An orientation is a program of introduction for newcomers to an institution or organizations. These are often conducted by an officer of a company’s human resource department or a guidance counselor in a school. In a corporate setting, conducting an orientation is important as it gives new employees an idea of how they are expected to behave, consequences, implications, and the possible trajectory of their careers. Without an orientation program, an employee might feel uncomfortable and out of place as they would have no clue regarding the cultures of the company.
At the end of every orientation program, make sure to ask the people to answer an evaluation form so you could gauge how helpful your orientation program is and what you could do to improve it. See these Sample Forms you could use as a guide in designing an evaluation form.
New Student Orientation Evaluation Form
Orientation Program Evaluation Form
Nursing Orientation Evaluation Form
Student Orientation Evaluation Form
Importance of Evaluation
- It tells you if your methods work. Getting feedback would help you determine whether the program is doing what it’s supposed to do and if you are imparting the knowledge you are meant to. In other words, it is a tool that would assist you in assessing whether or not your objectives have been met.
- It shows you areas of improvement. Maybe it was something you missed or information they would’ve wanted to know but you didn’t tackle. Conducting an orientation program evaluation would help you determine what you could do during the next orientation program so that your participants will be more interested and engaged in what you have to say.
What to Have Evaluated
- The venue. Did you pick the right place? Is it too hot or too cold? Were your participants seated comfortably or were they squished together?
- The speaker. Ask them to evaluate you as a speaker. Did you speak too softly? Too fast? Did you use so many filler words that the attendees started tallying them out of boredom.
- The contents. Were they interested in what you had to share? Did you present the right information and did you present it in a way that captured the attention of your attendees?
Orientation and Mobility Evaluation Form
Employee Orientation Evaluation Form
Student Orientation Evaluation Form in PDF
Library Orientation Evaluation Form
Parent Orientation Evaluation Form in PDF
New Faculty Orientation Evaluation Form
Conducting an Orientation Program
When conducting an orientation program in a corporate setting, make sure to do the following:
- Introduce yourself to the new employees and give them a brief overview of the company’s history. Introduce them to the people they will be working with and to the company officers so they could understand the company’s chain of command.
- Give the new employees a tour of the environment. Show them their workstations, the lunchroom, and restrooms. This would help the employees feel more at ease in their new environment.
- Give them copies of the paperwork that they’ll need to fill out to avail of the company’s benefits. Go over these forms with them so they could be familiar with these.
- Present them with the company’s processes, procedures, and policies. Tell them in detail about the company’s expectations of them, dress codes, attendance policies, and incentives. Discuss in detail the consequences they might face if they were to break rules.
For more evaluation forms, see the Workshop Evaluation Forms available on the site.
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC
8+ Sample Pledge Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Print Release Forms – PDF
10+ Patient Feedback Forms – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms – PDF
8+ Sample Registration Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Registration Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Rental Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Rental Application Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Donation Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Donation Request Form Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Sample Employee Uniform Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Submittal Transmittal Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Liability Waiver Forms – Word, PDF