With the expansion and growth of many businesses in various locations around the world, exporting and importing goods and products to different countries have become beneficial not only to these businesses but also to the economy and the consumers. Exporters are required to provide a written document such as a commercial sales invoice to customs when exporting products, goods, and/or services.
Commercial Sales Invoice Sample
International Commercial Invoice Template
Commercial Invoice Template For Export
A commercial sales invoice is a document or tool that is used when exporting and importing goods and products. It contains detailed information about the transaction being made between the buyer and the seller. This includes the name of both the exporter and the importer, information about the shipment, tax charges, and other important details.
Businesses who manufacture products and goods from materials and resources that they are rich in export these products and goods to new markets overseas. With this, countries have imposed different trade barriers in order to protect local businesses or domestic industries.
Sample Commercial Invoice Template
Commercial Sales Invoice Template
In this article, you will be able to read more about a commercial sales invoice, the contents that you need to include when creating one, the advantages that you can get from a commercial sales invoice, and some tips that will be useful in helping you create an effective document or tool. We have also provided a number of commercial sales invoice templates and samples that you can download.
Export Commercial Sales Invoice
What Is a Commercial Sales Invoice?
Businesses who export the products and goods that they sell to other countries are required to provide a document that contains all the important details regarding the transaction. This type of document is called a commercial sales invoice. To help you further understand the definition of a commercial sales invoice, we have defined them below. A commercial sales invoice can be defined as follows:
- A commercial sales invoice is one of the documents that is required by customs. This document is used to ensure that the transaction is legitimate and that the sales and shipment of items will undergo legal border processes.
- A commercial sales invoice is used to determine the value of the goods that will be imported. It does not only consider the actual value of the item to be shipped but it also includes all the additional fees that are necessary to be placed for the item in the personal to be delivered to another location.
- A commercial sales invoice is created for the selling and delivery of imported goods. It is a tool that can be very helpful in terms of the assessment of duties and taxes.
- A commercial invoice can serve as a proof of transaction as it specified the identity and other basic information about the buyer and seller involved in the commercial sale.
- A commercial sales invoice clearly indicates all the information that is necessary to be known by all entities involved in the transaction.
Commercial Sales Invoice Template
Blank Commercial Sales Invoice
Commercial Sales Invoice for Shipment
Content of a Commercial Sales Invoice
An effective commercial sales invoice should contain all the necessary information that is needed by the customs. To ensure that you will have a usable and complete commercial sales invoice, here are the important content and elements that you need to have in the commercial sales invoice that you will be creating. A basic commercial sales invoice includes the following information:
- The date that the item/s has/have been purchased. When creating your commercial sales invoice, it is important that you clearly specify the date when the products and goods have been purchased by the importer.
- The date that the item/s will be shipped. Aside from the date of purchase, the date when the product will be shipped to the importer or the entity that will be receiving the goods and products should be indicated in the document that you will be creating. This will allow customs officials to determine when the product was exported from the country of origin.
- The expected date of delivery. The date when the items are expected to be delivered should also be included in the commercial sales invoice.
- The invoice number for the shipment. To be able to easily track the items being exported, it is important that you always include an invoice number or a unique number for each of the commercial sales invoice that you have. This will help you identify and track the shipment from the location of origin to the destination.
- The terms, scope, and conditions of the of sale. Since a commercial sales invoice also serves as an agreement between the buyer and the seller or the exporter and the importer, specifying the terms, as well as the scope and conditions of the transaction being made, is important in order for both parties to clearly understand the details of the transaction such as the payment terms, terms of freight, and other information.
- The quantity of the items present in the sales transaction. Listing the quantity of each of the items or products being shipped is also required in a commercial sales invoice in order for the customs department to determine the value of the products and goods being shipped.
- The actual weight and/or volume of the items that are ready for shipping. Aside from the quantity of the items, the actual weight or volume of the products should also be considered and listed on the commercial sales invoice. Since most shipments are limited to a certain weight and/or volume, you can ensure that your shipment will not exceed the limit for each parcel that you will be exporting.
- The country of origin and the country of destination. In the commercial sales invoice, you should also specify the country where the products and goods are shipped from, including the final destination where the products and goods are expected to arrive.
- The complete and precise description of the items or goods to be shipped. A description of the items being shipped is also necessary for a commercial sales invoice. It is important that you specify the type of items that the package contains, including whether it is fragile or not.
- The exact unit value or the specific amount of the items per piece. Include the individual price for each of the items or products being shipped. The individual cost of each item will allow customs to determine whether the total value of the shipment is accurate based on what was declared.
- The total value of the sale transaction. The total amount of all the products and goods that are being shipped should also be written and specified in the commercial sales invoice being created.
- The insurance agreement of the buyer and the seller with regards the items that will be sold. If the shipped items arrive damaged, and both the buyer and the seller has an insurance agreement, it should also be indicated in the document.
- The list of other applicable charges and shipment details that must be looked into. Other charges such as the delivery charge, shipping charge, tax charges, and other details should be clearly written on the commercial sales invoice.
Commercial Invoice Template in PDF
Commercial Invoice for Factory
Advantages for Using a Commercial Sales Invoice
A commercial sales invoice can provide a lot of benefits not only for the exporter of the items but also to the importer or the recipient of the goods and products. A few of the advantages and benefits that using a commercial sales invoice may result in include the following:
- A commercial sales invoice can help the buyer be aware of all the information that he or she needs to know. If all the details of the transaction will be placed in the commercial sales invoice, then it will be easy for buyers to repeat transaction with the same seller as credibility and trustworthiness have already been established.
- A commercial sales invoice can ensure the buyer that the business is represented well. If a commercial sales invoice is precise and comprehensive, then it can say a lot about the ability of the buyer to provide quality service to customers.
- A commercial sales invoice sample is a document that can serve as a reference for both the client and the seller. Through a commercial sales invoice, both the seller and the buyer can record the transaction. This can be used as a strong evidence if disputes and other misunderstandings occur.
Simple Commercial Sales Invoice
Commercial Invoice for Customs Declaration
How to Effectively Format a Commercial Sales Invoice
Now that we have discussed the contents or the parts of a commercial sales invoice, we will be discussing below the steps on how you can effectively format your document. The layout and the format of your commercial sales invoice should be well-crafted to ensure that you will have a usable document. Here is how you can effectively format a commercial sales invoice:
- Identify the nature of your operations.
- Think of a document layout that will fit on how you will present your items to be sold.
- Refer to samples so you can identify the usual formats that are used in making this document.
- List down all the information that you would like to include in the commercial sales invoice.
- Use a template that can guide you in formatting the document.
- Check the organization and cohesion of the document layout.
- Edit your commercial sales invoice, as necessary.
- Finalize the commercial sales invoice that your business will use.
Customs Commercial Invoice Sample
Tips in Creating a Commercial Sales Invoice
Refer to the tips that we have listed below when creating your commercial sales invoice. Some of the tips that can help you create a commercial sales invoice include the following:
- Incorporate the brand of your business when developing the commercial sales invoice that your company will use.
- Ensure that all information that you will place in the document are reviewed so that no errors may occur.
- Provide clarity and organization with the description and count of all the items to be shipped so you can help your buyers track and check their records accordingly.
- Create a functional commercial sales invoice layout or structure.
- Always organize the flow of the commercial sales invoice content depending on the order of the buyer or the importer.
- Ensure that all the information that you will put in the tool are precise and concise. Review all the information written in the invoice to ensure that it is accurate before sending out the shipment.
Additionally, aside from the samples and templates that we have provided in this article, we also have other types of invoices that are available for download on our website. These samples include a proforma invoice, sales invoice, photography invoice, and so on.
14+ Deed of Assignment Samples in PDF | Word
11+ Teacher Schedule Samples & Templates in PDF | Word
14+ Retail SWOT Analysis Samples &Templates in PDF | Word
12+ Capital Investment Proposal Samples & Templates in PDF | Word
14+ Data Audit Report Samples & Templates | PDF
31+ Contract Termination Letter | Word
22+ Itinerary Planner Template in PDF | Word
14+ Cleaning Company Services Contract Templates in Word | Docs | Pages
19+ Employee Timesheet Samples
29+ Rental Agreement Format in PDF | Word
11+ Wedding Planner Contract Template in PDF | Word
11+ Puppy Sales Contract Template in PDF | Word
11+ Wedding Photography Contract Templates in PDF | Word
9+ Auto Sales Contract Template | PDF
16+ Maintenance Services Contract Templates in PDF | Word | Docs