A letter of intent is a letter that you send to a company you wish to work for regardless of whether they have a job opening or not. You send this alongside your resume to see if there is anything they can give you that would match your skills and qualifications.
In cases where you might be starting to give up looking at the job listing websites because you can’t seem to find the one, letters of intent may be your best bet to let your target companies notice you. Our Sample Letters of intent can help you create the best-looking letters that could just let you land the job you want.
Cover Letter to Show Interest in Job
Interest Letter for Job Example in PDF
You might be wondering whether letters of intent and cover letters are the same. The answer to that is no, they are not the same. Cover letters are letters that you send together with your resume if a specific company posts job openings or ask of job applications. On the other hand, letters of interest can be sent at any time even if the target company is not hiring at the moment. It is basically an introduction of yourself and the possibilities that they might have for someone with your skill set. If your letter of intent is written in a well-versed manner, then a job opportunity just might come knocking at the most unexpected time.
What are the elements of a good letter of intent?
- First thing you have to do is to introduce yourself. Let them know your intentions for sending them the letter.
- Write your qualifications and experiences. This paragraph should let them know that you are a valuable addition to the company and that you have the qualities that the company is looking for. Support your claims with facts but make sure to make this part of the letter brief and concise.
- Offer to be invited for an interview. This interview will be your opportunity to know more about the company, what it offers, and build a relationship with the people in the organization.
With our templates and these tips, you are on your way to working in the job of your dreams and make a career out of it.
Letter of Interest for Nursing Job Sample
Letter of Interest for Job Format
A letter of interest is the best way to building a relationship with your dream company. To add more value to your letter of intent, follow these DON’Ts for and make it stand out even better:
- Do not forget to attach your resume.
- Do not put a generic heading like “To whom this may concern” or “Dear Mr./Ms. HR.” Put a little more effort by phoning the company and ask who your letter should be addressed to.
- Do not forget to state what you can do for them.
- Do not make your letters too long. This may bore the person reading it and ignore your intent.
- Do not forget to review your letter. Typos and grammatical errors have no excuses.
- Do not forget to leave your contact information.
- Do not forget to follow up. Be proactive even if this is not a job application, treat it like it is one.
Keep your letter short and straight to the point. Precision is key to getting your message across. Our Letter of Intent Samples are here to aid you in writing the best letter that would be appropriate for the job that you want. Make sure to tailor fit each letter for each industry you want to be a part of for an added personal touch.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF