A legal contract is a contract between two individuals that is enforceable by the law. Whoever violates or breach a legal contract will face consequences and pay for appropriate fines. This type of contract should be written carefully because any discrepancies may cause a lot of trouble.
There are a lot of things that need a contract. Knowing about the essential elements of a contract is important in making an effective contract. In this post are the things that you need to know to be able to write a contract between two individuals.
How to Write a Contract between Two Individuals
- Think of the type of contract you will be writing or for what transaction will you be using your contract.
- You can download and use an online contract template or a sample contract, or create your own. You can use a sample as reference to the contract you will be making.
- List down the things you need to include and you want to include in your contract.
- Explain each of the terms and conditions in separate paragraphs.
- Make sure to write concisely about the important clauses.
- Spell-check and proofread your work.
How to Fill Out a Business Contract between Two People
- Read the contract carefully before considering to write anything, just like what you would do with a proposal contract. Make sure that you understand everything that is written in it.
- Follow instructions that are provided on how to fill out the blanks or boxes.
- Write clearly and visibly so that whoever reads it will not have a hard time doing so.
- Avoid erasures and any form of alterations. If you must, follow instructions on what to do for erasures or alterations.
What Is Involved in a Contract?
- The name of both parties who are involved in the contract
- The signatures of both parties
- A detailed description of what the contract is about
- The start and end date of the said contract
- How the contract would be renewed
- Clauses in the contract, like termination or default clause
- If the contract is about a purchase or a lease, include the payment method and frequency
- Any additional fees, penalties, or the need for a security deposit
- The duties and responsibilities that both parties are expected to do
- The rights and limitations of both parties in the contract
The Obligations to Be Considered While Writing a Contract for Two Individuals & Tips
- A contract should bind both parties in it so that they will be obliged to follow the terms and conditions that are stated.
- A contract should be written in a way that is favorable to both parties.
- The consequences and penalties for any form of contract violation or breach should be appropriate and reasonable.
- A contract should be written clearly and concisely to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding.
- To make sure that your contract is complete, try to compare it with a contract template.
FREE 10+ Bakery Invoice Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF | PSD | AI | ID
FREE 18+ Sample Business Contract Templates MS Word | Google Docs | PDF | Pages
FREE 14+ Renovation Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Producer Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 22+ Sample Business Contract Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages
FREE 10+ Validation Report Samples in PDF
FREE 17+ Real Estate Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Compensation & Benefit Form Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 15+ Real Estate Purchase Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Landscaping Services Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Best Executive Summary Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 22+ Employee Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 35+ Contract Templates in MS Word
FREE 9+ Commercial Roofing Contract Samples in PDF | MS Word
9+ Freelance Contract Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF | Apple Pages