Release forms are vital documents in any organization. For example, when you have images of other people in a photograph to be used in your website, you would need a photo release form so that you are sure that they agree with your use of the photos. They also serve as your protection so that no problems would arise.
Release forms can also be used to record the release of certain things to people, as in the case of medical records release forms. Either way, they are documents that should be taken seriously as they often spell the difference between a smooth operation or a lawsuit. Our sample forms are very easy to use and you can easily print them for your own use.
Medical Release Forms
Medical Authorization Release Form
Social Security Medical Release Form
Generic Medical Release Form
Photo Release Forms
Sample Photo Release Form
Minor Photo Release Form
Photo Release Consent Form
Internet/Photo Release Form
Photo/Video Release Form
Model Release Forms
Child Model Release Form
Photographer and Model Release Form
Talent/Model Release Form
HIPAA Release Form
Standard HIPAA Release Form Sample
HIPAA Authorization Release Form
Generic HIPAA Release Form
Copyright Release Forms
Artist Copyright Release Form
Copyright Release Form
Photography Copyright Release Form
What Are Release Forms?
Release forms are basically documents that are used to cover and protect any organization that uses it from any legal litigation. When businesses give these out to people they are dealing with and they sign it, they are essentially protected from any disputes that would arise. A person signing a release form means that he or she is giving permission to the business to use anything that involved him or her.
For example, a film production company would need to draft several release forms. An actor may ask that a footage of a film be cut from the film because it is in conflict with another role they have just landed. By having them sign a release form before production, you are protected from this incident happening. Another example regarding production companies is when they use a local bookstore as set for their film. The owner of the business may change their mind in the future and not want their store shown in the film. Release forms protect this from happening.
Release Forms as Legal Protection
One of the main uses of release forms is as legal protection for the organization. It is a fact that people are fickle and they change their mind all the time. When you have made them sign a release form, you are safe from any legal battle that the dispute may cause in case this situation happens. You should always think of the safety of your business and ensure that you are not losing money. This means that you should take these release forms seriously. Make sure that before doing business with other people, you make them sign it. So what does it take for you to do this?
- You need to have all the necessary forms. Depending on the nature of your business, you would often need several ones. Make sure that you have them in your hand, readily available all the time. You may have it made personally to fit your business model or you may be using a general release form such as these, it doesn’t matter. Just make sure that you have them in easy grasp once you need them.
- Ask people politely. Once you have the forms in hand, make sure that you ask people to sign them nicely. Bear in mind that these people are giving up their rights to a legal litigation and in some cases, giving you permission to use information about them. So make sure that you ask politely. It doesn’t hurt to be courteous and show utmost professionalism to them.
- Always get people to sign the form upfront. This is very important as people would often save this part of the process for later. They may take some time to read the contents of the form but make sure that you always get back the document upfront. This way, you and the people you deal with don’t forget about it.
Work Release Forms
Return to Work Release Form
Student Work Release Form
High School Senior Work Release Form
Early Work Release Form
Lien Release Forms
Partial Waiver of Lien and Release Form
Sample Lien Release Form
Unconditional Lien Release Form
Release of Information Forms
Release of Personal Information Form
Release of Patient Information Form
Release of Confidential Information Form
Doctor Information Release Forms
Doctor/Patient Information Release Form
Release of Medical Records Form Sample
Doctor’s Medical Release Form
Emergency Release Forms
Medical Emergency Release Form
Minor Emergency Release Form
Medical Information/Emergency Release Form
Emergency/Medication Consent Release Form
The Essential Release Forms for Any Business
Businesses, whether it’s a product- or service-oriented one, always deal with a lot of different people. That is just the nature of business. You need people that avail of the products and services that you have to offer so that you get the goal of every company—profit. While people are the business’s greatest friends, they could also easily turn into their greatest enemy. Some people would complain about your products and sometimes even spread bad rumors that could ruin your reputation. Other people could also change their mind about a business transaction, which could mean costly for the business.
When dealing with people, you need to make sure that you have their consent to use whatever information or object you have of them that is relevant to your business. You also need to protect yourself from possible disagreements that any business transaction might cause. Release forms are the best way to do this. There are several types of this form that every business needs to have.
- Release Form for Activities – Businesses often have events or activities that employees and people outside of the organization can attend. When hosting activities, you would need to have every single person participating in the event to sign a release form. Injuries and damages could happen during the event so companies need to make sure that they have limited liability in cases such as these. Some information included in this type of release form are the name of the parties involved, that is, the company and the participant; what activity it is; and the name of the emergency contact person with their contact number.
- Release Form for Working on Someone Else’s Property – There are times when businesses would need to work on the private property of other people. This is very common in the entertainment industry as they use some property as set locations for their movies or shows. In this case, you would need the owner’s consent to use the property and make them sign a release form. This way, disagreements that would happen along the way or in the future are prevented.
- Release Form for Creating Marketing Materials – Real-life testimonials are the best way of marketing your business. For this to happen, you might need pictures of people to use for your website or flyers. However, be sure to make them sign a photo release form so you are sure you have their consent and to prevent problems regarding your use of it.
- Release Forms for Terminating a Contract – Two parties that have entered into a contract may mutually decide that the relationship between them is no longer working. In cases like this, they would need an agreement that releases both parties from the contract. By having this agreement, the parties agree with the cancellation of the contract relationship that was established. A mutual rescission agreement often accompanies this type of release form to show that the decision to terminate the contract is agreed by all parties involved.
Hospital Release Forms
Memorial Hospital Release of Patient Information Form
Hospital Admission/Anesthetic Release Form
Hospital Records Release Form
Records Release Forms
Dental Records Release Form
Records Release Request Form
Records Release Authorization Form
Tattoo Release Forms
Tattoo Release Form Example
Tattoo Consent Release Form
Interview Release Forms
Documentary Interview Release Form
Film Interview Release Form
Interview Release Consent Form
Sample Interview Release Form
Testimonial Release Forms
Patient Testimonial Release Form
Video/Testimonial Release Form
Getting People to Sign Your Release Forms
When dealing with any type of legal business documents, such as contracts and agreements, about half of the people you give it to or even more than that would sign it without even reading its contents. While this is not really good practice for everyone involved, it is a reality. For those people who read them, though, release forms in particular, they might be hesitant to sign it. Release forms release the business from any liability that may arise in the process so they may be apprehensive to sign it. When having these problems, here are some useful tips that will make them happily sign the form for you.
- Answer the question “Why?”. First of all, you need to ask yourself why you need them to sign a release form. When the reason is clear in your head, you are better positioned to explain to other people why a release form is needed.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic. Do not only show them that you care about what you do but that you also care for them and that you greatly appreciate their participation in your business.
- Be concise. It is always a good thing to keep documents short when you are dealing with customers and people you do business with. Of course, the forms still need to cover everything but keeping it concise greatly helps. Especially in a document where they waive some of their rights, keeping it short would save everyone’s time and effort.
- Explain what the document is about. Before giving them the form, make sure to let them know what a release form is and what it entails. Do not just hand the document to them and expect them to understand everything written in it. Being upfront about what the document contains will make you look more professional and builds more trust between the two of you.
Every business would need to have a release form readily available. When drafting a release form for your own business, make sure to check that all the necessary elements are found there so they properly serve their purpose. Our sample release forms are made with all the necessary components of what makes a good release form and download them for your own use. They are printable and easily customizable so making them your own is no problem.
FREE 20+ Listing Form Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 30+ Review Form Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 50+ Reference Form Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 50+ Attendance Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 50+ Service Form Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Outlook | Pages | PDF
FREE 50+ Announcement Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
Time-Off Request Form Samples
FREE 50+ Activity Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Incident Report Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Registration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Work Order Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 50+ Program Application Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 13+ Sample Change Request Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 50+ Schedule Form Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Outlook | Pages | PDF