Maintaining an optimal health condition will always be one of our priorities as humans. It enables us to accomplish various tasks, in school or in the workplace. However, we don’t always wake up every morning feeling healthy. In such cases, we might end up in a hospital instead of doing our daily routine. And when we go back to work or the university days after, we need to explain our absence and present proof of our health condition. A doctor’s excuse note will be the perfect document for that. For this reason, most doctors prepare a fillable doctor’s note template for when a patient needs it.
33+ Doctor Note Samples and Templates
Take a look at these pre-formatted doctor’s note templates and download the one that will best suit your need. The variety of these templates range from doctor’s note for work to urgent care doctor note. With these at your disposal, issuing a note for your patient will be quick and hassle-free.
1. Sample Doctor Note Template
2. Blank Doctor Note Template
3. Doctor Excuse Note Template
4. Doctors Note For Work Template
5. Children’s Clinic Doctors Note Template
6. Return To Work Doctors Note
7. Free Doctors Note For Work Template
8. Sample Clinic Doctors Note
9. Sample Free Return To Work Doctors Note
In this article are 25 doctor’s notes samples in word that you can use as reference if you are a doctor who needs to write a doctor’s notes. These samples will truly be of use to you.
10. Sample Doctor Note in Word
11. Children Clinic Doctor’s Note
12. Clinic Doctor Note
13. Doctors Disability Note
14. Doctors Note Format
15. Printable Doctors Note
16. Doctor Note Medical Excuse
17. Doctor’s Note for Air Travel During Pregnancy
18. Requesting Doctor Note
19. Doctor Note for Disability
20. Doctors’ Note for Legal Work
21. Dentist Doctors’ Note
22. Doctor Sick Note
23. Doctor Excuse Note
24. Doctor Progress Note
25. Doctor Referral Note
26. Doctor Absence Note
27. Doctor SOAP Note
28. Doctor Note for Work
29. Doctor Thank-You Note
30. Diagnosis Doctor’s Note
31. Doctor’s Note for Student
32. Doctor Medical Note
33. Doctor Certificate Note
34. Doctor’s Visit Note
What Is a Doctor’s Note?
Also referred to as a sick note or medical certificate, a doctor’s note is used to show proof of the health condition of an individual after a checkup or health evaluation. The doctor writes their findings on a certificate or a note based on the assessment conducted. In most cases, the doctors or institutions provide this type of document upon the patient’s request. Some also issue a doctor’s note for a particular fee.
What Do You Write in a Doctor’s Note?
When creating a doctor’s note, make sure that it contains all the necessary information for it to be legitimate. Check if the document has the following:
- Information about the Medical Facility – The document should specify the name of the hospital or clinic, address, and contact number of the doctor or the institution. Also included is the date of the appointment.
- Patient Information – This section includes the name of the patient, date of birth, age, gender, height, and weight.
- Health Complaints – Specify the reason why the patient went to the medical facility.
- Findings – After the checkup, the doctor may specify his or her diagnosis or findings. It will serve as a certification that the patient has a health condition.
- Recommended Treatment Plan – The doctor shall state his or her recommendations or treatment plan. This may include the number of days the patient should take a rest or get off work and the activities the patient can and cannot do.
- Doctor’s Signature – Lastly, the document should have the full name of the doctor, their signature, and license number.
Importance of Doctor’s Notes
According to the United States’ Bureau of Labor Statistics, 4.2 million workers in January 2018 have been absent from work due to illnesses, injuries, and medical appointments. And most of these workers need to submit medical certificates or real doctor’s notes for work to their employers as they get back to work. However, that is only one of the many purposes of a doctor’s note. Below, we have listed down some of the reasons why this specific document is important.
- It serves as a piece of evidence of an individual’s health condition, whether they are healthy or not. With this document, employees or students can reason out that there are specific activities the doctors restrict them to do due to their illness.
- It enables hospitals and other medical institutions to keep a record of the patients who sought medical attention during a specific time. These records can also be beneficial for future references; the information will provide the medical background and history of the patient when the need arises.
- It helps an individual prove their claim that they have an illness or disease to the health insurance companies.
- It excuses students from their class absences.
- It verifies that an individual is fit and physically able to travel.
Health Professionals Who Can Provide a Doctor’s Note
Aside from doctors, other health professionals can also issue a doctor’s note. This includes:
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants (PAs)
- Chiropractors (but they must take an X-ray)
- Clinical psychologists
Is it illegal to fake a doctor’s note?
If you are feeling unwell and you think you can’t make it to work, making use of a fake doctor’s note generator will never be the right choice. Bear in mind that faking a doctor’s note and forging someone else’s signature is illegal. And when you get caught doing so, you may land in jail or pay fines.
Can I get a doctor’s note without seeing the doctor?
A sample doctor’s note or statement of fitness for work needs to have the signature of the doctor. However, it is not always necessary to see medical practitioners for them to issue the document for you.
Do employers call to verify doctor’s notes?
The employers have the right to ask an employee for a simple doctor’s note, medical certificate, or any document that would certify his or her health condition. However, they could not call the doctors to verify the information provided in the document, as it may violate the privacy of the employee.
No matter how old or young we are, having a healthy body and a peaceful life is a must. While it is ideal for us to achieve wellness, there are times when we could not just dodge sickness. In the event that we have to go to a medical facility for an appointment, it is important to ask for a doctor’s note, for you may never know when you will need it. As for doctors, if you are having a hard time creating a doctor’s note for your patients, why don’t you download one of the professionally designed note templates we have compiled in this article?
Sample Cornell Note Taking Template - 8+ Free Documents In PDF ...
Return to Work Note Sample - 6+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Medical Certificate - 27+ Download Documents in PDF , Word
Sample Progress Note - 7+ Documents in PDF, WORD
Field Note Sample - 7+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Daily Note Template - 9+ Free Documents in PDF, Word
Death Note Sample - 6+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Soap Note - 8+ Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Medical Sign in Sheet - 6+ Documents in PDF, Word
15+ SOAP Note Examples - Free Sample, Example, Format
Sample Subjective Objective Assessment Planning Note - 7+ ...
Keynote Template - 6 Premium Download
Sample Printable Calendar - 10+ Examples in Word, Excel, PDF
Sample Recommendation Letters For Employment - 12+ Documents ...
Sample Urgent Fax Cover Sheet - 6+ Documents in PDF