No matter how healthy or how will we take care of ourselves, there will always be that time of year where we can’t avoid getting sick. So we call in and notify our employer and go to the doctor to get checked and also get a doctor’s note. A doctor’s note is used as a document that serves as proof of an individual’s health condition if they are fit to work or not. It also serves as proof that an employee is telling the truth about being sick.
In this article are 26 doctor notes in PDF that are available for online download and will surely help you with your need for a doctor’s note. Go ahead and download them now!
Blank Doctor Note in PDF
Doctor Appointment Notes
Doctor Appointment Note for School
Doctor Appointment Note to Teacher
What Is a Doctor’s Note?
A doctor’s note is also called a sick note, or more popularly known as a medical certificate, is a written document that provides the result of the medical examination done by qualified medical practitioners. The result of the doctor’s note will be indicated in it and will then serve as proof of the health condition of the said patient. A doctor’s note is commonly used when one becomes sick for more than two to three days. The note will serve as proof of an employee’s claim that they were not feeling well, and for filing of sick leave.
Can an Employer Require a Doctor’s Note?
An employer can ask for a sick note in the event that their employee misses work because they are sick. Some employees may require a doctor’s note if their absence is for more than two days. This requirement may not be necessary all the time. There are employers who do not require their employees to provide a doctor’s note as most of them don’t see a doctor if they are sick. This requirement should also be based or be in line with the law. If no violation is done, then it is okay to require one.
Dentist Doctor’s Note
Free Doctor Note
Children’s Clinic Doctor Note
Clinic Doctor Note
Doctor’s Fitness Note
Doctor Note Example
Sample Doctor Note
Doctor’s Note Format
Printable Doctor’s Note
Medical Excuse Note
Doctor’s Note for Air Travel During Pregnancy
What Are the Basic Elements of a Doctor’s Note?
The following are the basic elements that one should look for in a doctor’s note.
- The name, age, gender, address, and vital signs of the patient
- The date of the patient’s trip to the doctor
- Their chief complaint for visiting the doctor
- The finding of the doctor
- Th final diagnosis of the patient’s condition
- The care or the treatment needed by the patient
- The medications that are prescribed
- If they need rest, the number of days that the patient needs to get well
- The name, license number, and signature of the doctor
Dos and Don’ts in Writing a Doctor’s Note
If you are a doctor or a medical professional who can issue a doctor’s note, then these are the things that you need to check when writing a doctor’s note. Non-medical professionals may also use these useful information about doctor’s notes.
- Do write a doctor’s note in the recommended doctor’s note sheets that are being utilized by the company or health institution that you are a part of.
- Do write clearly and visibly.
- Do include all of the elements that make up a valid doctor’s note. Any missing piece of information is unacceptable and the note may be treated as fraud.
- Don’t make any form of error or alterations. The note you have written may be thought to be unreliable and useless. Do use a new sheet if ever you make this mistake.
- Don’t forget to write your name as the doctor, including your signature and license number on the doctor’s note. If these information are missing, then the doctor’s note may seem like a fake.
- Do put the diagnosis of the patient’s condition on the doctor’s note.
- Don’t forget to mention when the patient can get back to work, just like that in a fit note.
- Don’t be rude and put any bad comments on your doctor’s note. Only include things that are related.
Doctor Note Download
Doctor’s Visit Note
Editable Doctor Note
Diagnosis Doctor’s Note
Doctor’s Note for Student
Doctor Certificate Note
How to Determine If a Doctor’s Note Is Valid
Because it has been very easy for a lot of people to have a fake doctor’s note or clinic note created, employers and insurance companies need to thoroughly check each note that is handed to them to make sure they are valid. Here are some things that you should consider the validity of a doctor’s note.
- It should not have any erasures or alterations of any form.
- Although doctors are known to have really nasty handwriting, an authentic doctor’s note should still be legible.
- A doctor’s not should not include any medical jargon or abbreviations because whoever reads it aside from medical practitioners will never understand it.
- Only the justifiable observations and facts made by the doctor should be written in the note.
- Details of the patient should be included, like name, age, gender, vital signs, and the patient’s chief complaint.
- The details of the appointment should be indicated, like the date and time of the appointment and a statement about when the patient can go back to work.
- The diagnosis of the patient’s sickness or health condition.
- The name, signature, and license number of the doctor.
Doctor SOAP Note
Doctor Thank You Note
Doctor Sick Note
Doctor Excuse Note
Doctor’s Progress Note
Uses of a Doctor’s Notes
- A doctor’s note is used by most people to get their health benefits from their insurance companies or from government programs that provide support to people with certain illnesses and disabilities.
- Doctor’s notes serve as absence notes when an employee calls saying that they can’t come to work because they are sick. If an employee is absent for more than two days, they may be required to present one.
- It serves as a proof that the sick employee is really sick and is not just making excuses.
- Provides information about the current health condition of an individual, which is usually a requirement for preemployment.
- Students may need to provide a doctor’s note if they have been absent on a test day because they are sick. It can be their ticket to getting a special test, but it still depends on the teacher.
- People with certain disabilities or those with medical conditions may carry with them a doctor’s note as proof that they have that said condition, and in case they get into a medical emergency.
7+ Thank You Note After Interview Samples
8 Delivery Note Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
25 Doctor Notes in Word
8+ Patient Note Samples – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Medical Note Samples – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Interview Thank-You Note Samples – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Sample Doctor Notes
7+ Sample Thank-You Notes for Money
6+ Return to Work Note Samples
8+ Mortgage Note Samples
8+ Sample Thank You Notes to Employee
6+ Scholarship Thank-You Note Samples
7+ Sample Thank-You Note to Parents
8+ Consignment Note Samples
7+ Field Note Samples