A contract is a legally binding document that is essential when two parties go into an agreement. A contract between two individuals or groups can vary depending on its purpose. For example, when a company employs an individual, an employment contract is used, which contains the terms and conditions of the employment.
Since a contract is a legally enforceable document, it can have legal implications if a party breaches the terms agreed upon in the contract. This is the basic concept of a contract. If you want to learn more about contracts, this page contains useful information. Also, download the samples available.
Who Is Legally Able to Participate in a Contract?
- Minors – if an individual is under the age of 18 or is considered a minor, he or she is not allowed to enter a contract with another party.
- Mental Incapacity – an individual is not allowed to enter contracts if he/she has a mental disability.
- Under the Influence – if an individual is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, he or she is considered incapable of entering contracts.
What Is the Purpose of a Contract?
The main purpose of a contract is to outline and define the rights, responsibilities, and privileges of both individuals or groups. It is an important document to protect both parties if in any case a misunderstanding may happen. It is also useful in resolving certain issues since the contract contains the terms that have been agreed upon when the contract was signed. If a party breaches the contract, he/she has to pay for damages or it basically has legal consequences. A safety contract can also be downloaded should you need that type specifically.
How to Start a Contract
Writing a contract is important if you need to enter an agreement with another party. The steps below will help you start your contract:
- Understand your purpose of writing the contract.
- Make sure that both parties are capable of entering the contract.
- Ensure that all the relevant information of both parties are included in the contract.
- Clearly write the terms and conditions of the contract that you are writing.
- Specify the services, goods, properties, etc., being exchanged in the contract.
You can also download our sample contract to help you format your document.
Tips for Creating a Contract
It is important to understand these tips to help you create an effective contract. The tips in creating one are as follows:
- Always be clear and concise when creating your contract.
- Avoid using complex words in your contract to ensure that both parties clearly understand its contents.
- When writing numbers, include both the numerals and the words.
- Always remember to proofread your contract after writing it to ensure that all the information written in the contract is accurate.
- Be consistent with the terms that you use in your contract.
Additionally, you can refer to our downloadable contract example to help you when writing one.
19+ Sales Contract Samples
14+ Simple Sales Contract Samples & Templates
9+ Sales Agreement Contract Samples & Templates
10+ Sample Sales Agreement Contracts
8+ Termination Contract Template – Examples in Word, PDF
24+ Business Plan Templates
7+ Sample Contractor Proposal Templates Download For Free
10+ Sample Lease Purchase Agreements
5+ Proposal Contract Samples & Templates
7+ Proposal Contract Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Contract Proposal Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
12 + Investment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Employment Agreement Contract Samples
9+ Coaching Contract Sample Templates – Pages, Word, Docs
21+ Event Contract Templates to Download