Vendor or supplier evaluation is a common procedure when it comes to large scale industries. It is carried out so as to ensure the effectiveness and consistency of quality in vendor performance as well as their production of goods. Moreover, the process also serves to aid in cost control and even risk assessment. The procedure is carried out simply by providing forms to purchasing departments of a business. At times, it is done via a site visit.
If you are leading or supervising a purchasing department of a particular business, conducting periodic vendor evaluations is very much ideal. You can browse the Sample Forms on this page as the first step to this procedure that may be new to you.
Vendor Performance Evaluation Form
Training Vendor Evaluation Form in Doc
Vendor Presentation Evaluation Form
Sample Vendor Evaluation Form
There are certain points you may need to take into consideration when evaluating your vendors. Apart from browsing Sample Evaluation Forms and Workshop Evaluation Forms to get a thorough idea of how you can produce your own that you will distribute to your department, there are preliminaries you will need to look into in order for the procedure to be effective and fruitful.
These are some of the considerations you can take into account prior to handing out forms to your department:
- Determine performance indicators according to your company’s vision and mission. Prior to contacting suppliers and vendors, it is a must that you determine the set of characteristics a vendor must have and maintain so as to continue transacting with your company. Criteria can be based on the size of the company (vendor), their track record, the quality management procedures they employ, and their certifications.
- Classify your suppliers and vendors. If your company deals with a large number of suppliers, it may be a good idea to classify them. Decide on a type of classification that works best for your company and your operations. You can also opt to classify vendors by level, such as Level 1, 2, 3, etc.
Vendor Performance Evaluation Form Sample
Service Vendor Evaluation Form
Vendor Evaluation Form in Doc
CMMS Vendor Evaluation Form
Vendor Demo Evaluation Form
- Identify suppliers who are consistent in meeting your standards. This particular process may go beyond merely using Performance Evaluation Forms to determine the cream of the crop. You may need to talk to employees in the purchasing department as they are the ones who directly witness the performance of vendors and whether or not they are putting extra effort in meeting or exceeding your company’s standards.
- Maintain your relationships with suppliers worth keeping. Once you have identified the cream of the crop, you must make it a point to maintain good relationships with them. Communicate with them frequently, and convey to them that you are open to discuss possibilities of bolstering operations together at any given time. It is crucial that you avoid conflict with them at all costs.
- Cut ties with vendors that are weak links. Other than identifying the good vendors, you must also see which ones are failing to deliver. And once you have identified these weak links, your best move is to let them go. After all, you do not want your company’s operations to be tainted with inefficiency or mediocrity. It is only rational that you opt for suppliers and vendors that will strive to deliver and provide you with services and goods worth paying for.
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC