A legal contract is a contract between two individuals that is enforceable by the law. Whoever violates or breach a legal contract will face consequences and pay for appropriate fines. This type of contract should be written carefully because any discrepancies may cause a lot of trouble.
There are a lot of things that need a contract. Knowing about the essential elements of a contract is important in making an effective contract. In this post are the things that you need to know to be able to write a contract between two individuals.
How to Write a Contract between Two Individuals
- Think of the type of contract you will be writing or for what transaction will you be using your contract.
- You can download and use an online contract template or a sample contract, or create your own. You can use a sample as reference to the contract you will be making.
- List down the things you need to include and you want to include in your contract.
- Explain each of the terms and conditions in separate paragraphs.
- Make sure to write concisely about the important clauses.
- Spell-check and proofread your work.
How to Fill Out a Business Contract between Two People
- Read the contract carefully before considering to write anything, just like what you would do with a proposal contract. Make sure that you understand everything that is written in it.
- Follow instructions that are provided on how to fill out the blanks or boxes.
- Write clearly and visibly so that whoever reads it will not have a hard time doing so.
- Avoid erasures and any form of alterations. If you must, follow instructions on what to do for erasures or alterations.
What Is Involved in a Contract?
- The name of both parties who are involved in the contract
- The signatures of both parties
- A detailed description of what the contract is about
- The start and end date of the said contract
- How the contract would be renewed
- Clauses in the contract, like termination or default clause
- If the contract is about a purchase or a lease, include the payment method and frequency
- Any additional fees, penalties, or the need for a security deposit
- The duties and responsibilities that both parties are expected to do
- The rights and limitations of both parties in the contract
The Obligations to Be Considered While Writing a Contract for Two Individuals & Tips
- A contract should bind both parties in it so that they will be obliged to follow the terms and conditions that are stated.
- A contract should be written in a way that is favorable to both parties.
- The consequences and penalties for any form of contract violation or breach should be appropriate and reasonable.
- A contract should be written clearly and concisely to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding.
- To make sure that your contract is complete, try to compare it with a contract template.
23+ Sample Employment Contract Templates – Docs, Word
18+ Sample Employment Contracts
17+ Employment Contract Samples, Examples, Templates
17+ Sample Employment Contracts – PDF, Word
20+ Employment Contract Samples
20+ Types of Employment Contracts
26+ Employment Contract Samples & Templates
14+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example & Format
13+ Consulting Contract Templates
12+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download
19+ Consignment Contract Templates to Download
13+ Consignment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
18+ Advertising Contract Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Advertising Contract Templates to Download
17+ Maintenance Contract Templates – Pages, Word, Docs