When things get damaged or stopped working, we don’t always throw them out and purchase new ones as replacement. There are things that just need to be repaired and fixed instead of having them totally replaced. Examples of these things are vehicles, heavy equipment, and machinery used in businesses. An in order to know how much you need to pay or how much a certain repair costs, a repair invoice is issued detailing everything about the repair done. You may also see billing invoice samples.
In this article, we have included repair invoice samples and templates that you can download and use as your own. The invoice templates comes in different varieties so you are sure to find one that matches your needs. Basic information such as what a repair invoice is, the uses of an invoice, and the components of an invoice have also been included to further your knowledge about the topic. You can check them out below.
Auto Repair Invoice
Editable Repair Invoice Template
Auto Repair Invoice Template
Auto Body Repair Invoice Template
What Is a Repair Invoice?
A repair invoice is a detailed list of all the service repairs or labor that were performed for repairing something, as well as the fees and charges equivalent to those services. The repairs done could either be routine repairs or in-depth repair of something. Repair invoices are provided to the customer or client of a particular repair service either before or after the services were made to let them know that the listed services need to be done and they would cost this much.
Depending on the repair service providers and the equipment needed, the charge for every repair service varies. The most common repair invoice are auto repair invoices. But there are still a number of repair invoices being issued today and they are appliance repair invoices, window repair invoice, and many more.
Uses of an Invoice
There are a number of important things that you can use an invoice for. The following are some of its important uses.
- Basically invoices are used to list all of the products and services that a particular buyer has ordered either in person, on the phone, or online. This way the buyer knows how much they are going to pay for, as well as how much each item costs.
- It is also used when requesting a buyer or seller to make a payment for the goods and services that they had requested.
- Invoices are also great record-keeping tools as it contains a detailed list of the purchase or services rendered, such as the name of the product or service, the quantity of each product, the net price of each product, the payment method, name of the seller and name of the salesperson who assisted them, and so on.
- They are also used for filing and paying the exact amount of tax payment they need to pay to the government. This is very important so that they can avoid any unwanted audits. You might want to check out tax invoice templates.
- Aside form being used as a record of the sales transaction that a company or business has made, it also may used as a proof that a certain transaction occurred in a particular date. This can greatly help small businesses in avoiding petty civil lawsuits and fraud as they have something legit to show that they are doing an honest business. You may also see purchase invoices.
- Invoices can also be used as great tool for research to study about marketing trends. The dates, times, products sold, and how much was were sold are useful study information to find out the trend when customers or clients purchase these kinds of goods, so that they can perfect marketing strategy for their company or business.
Different invoices are available on our website for whatever purpose you need to use them. A few examples you find there are self-employed invoice samples and templates, advertising invoice templates, and lawn care invoice samples and templates.
Free Roofing Repair Invoice Templates
Window Repair Invoice Template
Computer Repair Invoice Template
What Is an Auto Repair Invoice?
An auto repair invoice template is specifically used in auto repair services like auto engine repair, windshield installation, vehicle upgrades, and many more. It is one of the commonly used invoices in the repair industry. It lists down the details of the repair services done on any vehicle, including the cost of labor, and the materials and equipment used.
Auto repair invoices started to become known when the sale and demand of automobiles became popular. Now that there are more vehicle brands and models available in the market, the need for auto repair shops that offer a variety of repair services and other auto services are also increasing. Prices of every service varies from one repair shop to another. Sometimes, it depends on the vehicle brand and model.
Auto Repair Invoice Form
Windshield Invoice Repair Template
Roofing Repair Estimate Invoice Template
Motor Vehicle Repair Invoice
Home Repair Invoice Template
What Is the Difference between an Invoice and a Receipt?
Invoices and receipts are believed to mean the same and are used for the same purpose. This is the misconception that everyone thinks is correct. Here we are going to make a comparison between an invoice and a receipt to end the confusion and help you differentiate one from the other.
- Invoices are issued before a payment is made while a receipt is issued after payment has been made. This is perhaps the key-defining characteristic that tells an invoice and a receipt apart.
- An invoice is issued to request for the payment of goods and services that a customer has taken advantage of while a receipt is issued to acknowledge that payment has been made. An example is when you dine in a restaurant. After eating you ask for the bill or an invoice of what you have eaten to find out how much you need to pay. After giving the payment, you will be handed a receipt together with your change. You may also see sample contractor invoice templates.
- An invoice cannot be considered as a proof of purchase for the sales transaction because there was clearly no payment made and the goods are not yet officially sold. Since a receipt serves as an acknowledgment of one’s payment, it is considered as a proof of purchase and can be used to return purchased goods if needed. You may also like education invoice templates.
- An invoice includes all the details similar to that of a receipt, but invoices do not show the actual date and time when payment was made and the mode of payment used.
The best way to help you further differentiate an invoice from a receipt is by checking related topics about them, which you can surely find on our website. There are a lot that you can choose from and some examples are commercial sales invoice samples and templates, purchase order invoice samples and templates, payment receipt templates, and purchase receipt templates.
What Does an Invoice Contain?
Part of what makes an invoice important has to do with its contents. Below is a list of the contents of an invoice that will help you further understand its importance in business.
1. A header or title that has the word invoice on it
It serves as an indication that the document is intended for invoicing use.
2. A reference number
This is a unique number that is placed in an invoice to help buyers track the transaction and ensure that the goods or services where ordered from them. You may also see hotel invoice samples.
3. Purchase order number/tracking number
This is provided by the seller to the buyer usually upon the buyer’s request. This helps both buyers and sellers to keep track of the goods being sent from the buyer to the seller. Check out what an invoice PO number is to learn more.
4. Date when invoice was made
This refers to the actual date when the goods or services were prepared and listed on the invoice template. It does not always have to be the same date as the payment date.
5. Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions of the transaction are often found on the entire back portion of the invoice template. This states the specific conditions that cover the whole transaction.
6. Name, address, and contact details of the seller
Usually found at the top center part of the invoice. They are important seller information that should always be included in any invoice or receipt to help determine which seller has issued it. You may also like business invoice templates.
7. Name, address and contact details of the buyer
The details about the buyer should also be required in an invoice so that the seller can record which buyer the products and services were sold to and where the goods should be delivered.
8. Registration details of the seller
Registration details determine if the business is legit and identifies if the appropriate tax amount were added to the sale.
9. Date when goods were delivered or when services were performed
This is only applicable to goods or products that need to be delivered. The delivery date means the date when the seller has sent the products to the buyer and not the date when the buyer will receive it. You may also check out contractor invoice samples.
10. Detailed description of the products or services being sold
This includes the name of the products or services, the quantity purchased for each product, the unit price of the products, and so on.
11. Breakdown of other needed charges
The taxes and any discounts or promotions applied to the purchase are computed in this part of the invoice.
12. The total amount to be paid
The amount that the buyer needs to pay including the taxes, discounts, and promotions applied to it. You might be interested in customisable tax invoice templates.
13. The payment method
This could either be through cash or cash on delivery for delivers orders, check, and credit or debit card payments.
14. Other payment terms
This part states the date when payment is made and any additional fees or interests incurred in case of a late payment or if not paid in full.
11+ Sample Contractor Invoice
10+ Basic Invoice Template
7+ Plumbing Invoice
7+ Vehicle Invoice Templates
6+ Sample Contractor Invoice
6+ Draft Invoice Format
6+ Sample Plumbing Invoice
18+ Commercial Invoice Template
9+ Generic Invoice Sample
7+ Photography Invoice Template
7+ Estimate Invoice Sample
7+ Sample Travel Invoices
6+ Hotel Invoice Samples & Templates
5+ Purchase Invoice Templates
Difference between Invoice and Receipt