One way or another, you should have applied for something at least once in your life. It could be an application for a job or an application to open a bank account. Chances are that while doing an application, you may have been presented with a document where you are to input necessary information. Application forms are the best way in getting information from clients and keeping track of all the request made to the company.
Application forms are very important documents for any organization. For schools and businesses, they are the means by which potential customers reach out to you to avail of your services. Our sample forms are carefully designed for you to better serve your customers.
Job Application Forms
Railway Job Application Form
IGA Job Application Form
College Job Application Form
Generic Job Application Form
Employee Job Application Form
Rental Application Forms
Residential Rental Application Form
Residential Tenant Application Form
Blank Rental Application Form
Youth Private Rental Application Form
Room Rental Application Form
House Rental Application Form
Employment Application Forms
Target World Employment Application Form
Generic Employment Application Form
Employment Pass Application Form
Restaurant Employment Application Form
Leave Application Forms
Maternity Leave Application Form
Staff Leave Application Form
Student Leave Application Form
Application for Leave of Absence Form
Parental Leave Application Form
Casual Leave Application Form
Loan Application Forms
Personal Loan Application Form
Home Loan Application Form
What Are Application Forms?
Application forms are documents that organizations use to obtain information from people that are interested in availing their services. These forms are usually the first line of communication between the customer and the organization. The first impression of the company people usually get are these documents. It is also often an indication of what kind of service they are going to get so it is important to put effort in properly structuring your application form.
In an application form, the potential customer is often asked to fill out fields for their personal details such as name, age, birth date, and so on. There is also a field that requires one to put references. The references section not only applies to a job application but also to application for a business credit or a credit account. Check out these sample reference letters for your job application.
Who Uses Application Forms?
Application forms are made for many reasons. Almost all organizations use them so that customers have an easy way of accessing their services. Applications forms should be done in a way that makes filling them out an easy task for customers; converting them into earnings would be no sweat. Below are some of the organizations that use application forms:
- Employers in the public sector. The public sector prefers a more systematic way of screening their applicants. This is easier done with application forms compared to resumes, which come in many formats. All application forms in the organization have similar formats so processing applications should not be a hard task.
- Banks. When you try to open an account for a bank, you are often given application forms to fill out. They are not the only application forms found in a bank. There is also a credit card application form, money transfer application form, home loan application form, and so on.
- Military. The military has a very rigorous application process. Not everybody is cut out for it and so application forms are used to screen which ones are tough enough.
- Grant companies. Grants are not just given to anyone. Grant companies use application forms to see which organizations are deserving of the grant.
- Schools. Schools also have a rigorous application process. High-performance schools especially, would only admit the best out of the applicants. The application forms are one of the tools they use in determining that.
Benefits of Using Application Forms
Application forms have been used for many years and they have stayed because of the different benefits that they bring. They are very effective record-keeping tools. When a comprehensive list of personal details is needed, it is the application form that is often checked. For example, a resume is very much like an advertisement for the applicant. Some details are enhanced and some are omitted so that they look good in front of their potential employer. In an application form for a job employment, all the other details that are not included in the resume are present.
Credit Application Forms
Tax Credit Certificate Application Form
Tax Credit Application Form
Credit Account Application Form
Business Credit Application Form
Grant Application Forms
Sample Grant Application Form
Community Grant Application Form
Foundation Grant Application Form
Divorce Application Forms
Marriage Divorce Application Form
Divorce Notice Application Form
Divorce Certificate Application Form
Account Application Forms
Account Transfer Application Form
Account Opening Application Form
Business Banking Account Application Form
Personal Account Application Form
Interview Application Forms
Application Form for Walk-in-Interview
Pre-Interview Application Form
Candidate Interview Application Form
Types of Application Forms
Organizations from across all industries have application forms of their own. This means that they often look very different and have varying contents. As an example, a job application form is used to see all the information regarding an applicant that helps an employer decide if he or she is fit for the job. A business banking account application form, on the other hand, is used to get all the information of about a person, including his or her financial history, in order to decide whether to decline it or not. One thing common about all application forms though is that they are valuable evaluation tools. Listed below are the different types of application forms:
- Employment application form. This is mostly used by employers to find the right person for the job from their pool of applicants. Some companies prefer to use this over resumes as they are much easier to process as there is only one form for all candidates, making comparisons easier to do. Some of the things found in this type of application form include the applicant’s personal information, their work availability, past job history, etc.
- Membership application form. A members-only club or organization will need an application form to assess the people who want to get in. Exclusive organizations would only want the best for their team. A membership application form will equip the organization with the necessary tools in order to make a decision. Information that the organization will need include the potential member’s employment history, emergency contacts, references, etc.
- Rental application form. Landlords have to carefully screen the people that they let into their property. They can check for the background of the potential tenant and rental application forms are the best way of doing that. Landlords can check for their employment status, rental history, and so on. Another important thing that landlords need to check is the criminal background of their potential tenant.
- Credit application form. Anything involving a large amount of money requires careful assessment. Lenders would need to check for the background of the people they lend money to. They need to make sure the borrower has the ability to pay the money back. Credit application forms can be used to judge that. Some information that could be found in them include the borrower’s employment status and their credit history.
- Volunteer application form. Just because a person is kind enough to volunteer, especially for a nonprofit organization, does not mean they should welcome immediately all forms of help. They could be held liable for inappropriate acts that were done by the volunteers. That is why the application should be documented properly using a volunteer application form.
Having a proper application form to document all the necessary information about a potential customer or employee is necessary for any organization. It provides them with the necessary data that would be used to assess and make a decision.
Mortgage Application Forms
Residential Mortgage Application Form
Mortgage Loan Application Form
Mortgage Pre-Approval Online Application Form
Intermediary Mortgage Application Form
Practice Application Forms
Practice Job Application Form
Practice College Application Form
Practice Nurse Application Form
Student Application Forms
International Student Application Form
Student Finance Application Form
Student Loan Application Form
Student Visa Application Form
School Application Forms
Secondary School Application Form
School Transport Application Form
School Scholarship Application Form
Primary School Admission Application Form
Tenant Application Forms
Landlord Tenant Application Form
Prospective Tenant Application Form
Tenant/Lease Application Form
Vendor Application Forms
Food Vendor Application Form
Vendor Credit Application Form
Vendor Registration Application Form
Tips in Making Application Forms
The importance of application forms for any organization could not be stressed enough. Filling out an application form should not feel like a chore for your potential customers. Having a good application form that doesn’t scare people away is the first step in growing your business. For companies looking for the best candidates for a particular job, they are also a great way of figuring out who the best fit for the position is. There are certain things that should be taken into account so that your company application form would become your perfect ally in organization development. Listed below are some tips you can use when making an application form:
- Keep it short. Make sure to ask only for indispensable questions. Always remember that length is a major factor in determining the conversion rate of your forms, so be sure to limit the number of fields in them. Fields where information is not really required should be left out of the form. If they really should be there, make sure potential customers have the option to answer it or not.
- Keep fields in logical order. The order of the fields you put in your form should also be carefully thought out. Answering an application form is very much like answering an actual person asking questions. When the person suddenly asks something that was not even remotely related to his previous question, it leaves the customers confused.
- Be as comprehensive as you can. The application form is your chance to get as much information about your potential customer or applicant. In the example of a job application, a resume would always reflect only the best of every candidate. An application form would require much more information. However, make sure to keep a balance between comprehensive and short.
- Integrate the application form into your website. These days, online is the way to go. The application process is now turning into the online community. You have to keep up and integrate your application form into your webpage. This way, you also get a fair share of the people in the online community so you don’t get left out in the cold.
Application does not have to be a tedious process. This is what organizations need to keep in mind. A potential applicant or customer should not be discouraged when seeing one. Our application samples are very simple and very easy to use so people would not have a hard time filling them out.
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC
8+ Sample Pledge Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Print Release Forms – PDF
10+ Patient Feedback Forms – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms – PDF
8+ Sample Registration Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Registration Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Rental Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Rental Application Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Donation Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Donation Request Form Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Sample Employee Uniform Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Submittal Transmittal Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Liability Waiver Forms – Word, PDF