A safety contract is a written contract agreement between employees and their employers in which the employer will be held liable for certain sickness or physical injuries that the employee might sustain during their continuous employment there. It can be said that a safety contract is a legal requirement for any type of agreement between an employer and an employee.
An employment contract is necessary for hiring employees and are usually filled with some forms of safety agreements, due to the fact that most documents that involve employment nowadays require the company to, at the very least, offer some form of insurance or medical benefits for the employee.
Lab Safety Contract Template
Employee Safety Contract
Work Site Safety Contract
How to Write a Safety Contract
When writing a safety contract, there are certain rules to follow. These rules are as follows:
- Keep the document formal and straightforward.
- When identifying general definitions of injuries, always identify specific methods of injuries a person may encounter in the area they are in.
- Identify both parties involved in the safety contract.
- Indicate whether the contract is still valid even when removed from employment or contract termination.
A safety contract can be considered as a form of service contract, in the sense that the purpose of the contract is to allow the injured party member access to certain services such as medical coverage and medicine. A vehicle service contract is basically a safety contract for vehicles and their drivers, in which the vehicle will be checked and maintained for use as much as possible.
Types of Safety Contract
- Lab Safety Contracts – Labs or laboratories are places where safety is always a primary concern. In most cases, anyone who enters a lab is required to sign a safety contract first.
- Employee Safety Contracts – Although more commonly to be found written within the employee’s employment contract, an employee safety contract is used as a set of rules or guidelines an employee must follow in order to remain safe and unharmed.
- Work Site Safety Contract – This set of rules is a necessity in construction companies. Even companies with low reports of injuries require their workers to sign and follow the rules listed within the contract to avoid injuries.
- General Science Safety Contract
- Student Safety Contracs
Laboratory Safety Contract
General Science Safety Contract
Advantages of Having a Safety Contract
A safety contract is a type of contract agreement in which the safety of the signatory is being ensured by the employer. The advantages of having such a contract are:
- It keeps employees from accidentally injuring themselves
- It can be used to get out of certain legal issues
- It can increase their performance by making them more wary of injuries. (Performance agreement contracts are commonly included in safety contracts between employer and employees.)
We have been discussing the different types of contracts shown here, but there are other types of contracts aside from safety contracts. One example could be a construction contract, in which the contract is used to legally bind construction companies to be capable of performing their purpose efficiently and effectively.
FREE 10+ Agreement Contract Samples in PDF
Free 29+ WordPress Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | WordPress
FREE 30+ Client Form Samples in PDF
FREE 30+ Sample Real Estate Checklist in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 20+ Membership Checklist Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 29+ Accident Report Form Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Dispute Letter Samples in PDF
FREE 30+ Paystub Samples in Google docs | MS Excel | MS Word | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 50+ Book Cover Samples in Illustrator | InDesign | MS Word | Apple Pages | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 29+ Rental Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 50+ Graphic Organizer Samples in Google Docs, Google Slides, Illustrator, PowerPoint, MS Word, PDF
FREE 10+ Time Blocking Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 50+ Cornell Notes Samples in Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
FREE 50+ Summary Worksheet Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 40+ Bill Samples in PDF