What is an editorial calendar? An editor calendar is used to control the publication of content from various media sources, such as newspapers, blogs, magazines, social media, and email. Since it is used to control publication or plan the publication of something, it is mostly used by publishers, bloggers, and businesses. Businesses also extract content from their editorial calendar to make the information publicly available.
To help you organized and be on track of your blogging, publishing, and other social media needs, you can use these templates. It comes with an annual calendar and are available for download online. Download now!
Content Editorial Calendar Template
Blog Editorial Calendar
Social Media Editorial Calendar
Steps on How to Create Your Own Editorial Calendar
Want to make an editorial calendar but don’t know where to start? Here are a few steps on how you can make that editorial calendar. You may also check our social media calendar template.
- Determine the 5 Ws of your editorial calendar. That would be who will create it, what contents are needed, when and where will it be published, and why do you need to publish it?
- Think about your purpose and your reasons for making the editorial calendar.
- Focus on what needs to be prioritized, put them in order, and if possible, try to eliminate priorities that you think are at the bottom.
- Make sure that your sample calendar is structured in a strategic manner. It should be carefully thought of.
- Brainstorm your ideas. Take advantage of what is available for you or what works for you.
- Incorporate different themes or topics that you can think of and put it in your editorial calendar.
- To create wonderful ideas, you should think out of the box. New and fresh ideas always do wonderful things to any work it is applied to.
- Once you have made that draft and you are satisfied with it, you can start to neatly put it in your editorial calendar template.
Blank Editorial Calendar
Editorial Annual Calendar
Monthly Editorial Calendar
Editorial Calendar Sample
Advantages and Uses of Editorial Calendar
- By using an editorial calendar, your activities will be done in a timely manner. Your activities will be planned ahead so there will be no need for you to worry and what to do next.
- It encourages teamwork. To create an editorial calendar, you need output from the members of your team to add new ideas to your plan and future publication.
- Planning ahead will make your actions organized and look professional. Something that looks professional always looks good and you can have some assurance that it will work out just fine.
- By utilizing an editorial calendar, you can create or plan on a theme that you can apply for your next publication, or use on your actual calendar. You can also check our wall calendar templates.
- You can also track your activity or the events that you have done through your current and previous editorial calendar.
- Lastly, it stimulates your brain. The more you think, that more stimulated your brain gets so you will have a lot of learning.
7+ Homework Calendar Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
5+ Appointment Calendar Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Office Calendar Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples, and Formats
6+ Teacher Calendar Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples, and Formats
9+ Hourly Calendar Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples, and Formats
8+ Perpetual Calendar Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples, and Formats
6+ Meal Calendar Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Quarterly Calendar Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples, Formats
10+ Activity Calendar Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ School Calendar Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
8+ Countdown Calendar Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10 Daily Calendar Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Attendance Calendar Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
How to Create Your Own Calendar
Steps for Creating a Grant Calendar