Whether you’re a college student looking to find a suitable place to share living spaces with roommates or a working professional who’s just starting out on finding a place to live independently, you can’t go wrong with renting a house as a starting option. Becoming a tenant largely means that you’ll be paying monthly dues to a landlord or landlady who owns the house you’ll be renting. An agreement between both parties comes down to signing a contract, and this is important. To know more details on this matter, take a look at these Sample Contracts below plus tips on how to be a good tenant.
Example of House Rental Contract
House Rental Agreement Sample
The purpose of a House Rental Contract is to ensure that a tenant agrees to the terms and conditions presented by the proprietor of a leased residence. Now that you are aware of this particular element, here are some other key points that you must consider:
- Always read the fine print. With regards to the contract, it’s important for you to go through the whole document with a fine-toothed comb. You want to make sure that there are no suspicious clauses indicated there that might get you in trouble down the line.
- Talk to the lessor. Before making a commitment to renting the house, it’s important that you get a chance to have an in-depth conversation with the landlord or landlady regarding the condition of the residence as well as the details specified in the contract.
- Negotiate the fees. Even when the proprietor has mentioned a rate in the listing, it never hurts for you to negotiate the rental fees so you could hopefully pay a lower amount. However, don’t push your luck if the lessor will not acquiesce to any negotiations.
- Inspect the house. The primary factor in your decision to get the lease is to see whether the house meets your standards. Ask the proprietor for a thorough tour of the residence so you can see with your own eyes whether the place is deemed acceptable.
House Rent to Own Contract Form
House Rent Lease Contract Form
Blank Home Rental Agreement Form
Standard House Rental Agreement
The Rent Contract Samples that are featured here will give you an idea of how proprietors in general will outline the terms and conditions for a particular property lease. Such documents are important to help you understand the relationship between proprietors and tenants. With these examples as a guiding reference, you should also take note of the additional tips for tenants listed below:
- Follow the house rules. Remember that you’re not technically the actual owner of the house, and so you must be highly observant of the house rules set in place by your landlord or landlady. Breaking those rules may result in a breach of contract, which you signed.
- Always pay on time. Make a good impression toward your lessor by paying your rent and other related bills on time to avoid any problems. It would be even better if you’re able to pay your monthly dues earlier than expected so you’ll worry less about it.
- Ask permission. Show courtesy to your landlady or landlord if you intend to make changes in the house by asking for permission for things such as repainting the walls. Don’t assume that they will be okay with such things, so make it a point to be prudent in this regard.
10+ Printable Development Contract Samples & Templates
23+ Sample Employment Contract Templates – Docs, Word
17+ Employment Contract Samples, Examples, Templates
17+ Sample Employment Contracts – PDF, Word
20+ Employment Contract Samples
20+ Types of Employment Contracts
26+ Employment Contract Samples & Templates
14+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example & Format
13+ Consulting Contract Templates
12+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download
19+ Consignment Contract Templates to Download
13+ Consignment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
18+ Advertising Contract Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Advertising Contract Templates to Download
17+ Maintenance Contract Templates – Pages, Word, Docs