employee is evaluated by their immediate supervisor and supervisors are evaluated by their managers and so on. The evaluation is done with the supervisor having a one-on-one coaching or talk with the employee.
In every evaluation, feedback is given to an employee based on the performance that their supervisor has recorded. The feedback is done orally and a written copy is also provided using an evaluation form. Evaluation forms are very useful when doing employee evaluation or employee appraisals as they can make the task easy and convenient.
In this article, we will be providing you with 7+ evaluation form samples and templates that you can download. You can use them as your own or you can use them as a reference if you want to create your own evaluation form. To further help you with it, we will also be providing steps and tips on how can create an effective evaluation form.
Job Performance Evaluation Form
Workshop Evaluation Form
Sample Evaluation Form
How to Create an Effective Evaluation Form
There is no special way or technique to be able to create an evaluation form, but there is definitely a way on how you can create an effective evaluation form. We will show you how using the steps we have provided below.
- First, think of how you want to create your evaluation form. There are a lot of ways that you can use to create one. There are employee evaluation forms in PDF and performance evaluation templates online that you can make use of. You can also use computer applications and online programs to help you create your evaluation form.
- Once you have decided on how to create your form, you should decide on the contents. It is best to make a list or a draft of how you will be evaluating the employees. Make use of the company-provided standards as your basis.
- Provide an explanation or instructions on how the evaluation form is used. Make your form as simple as possible, just like what you would do with other forms like time off request forms.
- Include the evaluation criteria that are intended for the employee. You wouldn’t use a team management criteria to evaluate a regular employee as this is a supervisor or manager’s job.
- Provide some space where the supervisor or manager can write their feedback and another space where the employee can write theirs too.
- Always make sure that there is a space intended for writing their names and affixing their signatures.
- Arrange all of your contents in a way that it will look organized or orderly. It should be systematic, and easy to read and understand.
- Ask help from other employees who have used evaluation forms before. Get their feedback and make the necessary changes if you need to.
- Have your evaluation form approved by your manager or the higher-ups before you have it finalized.
- Perform a spelling check and have somebody proofread your work to make sure that there are no spelling and grammar errors.
You should be able to create an effective and useful evaluation form using the steps above together with the samples that we have provided in this article.
Training Evaluation Form
Oral Presentation Evaluation Form
Employee Performance Evaluation Form
Importance of Evaluations
People get evaluated for a lot of stuff. School children have evaluations, employees get evaluated, businesses and establishments get evaluated. There is absolutely a different kind of evaluation for different things. It just makes me think of how important an evaluation is. That is why we have made a list of the importance of evaluations that you need to know.
- Employee evaluations are done to measure an employee’s job performance in the field of work.
- Evaluations help determine the weaknesses and strengths of the individual being evaluated. This allows both the individual and the evaluator to find ways to overcome the individual’s weakness and at the same time provide more room for them to improve.
- Evaluations provide a means for companies and other entities to require that performance standards be used in order for performance goals to be met.
- Through conducting evaluations, an employer will be able to determine the employee they need to recognize and provide an award. The same thing is true in schools and other institutions.
Presentation Evaluation Form
Student Performance Evaluation
Boss Evaluation Form
Teacher Evaluation Form
Manager Annual Self-Evaluation Form
Tips for Creating Effective Evaluation Forms
There are many ways on how you can make things better and one of them is with the use of tips. These tips will definitely help you create better and effective evaluation forms.
- Create an evaluation form that is easy to use.
- Provide simple instructions on how it can be used so that whoever uses it will provide the information you expect them to put.
- Arrange the details in your form in a way that it is logical and sequential. It will be easily understood if the contents are properly arranged.
- Make it a point to use simple terms. While using technical terms might make it look and sound impressive, not all may understand it, which means that it is not going to be effective.
- There should be different evaluation forms for different job roles.
- It is best that you use rating methods that prove to be effective or one that is appropriate for the type of job being evaluated.
- Keep your goals SMART. It means that your goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-based.
- The professional needs and career needs of an individual or employee should be addressed.
- Ask and inquire about the evaluation process to make your input better.
- Use employee evaluation form samples that are available online as your reference.
- Enough space should be provided for feedback.
- Doing a spelling and grammar check will greatly improve your evaluation form. This is very important not only in writing forms but also with business letters and application letters.
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC