A graduate school is a learning institution that allows students who have already earned an undergraduate degree to further continue in getting advanced academic degrees, which may either be a master’s or a doctoral degree.
A letter of recommendation is very important for a graduate school applicant as it will higher the chances of getting accepted in the graduate school that the person has previously applied at. Aside from our recommendation letter for graduate school, you may also download our other Sample Letters.
Sample Letter of Recommendation for Graduate Nursing School
Letter of Recommendation for Graduate School Example
Employee Recommendation Letter for Graduate School
Free Letter of Recommendation for Graduate School Admission
Letter of Recommendation for Graduate School Application
What Are the Requirements in Applying for a Graduate School?
It is of requirement for a person who wanted to apply for admissions in a graduate school to have a high grade point average during his or her undergraduate years as some schools use this as the only basis on whether one will be accepted for admission or not.
Other than that, here are a few requirements that one has to submit in the application process for an advanced academic degree:
- a copy of your transcript of record to assure that you have an outstanding academic record, especially on subjects that are related to the study that you want to pursue;
- sometimes, an examination is also needed depending on the graduate school where you are applying at;
- also, there might be a chance for you to write an essay on why the school needs to accept you as a graduate student or the reason why you want to take a graduate study; and
- a letter of recommendation for graduate school is very much needed, in which we are to elaborate more in this article.
Recommendation Letter for Graduate School Format
Letter of Recommendation Request for Graduate School Sample
Professional Graduate School Recommendation Letter
Basic Personal Letter of Recommendation for Graduate School
Printable Student Recommendation Letter for Graduate School
Great References for a Letter of Recommendation
If you are required to pass a letter of recommendation for graduate school, here are the best choices of people that can create one for you:
- Your college adviser will truly be a great reference as he/she has known you as a student and will be able to write your achievements within the classroom and also outside the premises of the school. Since he or she is your adviser, that person will be able to point out your strengths and the achievements that you have already acquired both academically and on non-curricular activities.
- If your college adviser is not available or cannot be contacted, any professor from your alma mater during your undergraduate years is credible. It would be better if you are to select a professor who is handling a major subject or a subject that is related to the graduate study that you are applying for.
- Most importantly, your research adviser is a great reference for writing a letter of recommendation for you. As a graduate student, you will be facing a lot of research studies. Hence, your research adviser can highlight your best abilities and knowledge in terms of research processes.
Other than our recommendation letter for graduate school, you may also be interested in browsing our Example Letters of Recommendation.
14+ School Resignation Letter Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Meeting Thank-You Letter Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Thank-You Follow-up Letters
6+ Sample Thank-You Follow-Up Letters
40+ Sample Request Letters
54+ Request Letters Formats
43+ Request Letter Samples
19+ Invitation Letters
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples