What comes first into your mind when you hear the word “research”? Maybe it is something that can be associated with loads of articles and books or having to envision other sources of information. It is more than just the sum of your sources, more than a collection of information, and more than just having a set of related literature. Research papers are designed to provide an analysis over a certain perspective or point. Regardless of what type of research you are writing, the final output must be able to present your own thinking that should be backed up by some reliable ideas and information.
Research papers rely on what you know about a particular subject matter and make an attempt to find out what could be the other information known by the experts. It is more likely to be a survey on a specific field of knowledge to find the best information contained in that field. However, before you are going to write about research papers, thesis or dissertation, you must have to follow a checklist.
10+ Thesis Checklist Samples
1. Thesis Dissertation Checklist
2. Thesis Statement Checklist
3. Thesis Dissertation Submission Checklist
4. Thesis Checklist Format
5. Thesis Degree Checklist
6. Final Thesis Acceptance Checklist
7. Thesis Masters Graduation Checklist
8. Masters Thesis Checklist
9. Sample Thesis Checklist
10. Graduate Student Thesis Checklist
11. University Thesis Checklist
Your thesis or dissertation will probably be one of the longest academic text or document you have ever had to make. With that, you should have in your mind that it also has several elements to consider. You may use the following checklist to make sure that you have included all the essential information before submitting the final output.
- The title page must have all the necessary information required by the university.
- Include acknowledgements like expressing your gratitude to people who helped and contributed to your success in the making of your research/thesis.
- You must have an abstract that shows a concise summary of the thesis. It should be able to give the readers an idea about your key findings and arguments.
- A table of contents must be present to help the readers navigate easily the contents of your thesis.
- The table of contents must have chapter titles,
- The introduction should have an engaging topic that will allow you to find out the relevance of your research.
- The introduction should define the focus you have in your research and must be able to state the questions and the main objective.
- The introduction must have a clear overview with regards to the structure of your thesis.
- Include the most important literature that shows the state of knowledge of the given topic.
- The literature review should be able to discuss the patterns and themes and shows how your thesis addresses a gap.
- It should have an outline of the theoretical framework that explains all the theories and models used to support the approach.
- A description of the methodology used that explains how the data is being collected and analyzed.
- The objective report of the relevant results.
- The evaluation and interpretation of the results contained in the discussion.
- Limitations of your results
- Answers to the research question must be present in the conclusion.
- Recommendations for future research
- Appendices that has all the supplemental information
- Reference list that contains the words and information from a specific source
- Check if you have followed all the rules and guidelines in writing your thesis.
What are the five chapters of a standard thesis?
The five major chapters are the introduction, review of related literature, design and methodology, findings, and conclusion.
What makes a thesis checklist important?
A thesis checklist is important because it guides you during your thesis writing process. You will not be confused about what to do next and if you are writing everything correctly.
A thesis would sometimes become the most substantial piece of an independent work. Using a thesis checklist can be rewarding by the end of the writing process so it is always necessary to write it with passion following all the rules and guidelines set by the university. If you want to see more samples and format, try to check some thesis checklist samples and templated provided in the article for you to be guided.
FREE 13+ Management Evaluation Samples
FREE 10+ Journal Article Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Data Analysis
FREE 9+ Net Worth Statement Samples
FREE 8+ Extended Essay Samples
FREE 8+ Research Agenda Samples
FREE 7+ Evaluation Essay Samples
FREE 6+ Sample Heuristic Evaluations
FREE 5+ Discursive Writing Samples
FREE 34 Research Papers
FREE 30+ Research Paper Samples
FREE 10+ Scientific Research Proposal Samples
FREE 10+ Student Assessment Reports Samples
FREE 10+ Informative Writing Samples
FREE 9+ Value Proposition Samples