When two parties enter an agreement, a contract is an essential document. The concept of a contract basically means that if two individuals or groups go into an agreement, they can be legally liable if they break the terms and clauses indicated in the contract that has been agreed upon and signed.
An employment contract is necessary when an employer hires a new employee to a business or company. It contains the rights and responsibilities of both the employer and the employee. If you need samples to help you create and outline your contract, we have downloadable samples available on this page.
9 Contract Clauses You Should Never Freelance Without
Freelancers and independent contractors are individuals that are self-employed, which means that they work with several clients for a particular project. Freelancers should include these clauses when creating a contract for their clients.
- Pricing and Rates – clearly indicate the prices and the rates for the services being offered.
- Revisions – indicate the limit for the number of revisions for a specific project.
- Scope – clearly indicate the scope of the work that you will be doing in a project to ensure that you get paid for the extra work that you will be doing.
- Copyright – specify the copyright of the work that you will be doing for the client.
- Deadline – set a deadline for the projects that you will be doing with your client.
- Kill Fee – if a client cancels on a project, a freelancer should include a kill fee.
- Independent Contractor – specify that you are an independent contractor, which means you can work for several clients.
- Indemnity – a contract should state an indemnity, which means that you are protected from any loss should there be failure on the client’s side.
- Point of Contact – as a freelancer, you should have a point of contact, especially if you are working for a big company.
Uses of Contract Clauses
- Contract clauses allow both parties understand their obligations.
- The purpose of each clause is to address specific parts of the agreement between a freelancer and a client.
- A breach of the clauses indicated in the contract means that a party is legally liable for breaking it.
- Clauses outline the rights and responsibilities of both parties involved in the contract.
- It protects both the freelancer and the client.
You can refer to a sample contract to help you understand the format and the sample clauses of a freelance contract.
Tips to Write the Best Freelance Contract
When writing a freelance contract, it is important to follow these tips to ensure that you create an effective freelance contract or any other contract such as a payment contract or supply contract. Here are the tips in writing one:
- In your contract, outline the scope of work that you will be offering to your client.
- Clearly indicate the payment terms such as the due date, payment amount, and the payment methods.
- Proofread your contract to ensure there are no errors.
- Always keep your contract simple but ensure that everything is written specifically.
FREE 10+ Bakery Invoice Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF | PSD | AI | ID
FREE 18+ Sample Business Contract Templates MS Word | Google Docs | PDF | Pages
FREE 14+ Renovation Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Producer Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 22+ Sample Business Contract Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages
FREE 10+ Validation Report Samples in PDF
FREE 17+ Real Estate Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Compensation & Benefit Form Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 15+ Real Estate Purchase Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Landscaping Services Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Best Executive Summary Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 22+ Employee Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 35+ Contract Templates in MS Word
FREE 9+ Commercial Roofing Contract Samples in PDF | MS Word
9+ Freelance Contract Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF | Apple Pages