These days, so many applications are rejected at the computer screening phase, not to be reviewed by human hands at all. When you get an interview, you must then have a compelling resume that really grabbed the recruiter’s attention.
After an interview, to leave things on a good note, you must then let the hiring manager know how much you appreciate the time that they took to interview you. Doing so would leave a good impression on them and would reflect on your common courtesy and professionalism. If you are in a situation where you have to write one, worry no more as we have Sample Letters that are specifically made for this purpose.
Email Thank-You Letter after Interview
Thank-You Letter Format after Interview
Sample Thank You Letter after Job Interview
Thank-You Letter after Phone Interview
Why Write a Thank-You Letter after an Interview
Like any formal letters such as Formal Interview Letters and Personal Thank-You Letters, proper business letter format must be followed in writing a thank-you letter after an interview. Sending a thank-you letter has a number of benefits to you as an applicant.
- It impresses hiring managers with your follow-through.
- It shows that you have professional courtesy.
- It supplements your interest in the position.
- It gives you a chance to say important things that were not discussed during the interview.
- It showcases your skills in written communication.
Crafting a Good Thank-You Letter after Interview
It is a tricky thing to send a thank-you letter after an interview. Overdo it and you may appear desperate or too overbearing. Not sending anything at all is also not considered good practice. It is important to keep a good balance in doing this kind of thing. When making one, make sure that you stick to these main points:
- Stating your appreciation for meeting with you.
- Stating things you liked about the interview.
- Stating your interest in the job.
Thank You Letter after Interview to Recruiter
Post Face-to-Face Interview Thank-You Letter
Email Job Thank-You Letter after Interview Format
Thank You Letter after On-Campus Interview
Dos and Don’ts of Making a Thank-You Letter after Interview
When making a letter thanking a recruiter for an interview that was given to you, it is important to keep a few things in mind. You can look at Recruiter Thank-You Letters Sample for an additional guide. A good thank-you letter after an interview needs to address certain things that were raised. Here are some dos and don’ts when writing one.
- Do say positive information that were not covered during the interview.
- Do express your skills on areas where the recruiter showed concern of.
- Do address all your interviewers or send them individual letters. Make sure to tweak them a little though.
- Do remind them of your qualifications.
- Don’t stress the recruiter by sending multiple messages. One thank-you letter and a follow-up after a week is enough.
- Don’t be too casual. Keep it professional.
- Don’t send a letter that has not been proofread for spelling and grammar errors.
When given a chance for an interview, you must immediately send recruiters a thank-you letter for the chance given. This gesture will surely reflect positively on you. You can use the sample letters we have here. They are easily customizable so you can send a personalized letter that shows your deep appreciation of the time they took to interview you.
FREE 27+ Sample Sponsor Thank You Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Requisition Letter Templates in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Business Name Change Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 14+ Sample Immigration Reference Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Commitment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Letterhead Samples in MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Partnership Proposal Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Financial Aid Appeal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 5+ Vehicle Purchase Agreement Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Employment Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 14+ Quotation Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 14+ Apology Letters to Teacher in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 13+ Sample Letter of Intent for Promotion Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Court Character Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages