Narrative report is different from narrative essays. When we say narrative report, its main feature focuses on a depiction of a certain event that is done in a chronological order. When we say annual narrative report, it is usually done yearly or every 12 calendar months. Narrative reports can be considered as a type of writing that can be associated with any chronological piece of writing. It has to be all about facts! Narrative writing is used to resolve disputes, filing a complaint, as an evidence used in case settlements, or any other related legal spheres. Having a skill of narrative report writing would be very useful especially for students who belong in legal disciplines. Aside from legal purposes, it can also be used among businesses. It can play a very essential role in creating business plans to devoid complexities.
10+ Annual Narrative Report Samples
Before you are going to begin writing a report, you must first think about how long it would be. There are rules that you must follow with regards to the length of your report. The first rule is to make your narrative report informative and concise. The second rule is to follow the requirements of your instructor or to whoever gave you the task. You should be able to cover the topic and create a story that is specifically intended for your target audience.
1. Annual Narrative Report
2. Annual Research Narrative Report
3. Semi-Annual Narrative Report
4. Independent Program Annual Narrative Report
5. Workforce Annual Narrative Report
6. Committee Annual Narrative Report
7. Safety and Health Annual Narrative Report
8. Grant Program Annual Narrative Report
9. Annual Narrative Statistical Report
10. Annual Narrative Progress Report
11. Annual Narrative Performance Report
Tips in Writing a Narrative Report
- Choose a good topic – this will usually determine how good you are in writing. Make sure that you find some time reading many narrative essays as an inspiration. Take note that narrative report and narrative essay are different from each other. Reading will eventually give you more ideas on how you are going to organize your work. You may also consider looking at previous reports.
- Create a story that will illustrate the topic – when you already have a theme, this will help you in getting with the scope of information that is needed for the writing process. You have to write something that will make sense to your readers. Narrative report is all about using a personal account to illustrate a certain idea.
- Make sure that your narrative report will fit the requirements – this type of report are usually required among colleges. Even though you have prepared a lot of stories to write, you still have to follow what is being required.
- Choose to narrate a story that has a manageable plot – make sure to write something concise and has the proper use of the characters, plot, and setting. They said that having broad narratives make bad narrative reports, so you should at least try to be specific and ensure that there will be a participation in building the theme.
- Begin narrating a story that has a lively details – make an explanation of the details, images, language that contributes to the liveliness of the story. Do not think that narrative reports are fictional. That is why you have to stay true to the story that you are creating. Be sure to be creative too!
What are some of the tips that you can consider when writing a narrative report?
Consider writing the report using the first person point of view, describe places and characters, follow the narrative report structure, use straightforward language, use the five senses in writing the report, and make sure to edit or proofread your work.
What are the elements in a narrative report?
Statement of the thesis or event, background information related to the thesis, chronological account of the event, and summary of the event including the consequences and implications.
If you want to see more samples and format, check out some of the annual narrative report samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 13+ Sample Financial Reports
FREE 12+ Sample Construction Progress Reports
FREE 12+ Sample Performance Reports
FREE 12+ Sample Company Reports
FREE 10+ Event Report Samples
FREE 10+ Water Quality Report Samples
FREE 9+ Building Inspection Report Samples
FREE 15+ Blank Incident Report Samples
FREE 15+ Annual Budget Samples
FREE 13+ Narrative Statement Samples
FREE 11+ External Audit Report Samples
FREE 10+ Student Research Report Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Psychological Reports
FREE 10+ Sample Performance Analysis Reports
FREE 8+ Music Student Progress Report Samples