Statements can either be written statements or verbal statements that are used to say something about something that is based on facts. Statements can also be formal or official accounts about one’s observations, views and opinion. There are many uses of both written and verbal statements and they function almost the same way.
There are statements are that are intended for use in business, for public advisories and announcements, news reports, legal proceedings, etc. Because of this statement templates of different uses and for different purposes have been created, used and made available for a lot of people. This article is all about scope statement templates, what it is, its uses, its importance and many more. Scope statement templates can also be downloaded for free in this article. Feel free to check them out below.
Scope Statement Template
Project Scope Statement Template
Preliminary Engineering Scope Statement
What Is a Scope Statement?
A scope statement is a written statement that is common in different projects which provides specific and in depth details about what the specific project covers. Every broad term in a project is explained and narrowed down in a sample statement. Before actual work is done in a project and before it gets implemented, a scope statement is first written, disseminated to all those who are involved and agreed upon by all.
It is also considered as an essential part of a project as well as the most important scope document in a particular project. To further understand what a scope statement is, we have enumerated its many different uses below. you may also see Narrative Statement Samples & Templates.
- A scope statement is used by managers to confirm the results of the project, any challenges and hindrances and assumptions that might take place.
- As mention above, a scope statement needs to be agreed upon by everyone involved in it, which not only includes the team working on the project but it also includes the clients and other stakeholders analysis in the said project. This means that a scope statement is also used an contract agreement that is enforceable.
- A scope statement provides specific details of the project’s major objectives, goals and other project deliverable to make it clear for anyone who is involved to understand what the project is aimed at. you may also see Compliance Statement Samples.
- Everything that needs to be covered and discuss about a certain project is made known in a scope statement.
You can find and download other statement related articles on our website, like Landlord Statement Templates, Compliance Statement Samples & Templates, and Narrative Statement Samples & Templates.
Simple Project Scope Template
High Level Requirements Scope Statement
Unified School Project Scope Statement
What Should Be Included in a Scope Statement?
A scope statement needs to be specific and detailed to ensure that common mistakes can be avoided and so that it can be understood by all who are involved in it. The following is a list of things that should be included in a scope statement.
- The heading or title of the document that makes it easy to identify from all the other documents it is put on.
- The scope of the product or goods that are mentioned in the scope statement. This is where you can find a description of the characteristics of the products or services that are to be produced by the project.
- The deliverable produced by throughout the project.
- The product acceptance criteria which shows the percentage or level of criteria or set of conditions that the customer will most likely to accept the proposed project.
- The expected outcome or result of the particular project is included in the scope statement as well as any additional constraints, risks and assumptions.
- A high level summary that details the needs of the business statement that is intended to be addressed by the proposed project.
- The specific goals and objectives of the particular project.
- A clear definition and list of what should be included in the project as well as those that should not be included in the project.
- The type of technology used to get the project done and implemented, but this may not be included in some scope statement templates.
- Important dates in relation to the project, like the presentation or proposal date, the date when the actual project will be started, preparation date, trial date, completion date or deadline, etc. you may also see Employer Statement Samples.
- The names of all of the people involved in the particular project, the team leader and their team members, the clients and other stakeholders analysis of the project.
- The signature of all parties who gave approval or who has agreed to the scope statement, including the date they had the document signed. you may also see Rental Billing Statement Templates.
- The set of restrictions in relation to the project being worked on.
- The duties and responsibilities of the team and its members who are working on the project.
The list above are important parts or components of a scope statement because it ensures that the statement created is complete, effective and reliable. Other statement templates you may be interested in are Notary Statement Samples & Templates, Employer Statement Samples & Templates, and Rental Billing Statement Templates.
Ministry of Works Project Scope Statement
Student Project Scope Statement Template
Editable Scope Statement Template
Department of Natural Resources Statement of Scope
How to Use a Scope Statement Template?
Many scope statement templates have now been made available online to a lot of people. What is more amazing is that they offered fore free download which makes it even easier for anyone to be able to get a scope statement template that they can use for whatever purpose of statement it may serve them. This is all thanks to those people who have answered the demand for such an important at useful tool for almost any known industry. And since we are lucky to be able to easily get these templates, it would be a shame if we can’t figure out how to use it. To help you, we have here easy to follow steps to guide you on using scope statement templates.
1. First, determine what your project is all about. Different projects require different scope statements as they will be used on different things. The clients and the team who will be working statement in it may also have different preferences from another team of workers. It is important to determine the type of project so that you will be able to find the exact template or the appropriate template for the job.
2. Next, search online for the template that you need which includes the details that you want as well as the wording and statements that you want your scope statement to have. You can download a couple of prospective statement first and read them one by one, or you can check them out before you download them.
3. Once you have selected and downloaded the best scope statement template for your project, what you need to do next is to open the downloaded file. Don’t worry if you have not found the exact template that you need because you can always change some parts of the template to your preferences.
4. After opening the file, you can now start to work on it. If you want to change something or do a couple of edits you can do so by highlighting the part or parts of the scope statement template that you want to change or remove. Press the backspace button on your keyboard to delete it. Then you can type the new entry or leave it blank. To add something, like a paragraph or statement example, just hit the enter button on your keyboard so that you can start a new paragraph, a new bullet or a new subtopic.
5. Do this for all the changes that you want to make on the scope statement template that you have downloaded.
6. If the scope statement template that you have is already good enough for you and you do not wish to make any changes or revisions to it, then you can proceed to filling in the required information necessary to complete the entire template. you may also see Statement of Purpose Samples.
7. When you are done, review your statement of work. Read the contents of the scope statement. Take not of any lapses in grammar and spelling. Also see to it that he entire thought of the scope statement has not been entirely changed and that they are still coherent, unless you really want the thought to be changed. This should be done regardless if you have made changes to the template or not.
8. Save the changes that you have made on the document and change the file name as you see fit. This allows you to access the file without losing the changes that you have made.
9. Print copies of the scope statement according to the number of people involved in the said project who needs to know about it and whose approval is needed to get the project actually started. You may also have it sent via email if is the preferred way of using it. you may also see Declaration Statement Samples and Templates.
Scope Management Plan Templates
Research Scope Statement Template
Printable Project Scope Statement Template
That does’t seem to sound so difficult, does it? Well, there will really be some struggles on your first time, but with practice and perseverance you will soon learn to make it on your own. You may even be able to create one from scratch without any guides or manuals. Check out other related topics on our website, like Travel Expense Statement Samples and Templates, Declaration Statement Samples and Templates, and Written Statement Samples & Templates.
8+ Cash Flow Statement Samples
8+ Sample Profit Loss Statements
8+ Sample Residency Personal Statement Samples
7+ Sample Closing Statements
6+ Sample Victim Statements
4+ Free Sample Statements
3 Financial Statements for Your Small Business
27+ Statement Formats
14+ Notary Statement Samples
13+ Narrative Statement Samples
9+ Sample Expense Statement Templates
8+ Billing Statement Samples
9+ Mortgage Statement Samples
Types of Financial Statement
The Importance of Having a Mission Statement