Being interviewed for a job requires deep composure and confidence. Without the help of a good interviewer, it’s hard to manage and achieve such composure and control, especially when answering tricky questions. Thus, it’s always a courteous act to express one’s gratitude to the interviewer. One can do this through making a thank-you follow-up letter.
Creating a letter is a more formal and professional manner of sending one’s message to an important person. In the event that you’re unsure of a follow-up letter’s contents, sample letters are good references for your writing. Understand and observe carefully the key characteristics of these sample letters.
Meeting Thank You Follow-up Letter
Interview Thank You Follow-up Letter Example
Business Thank You Follow-up Letter Sample
Professional Thank You Follow-up Letter
What Is a Thank-You Follow-Up Letter?
A thank-you follow-up letter is a formal letter containing one’s message of gratitude to the interviewer for the successful interview conducted. Basically, the letter includes vital information regarding the interview such as one’s impression and feedback regarding the interview session.
Who Can Create a Thank-You Follow-Up Letter?
Commonly, a thank-you follow-up letter is created by an interviewee, specifically, a job applicant who aspires to work for a specific company or institution. Moreover, it can also be addressed by key persons who are dealing with business meetings and discussions with other important individuals. In creating a follow-up letter, it should follow its designated layout. For instance, a business letter has business letter layouts for its format.
Importance of a Thank-You Follow-Up Letter
A thank-you follow-up letter is vital because it’s a sign of being courteous and respectful to the person conducting the interview or meeting. Without the interviewer’s dedication, having a successful and fruitful interview session will be impossible to achieve. Furthermore, creating a letter is being sincere of one’s intention to express gratitude. Being grateful to your interviewer makes the person feel special and positive of the things he/she does.
Thank You Follow-up Letter Sample
Tips for Writing a Thank-You Follow-Up Letter
In writing a thank-you follow-up letter such as thank-you letters for interview, careful planning must be done in order to have a well-thought letter. To achieve such kind of letter, here are tips you can follow.
- Proper template. Select the right template for your letter. Since you’re writing a thank-you follow-up letter, have a template that matches a follow-up letter. Don’t use a template that is not suitable to your letter.
- Brainstorm. Before writing, think about the things you want to say to the interviewer. Gather your thoughts and turn them into unified words.
- Rough draft. Writing a rough draft of your letter lets you have an overview of your final letter. In writing your rough draft, don’t mind the grammar, sentence construction, and spelling yet. Loosen up and let the words flow out.
- Outline the contents. After writing your rough draft, you may now outline the contents of your letter. Organize the messages of each part of your letter. Make sure your letter is understandable to your reader.
- Sincerity. This is the essential aspect of your letter. Be sincere in writing your letter. Express your gratefulness, deeply.
- Review. Don’t forget to review your letter of any errors.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters