When dealing with other people, you would always want to get an assurance that you have reached an agreement and that you have their consent to use whatever material you have of them. You do not want them to agree with you and then have a change of mind in the future. This happening would be very costly for your business.
These kinds of situations could easily avoided when you let them sign a release form. This way, you are protected from any claims that people you have dealt with in the past could raise against you. Check out these sample release forms to see what it is and what goes into it. You can also easily download these samples for your own use.
Medical Records Release Forms
Generic Medical Records Release Form
HIPAA Medical Records Release Form
Medical Records Authorization Release Form
HIPAA Release Forms
Standard HIPAA Release Form
HIPAA Authorization Release Form
Generic HIPAA Release Form
Photo Release Forms
Minor Photo Release Form
Internet/Photo Release Form
Photo Consent and Release Form
Photo/Video Release Form
Sample Photo Release Form
Model Release Forms
Minor Model Release Form
Minor’s Photo/Video Model Release Form
Standard Model Release Form
Dental Release Forms
Dental Records Release Form
Veternary Dental Release Form
Dental Patient Release Form
What Is a Release Form?
A release form is a document that organizations use as a form of protection from any legal claims that a person they have dealt with may file in the future. When people sign these forms, they are waiving some of their rights and are granting consent to the business to use whatever it is that they agreed upon. It is a fact that people often change their minds about certain things. One day they are so excited about doing business with you and then the next they are blabbering about how they don’t want to be part of your business and would need everything that they have contributed to be removed.
Release forms prevent situations like those from happening. By having these documents, businesses save time, money and effort from any measures that need to be taken in case disputes happen. Release forms are often used by photographers, film production companies, music production companies, and the like. They often have pictures, videos, of voice recordings of different individuals. They can’t just release any of those materials without consent from the owners. By having release forms, they not only have permission to release those materials but also are ensured that there will be no legal implications when the individual changes their mind.
Release Forms: Enforceable or Not?
There are many considerations on whether or not a release form will be enforced or not, as well as legal issues that need to be explored when dealing with these kinds of documents. When making release forms, you have to bear in mind that the people who sign them waive some of their rights so both parties can have a smooth working relationship. These documents therefore need to be legally binding and enforceable in a court of law. Below are some conditions and criteria that determine the extent of enforcement of release forms:
- All the necessary elements that make the form legally binding should be present. The things that make a document legally binding should be found in the document for it to be enforceable.
- A minor is not allowed to release his or her rights. Age is a major factor in the making of a contract. The same is true with releasing their rights. A release form that is signed only by the minor involved is not enforceable in a court of law. In this case, the minor’s parent or guardian also need to sign the document for it to be enforceable.
- The release form needs to be signed before any disputes or injury happen. You can’t make people sign a release form after an incident happens. Of course, they would not sign the document in that case. That is why you need to have the sign a release form even during the early stages of the negotiation.
These are just some of the factors that determine if release forms are enforceable. There are other legal considerations that need to be looked at to determined if they are enforceable in a court of law or not.
Video Release Forms
Video Interview Release Form
Video Production Release Form
Video Waiver Release Form
Video Release Consent Form
Media Release Forms
Social Media Release Form
School Media Release Form
Media Waiver and Release Form
Media Release Permission Form
Lien Release Forms
Partial Waiver of Lien and Release Form
Sample Lien Release Form
Unconditional Lien Release Form
Activity Release Forms
Physical Activity Release Form
Church Activity Release Form
Activity Release and Waiver of Liability Form
Credit Release Forms
Consumer Credit Release Form
Tax Credit Release Form
Criminal and Credit Check Release Form
Credit Reference Release Form
Work Release Forms
Return to Work Release Form
Student Work Release Form
High School Senior Work Release Form
Early Work Release Form
Release Forms Every Business Needs to Have
Making agreements with people is not easy. You have to meet with them and then together reach a consensus that all parties agree with. What’s more difficult about making agreements is that people change their minds. It may be that the contract has more benefits to one party or the contract relationship is just not working. Either way, the point is that people are fickle and this behavior could be very costly in business. Imagine having an actor shoot a lot of scenes and then deciding later he doesn’t want any part of it. Re-shooting these scenes would be very expensive. Having them sign a release form prevents incidents like this from happening. There are several types of release form that every business needs to have:
- Release form for activities. When businesses host activities and events, they have no control over some of the things that could happen. Injuries and damages could arise due to the event so make sure that all participants have signed a release form.
- Release form for working on someone else’s property. Companies would sometimes need to use the property of other people for business purposes. In order to avoid misunderstandings in case they change their minds in the process, make sure to make them sign a release form to protect yourself from legal liability.
- Release form for creating marketing materials. Marketing is best done when accounts of real people are shown. When you have pictures of them that you need attached to flyers or posted on your website, obtain the necessary consent and prevent future liability problems by making them sign a photo release form.
- Release for terminating a contract. When a contract relationship between two parties just isn’t working, they may mutually decide to just put it to an end. A release form would need to be signed to release all parties from the contract. This type of release form is often associated with a mutual rescission agreement.
Information Release Forms
Personal Information Release Form
Information Authorization Release Form
Information Consent Release Form
Press Release Forms
Press Release Request Form
Photo/Press Release Form
Generic Press Release Form
Property Release Forms
Personal Property Release of Liability Form
Intellectual Property Release Form
Property Damage Release Form
Testimonial Release Forms
Patient Testimonial Release Form
Video Testimonial Release Form
Copyright Release Forms
Artist/Copyright Release Form
Photography Copyright Release Form
Copyright Release Form
Drafting an Effective Release Form
Release forms, when done right, are very valuable documents for any business. They serve as legal protection from any legal claims that people may file against them. There are different elements that need to be present in these types of documents for them to be effective for any business. When drafting one, you may not be sure of what goes into it. That is why we have provided you with these sample forms so that you have a guide as to how they look like and what goes into them. When tasked with making one, use some of our tips below:
- Pick a release of liability disclaimer. By providing a disclaimer that releases you from any liability, you are protected from legal battles that may arise from disputes. Make sure that the disclaimers that you provide are usable in court in favor of your business.
- Seek legal advice in completing the document. The best option when you are writing a release form of your own is to hire a legal counsel that could help you with the legalities of the document. When in doubt about what things to write, always consult your lawyer so that the document contains a clear and valid legal language that is admissible in court.
- Look at the forms of third-party contractors. It is likely that your business is dealing with outside contractors. They would often have release forms of their own. You can use their release forms since you are from the same industry. However, always check to see that you can indeed use their forms. To be safe, consult your lawyer and check whether their forms are valid for your business also.
- Use our sample release forms. Our sample release forms are made with the goal of giving businesses like yours have an easy time in making these documents. They have all the right elements and effectively serve their purpose. Save precious time by using our sample forms.
Release forms are documents that companies can use to protect themselves again any liability claims. They are then very valuable documents that every business needs to take seriously. Release forms need to be carefully drafted so that they are enforceable in a court of law. When looking for release forms for your business, check out these generic release forms.
8+ Sample Pledge Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Print Release Forms – PDF
10+ Patient Feedback Forms – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms – PDF
8+ Sample Registration Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Registration Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Rental Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Rental Application Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Donation Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Donation Request Form Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Sample Employee Uniform Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Submittal Transmittal Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Liability Waiver Forms – Word, PDF
7+ Employment Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Employment Application Forms – PDF, DOC