In order to make proper decisions, a necessary evaluation of the situation needs to be done first. You would need to carefully consider all the aspects of the thing or situation in order to make the appropriate judgment. These assessments are a vital part of any organization.
When making an assessment, you would need a document to officially record all the observations and findings that you have. You would need an assessment form to do this. If you are looking for an assessment form to use for your organization, you have come to the right place, as we have assessment sample forms that you can easily download for free.
Risk Assessment Forms
Fire Risk Assessment Form
Fall Risk Assessment Form
Blank Risk Assessment Form
Psychosocial Assessment Forms
Child Psychosocial Assessment Form
Adult Psychosocial Assessment Form
Bio-Psychosocial Self Assessment Form
Health Assessment Forms
Mental Health Assessment Form
Occupational Health Assessment Form
Health History Assessment Form
Preschool Assessment Forms
Preschool Teacher Training Needs Assessment Form
Preschool Assessment Form
Blank Assessment Forms
Blank Nursing Homecare Assessment Form
Blank Self Assessment Form
Blank Teacher Self-Assessment Form
Why Assessments Need to Be Done
Assessments should be routinely done in every organization. There needs to be a constant drive to improve and so they are something that should be performed regularly. When making an assessment, you need to take into consideration all aspects of a certain thing so that the observations you get are as comprehensive as possible. You would want to make an accurate assessment because the decisions you make are going to be based on that.
Assessments are also a good indication of whether the set goals and objectives are being met. This way, you know if you and the organization are on the right track. Doing an assessment provides a lot of benefits to the organization not only immediately but in the long run as well. Below are some of the benefits of making an assessment:
- They provide diagnostic feedback. By performing an assessment, you can clearly see how your organization is doing. For instance, when making a performance assessment on employees, reflected in a job evaluation form, you could clearly see which areas the employees and the organization needs improvement on.
- They help set standards. When you have been doing assessments on a regular basis, you would see trends and benchmarks on how things should be. This way, doing these assessments will help establish certain standards that need to be met.
- They evaluate progress. Again, the key to getting the best results in doing assessments is by doing them regularly. Through this, you see the progress of your employees and the organization in general. You would also see differences in results from the previous assessments so you see whether the actions you took are taking effect.
- They motivate performance. It is a fact that when people know that they are being assessed or evaluated, they tend to perform better. In an organization, knowing that you regularly perform assessments on performance would motivate them to work harder so that they pass the evaluation. This increased motivation would prove greatly beneficial to the organization.
The Inescapable Nature of Assessments
In life, we are continuously being assessed. Ever since we were children, we were constantly being evaluated. In school, we often have exams and homework to determine how much we understand about the lesson. At work, we are constantly being assessed for our performance and a lot of other things. To add to that, we are also being constantly assessed and thereby judged by our peers, parents, and by virtually anyone. In our human existence, it is a fact that we are being constantly assessed.
Assessments are inescapable. They may not come in the structured form of tests and company evaluations but it is happening. While being assessed do offer a lot of benefits, it is not often a good thing to be under assessment all the time. That is why when doing assessments, organizations need to carefully consider a lot of things. They need to be done right so that the results would be of great benefit not only to the organization but also to the people that make up that organization.
Fitness Assessment Forms
Physical Fitness Assessment Form
Occupational Fitness Assessment Form
Fitness Assessment Form Example
Hazard Assessment Forms
Pre-Job Hazard Assessment Form
Field Level Hazard Assessment Form
Risk Hazard Vulnerability Assessment Form
Employee Assessment Forms
New Employee Assessment Form
Annual Employee Assessment Form
Family Assessment Forms
Social Work Family Assessment Form
Comprehensive Family Assessment Form
Family Health Needs Assessment Form
Interview Assessment Forms
HR Interview Assessment Form
Post-Interview Candidate Assessment Form
Interview Candidate Assessment Form
What Makes a Good Assessment?
As stated above, assessments should not be taken lightly. It needs to be a tool that not only brings results to the organization, but also to the people that are in the organization. It is the people that make up the company, and are hence the driving force in keeping it alive. It is important for companies to regularly make assessments. However, when employees have come to dread each evaluation session, then you are not doing it right. Assessments need to be done right for it to be effective. Below are some of the things that make a good assessment:
- A good assessment needs to be well-aligned to the objectives. There are objectives and goals that the company have set in its conception. The items in the assessment need to be geared towards those objectives and goals. When in doubt what to put in the assessment, make sure to always go back to your roots and what you want to achieve.
- A good assessment should be valid. The items you put in the assessment should accurately capture what it is that you wish to measure. For instance, when assessing the job performance of an employee, make sure that the criteria for evaluating performance are there. Do not include any irrelevant items as that would only dilute the results that you get.
- A good assessment should be fair. Do not include personal bias when making an assessment form. Provide the same assessment form for everyone and do not put items in there that is specifically targeted to a particular individual. A good assessment should be fair for everyone and free from any form of bias.
- A good assessment should enable people to provide feedback. The assessment needs to be open and approachable. Assessments are a great time for employees to also make their recommendations and provide feedback. This way, you see things from their perspective. You can also see their suggestion for improvement for you to consider. It should be a two-way process.
- A good assessment should build trust with people. Make sure that the employees do not dread the assessments that you do. Instead, they should see assessments as a way for them to recommend ways to improve their standing in the organization. Assessments are done to make sure that they improve and as a consequence that the company improves as well.
The Importance of Assessment Forms
One of the primary way of making assessments is through assessment forms. These assessment forms need to be done with the company objective in mind. This way, it accurately evaluates the employees based on the company criteria for improvement. By using assessment forms, the items are laid out more systematically. Assessment forms provide a structured way of making these assessments. It is hence easier for people to fill out as the items are arranged logically. The criteria for making the assessment are also clearly stated in the form so there is no confusion among employees.
Network Assessment Forms
Network Church Risk Assessment Form
Network Assessment Form
Physical Assessment Forms
Pediatric Physical Risk Assessment Form
Patient Physical Assessment Form
Physical Therapy Assessment Form
Staff Apraisal Assessment Forms
Staff Perfomance Appraisal Assessment Form
Staff Performance Appraisal Assessment Form Example
Administration Staff Performance Assessment Form
Intake Assessment Forms
Sample Intake Assessment Form
Clinical Intake Assessment Form
Intake Diagnostic Assessment Form
Tips in Making Assessment Forms
When done right, assessment forms could provide great benefits not only to the organization but also to the people under it. Assessment forms need to accurately capture all the criteria needed for making an improvement. Assessments are a very valuable aid in making the necessary decisions, so deep thought and effort must be exerted when making assessment forms. When you are tasked with making one, the tips below could prove to be useful:
- Make sure they are easy to use. You would need to provide clear instructions so that people know how to use the form. This way, they know what is required of them. Also, make sure to accurately label each section and field that they need to fill out so that they are able to provide the correct information.
- Ensure that the form follows a logical flow. You do not want people to always jump around the form. Part of making it easier to fill out is by making sure that one section seamlessly leads to the next.
- Create fields that are catered to your goals. You may conduct an assessment for an employee appraisal. In this case, there are certain goals that you want to achieve. It could be for a performance check, a compensation adjustment, or a competency validation. The items on the form should be targeted to meet these goals.
- Create different forms for different job titles. Companies often take the easier route of providing a uniform assessment form for all the positions in the organization. While this practice is also valid, it ultimately pays off to take the time to tailor the assessment to the specific position. Take note that each position have different competencies required so the assessment form should reflect that.
Every organization needs to do a routine assessment. This way, they see areas that need to improve. Results from these assessments are also the basis for making the important company decisions. Doing it regularly also make you see how much the organization has improved based on the actions that they have taken. One of the ways of doing assessments is through assessment forms. When looking for one to use for your organization, we have free samples that you can easily download so you can never go wrong.
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
9+ Sample Vendor Request Forms – Word, PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC
8+ Sample Pledge Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Print Release Forms – PDF
10+ Patient Feedback Forms – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms – PDF
8+ Sample Registration Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Registration Form Samples, Examples, Templates