What is a request letter? A request letter is a written letter that is essential when you need certain information, permission, approval, or service that may require a request. This is especially important if you need information from your school records, your bank account, medical records, etc. Writing a request letter is the first step in obtaining them.
If you need a request letter for whatever purpose, the samples that you will find on this page will be useful to you. You can use them as your guide and reference when writing one. This will also help you in formatting your letter to be able to achieve a good letter.
Salary Increase Request Letters
Professional Staff Salary Increase Request Letter
Annual Salary Increase Request
Staff Salary Equity Adjustment Request
Bank Statement Request Letters
Bank Account Statement Request
Bank Statement Request
Transfer Request Letter Samples
Fund Transfer Request
Bank Transfer Request
Internal Transfer Request
Sponsorship Request Letter Samples
Church Sponsorship Request
Contractor Sponsorship Request
Sponsorship Partership Request
Sponsorship Extension Request
Donation Request Letters
Donation Email Request Letter
Sample Letter of Request for Donation
Donation Request Letter Example
Types of Request Letters
There are various types of request letters you can use depending on the purpose and who you want to address the letter to. Let us look at the types of request letters available that can be useful for a variety of reasons.
- Interview Request Letter
An interview request letter is a type of letter that you can use if you want to apply for a job or you want to request a job interview. In an interview request letter, you can write the job position you want to apply for as well as a summary of your job experience.
- Raise Request Letter
A raise request letter can be useful if you want to request for a salary increase. You may address this letter to the head of your company explaining why you think you deserve a raise. Write about your accomplishments and the years you have been serving the company.
- Request for Information Letter
If you need to have certain information released for a specific purpose such as the release of medical information, bank account information, information on school records, etc., a request letter is the first step in obtaining it. A request letter is necessary for these types of information. Indicate the specific information that you need including the purpose of the request.
- Donation Request Letter
A donation request letter is important if you want to request for sponsorship of a particular company or organization. State the purpose of the donation and the reason why you need their support. You may use our donation request letter samples as reference for your letter.
- Recommendation Request Letter
A recommendation request letter is important if you need to obtain a recommendation letter for a school application or a job application. If you need a recommendation letter for a school application, you can request for one from your previous professors, teachers, dean, etc.
Late Delivery or Cancellation Request
Request Letter for Issue of Delivery Order
Delivery Request Authorization Letter Format
Cancellation Request Letter Samples
Insurance Cancellation Request
Loan Cancellation Request
Exam Cancellation/Refund Request Letter
-Request Dealership for a Product Letter
Funding Request Letter Samples
Sample Field Trip Funding Request
Sample Funding Request
Research Funding Request
Internship Request Letter Samples
Internship Extension Request
Letter to Request an Internship
Meeting Request Letters
Business Meeting Request
Business Loan Request
Formal Meeting Request
Sample Advocacy Meeting Request
How to Write a Request Letter
Writing a request letter isn’t a common thing for most people. Before you write a request letter, it is important know and understand what goes in a request letter and how you should format it. Here are the essential steps in writing request letters. Should you need to obtain information on a particular school record, our Student Recommendation Letter Requests will be useful to you. Just click on the link to check the samples.
- A request letter follows the format of a formal letter. You should start by adding information like the date, your address, the name of the person you are addressing the letter to.
- Write a greeting and a salutation of the person you are writing to.
- The first important section you should write in the letter is the purpose of it. You should specify the reason for your request. Explain to them your goal and the all the details on what you need to achieve that goal. Always remember to keep it on point, and a polite approach is necessary.
- The next thing to do is to explain further the details of the request. It is important to write about the background information of yourself and the particular request for them to be able to understand. This is to ensure that your letter will be given attention and to ensure that you get a reply.
- Include in the body of your letter your contact details and convince them to contact you should they have further questions about it.
- Before closing your letter, thank the recipient of the letter for taking the time to read and for giving interest to your request.
- When closing a letter, add the word Sincerely with your complete name and sign it.
Refund Request Letter Samples
Refund Money Request
Downloadable Deposit Refund Request
Request Letter Requesting a Refund from Landlord
Partnership Request Letter Samples
Partnership Request Letter
Community Partner Request
Sample Letter to Request Partnership Format
Permission Request Letter Samples
Permission Request Letter Format
Copyright Permission Request
Sample Permission Request Letter for Faculty
Letter of Permission Request Form
Appointment Request Letter Samples
Business Appointment Request
Meeting Appointment Request
Appointment Request Letter
Tips in Writing a Request Letter
Writing a good request letter is essential if you want to get the right response. Read and learn about the tips in making a good request letter below. You may also check our proposal request letters available, for proposal needs.
- Before you actually start writing a request letter for a specific purpose, always prepare an outline and a plan. This is important for you to have all the necessary information when you start to write. This will make writing a letter easier since you have the tools and information needed.
- Always remember to focus on the recipient of the letter and not write a request letter that contains only the things that benefit you. Mention how a particular recipient can benefit from your request. For example, when you are writing a donation request letter, mention how their donation can benefit a lot of people.
- Do a draft of your letter before sending out the final output. Mistakes are inevitable, especially when writing a letter of request. This is one important tip if you want a perfectly written output.
- One important tip is to be direct or straightforward in your letter. Other unnecessary information that only lengthens your letter can break the sincerity of it.
- Use simple vocabulary and avoid using complex words. Not only is it unnecessary but also takes away the interest of the individual reading it.
- It is important to be courteous when writing a letter. Since it is a request letter that you are writing, remember to always be polite to avoid intimidating the person you are addressing the letter to.
- Proofread your letter to check for any grammatical errors, wrong punctuation, and wrong spelling in your letter.
- Also, one important tip when sending out your request letter is to pick the right time to do it.
10+ Sample Employee Thank-You Letters
10+ Student Reference Letters
10+ Employee Resignation Letters – DOC, Apple Pages
9+ Sample Recommendation Letter for High School Students
11+ Sample Job Recommendation Letters
8+ Sample Nursing Reference Letters
11+ Nurse Reference Letters – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Rental Reference Letters
8+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
11+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent – PDF, DOC
10+ Pregnancy Resignation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Resignation Letters in PDF
13+ Sample Thank You Letters After Phone Interview – DOC, PDF
44+ Sample Letters of Recommendation for Graduate School – DOC, PDF