Damage to property is a major thing that should be taken seriously. When this happens, the immediate concern is the cost involved in the incident. It is often the insurance companies that they often first turn to. Insurance companies, however, would often give them property damage release forms to close the damage claim.
Since you are here in this page, you are clearly interested in these kinds of forms. Check out our property damage release Sample Forms and see how it looks like and what goes into it. You can also download them and easily use them for your own as they are available in both PDF and Word format.
Insurance Property Damage Release Form in PDF
Sample Property Damage Claim Release Form
Motor Vehicle Accident Release Form Example
Property Damage Release and Report Form
Standard Property Damage Release Form
What Is a Property Damage Release Form?
A property damage release form is a document that is used to relieve a party of all future claims for a property damage after the initial payment and repairs are done. For example, in a car accident, the person that hit you usually has an insurance. His or her insurance company then takes care of it. If the car can still be repaired, they could have it repaired. If it is totaled, payment is offered for the damage. After all these things are done, they then give you a property damage release form and the damage claim is now closed once it is signed.
Dealing with Property Damage
- Do not sign any property damage claims until you are satisfied. Check out these Sample Release Forms and Records Release Forms to fully understand how release forms work. Once the document is signed, no additional damage claims can be filed.
- Keep out of a bodily injury release while negotiating a property damage claim. Some insurance companies trick you into signing a bodily injury release while making arrangements for property damage.
- Take the claim to your own insurance company. Just because the other party has insurance doesn’t mean you are limited to that option. Talk to your insurance company and see what they could do. They then will be the one making arrangements with the other company on how they will be paid.
Property Damage/Injury Release Form
Personal Property Damage Release Form
Incident/Property Damage Report Form
General Property Damage Release Form
Simple Property Damage Release Form
Necessary Elements in a Property Damage Release Form
A property damage release form works much like Liability Waiver Forms in that one party is relieved from the liability that was the result of an unfortunate incident. When crafting a property damage release form, there are certain elements that should be present for it to be a valid and effective document and they are listed below.
- All parties involved in the incident. It is important to clearly state who the people involved are. The expected parties you see in one include the injured party, the defendant, and the defendant’s insurance company.
- A statement saying you were involved in the accident that caused the injury. Make sure to state how it happened as well as the date it happened.
- The total amount of the property damage. The damages that resulted are often assessed to determine the damage value. Exclude personal injury claims as that is handled separately.
- A statement that releases the defendant from any future claims or damages that are related to the incident. This is the main purpose of these documents.
Check out our sample damage release forms and feel free to download them for your own use. They have all the elements that should be present in these kinds of documents and are very easy to understand and use.
12+ Sample Change Order Forms
8+ Sample Maintenance Work Order Forms
11+ Sample Purchase Order Forms
12+ T-shirt Order Form Samples
11+ Sample T Shirt Order Forms
Applicant Appraisal Form Questions
45+ Examples of Survey Forms
44+ Sample Survey Forms in PDF
54+ Printable Survey Forms
60+ Sample Survey Forms
9 Training Evaluation Form Sample – Free Examples & Format
7+ Sample Construction Change Order Forms
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms
13 Employee Evaluation Form Sample – Free Examples & Format
57+ Evaluation Form Examples