All types of health and safety accidents can have a negative impact on many businesses. They can cause a loss of productivity, increased absenteeism among the employees, or worse, having a temporary of permanent closure of the company. You cannot prevent or even predict when a particular accident would happen especially at work. However, if they do happen, you must be knowledgeable enough in handling them in a way that will satisfy your responsibility as an individual. If it happens that a serious incident occurred and calling emergency services is highly required, you should at least notify or inform your health and security department immediately. In this article, you will be able to know more about how to create an accident and incident report that will be useful in your workplace.
10+ Accident and Incident Report Samples
Any work-related incidents are always tracked, monitored, and investigated so that you will be able to come up with some measures to prevent it from happening again. All the details or information that were used in the report is necessary to maintain a safe program. They are necessary for building procedures that has the ability to control the conditions that mostly contribute to the occurrence of the incidents. Accident or incident reports has to include all the information pertaining to the accident or near-miss. Take note that you may have the choice to write a special and extensive type of incident report.
1. Accident Incident Report Template
2. Accident Incident Investigation Report Template
3. Accident and Incident Policy Report
4. Accident and Incident Report
5. Accident and Incident Report Form
6. Accident and Incident Procedure Report
7. Accident and Incident Management Report
8. Supervisor Accident and Incident Report
9. Accident and Incident Investigation Policy Report
10. Accident and Incident Investigation Plan Report
11. Vehicle Accident and Incident Report
How to Write an Accident or Incident Report?
- Find the facts – this is the first thing that you need to do. You have to gather all the important facts which includes the date, time, and location of the event, names and departments of the employees involved, names and accounts of the witnesses, events that lead to the incident, what those employees were doing at the moment of the accident, environmental conditions, circumstances like equipment, tools, etc., specific injuries, type of treatment for the injuries, and damage to the equipment.
- Determine the sequence – based on the information you have gathered, make sure that you would be able to determine the sequence of events. In your report, you should be able to describe details about the events leading to the accident, events involved in the incident, and the events that immediately followed the incident. All the incidents must be described on the report so that the readers can perfectly picture out what happened. You may also consider presenting a diagram that is related to the incident.
- Analyze – you should be able to have an in-depth analysis of what causes the accident. This may include the primary cause, the secondary causes, and other contributing factors.
- Recommend – provide any recommendations for corrective actions including employee training that focuses on the safe work practices, preventive maintenance activities, evaluation of job procedures with a recommendation, conducting a job hazard analysis in order to provide an evaluation of the tasks intended for other hazards, and engineering changes.
What are the factors that you should determine when carrying out an incident investigation?
You must know the severity or potential severity of the incident, number of people involved in the incident, level of risk, and the complexity of the situation.
What could be a formal incident investigation procedure look like?
You should be able to determine the contributing factors to the incident, record the important details about the incident, comply with the required legislative requirements, and implement changes in order to eliminate the risks and prevent it from happening again.
By leaning to assess your workplace and presenting a report with regards to the incident, you will become more knowledgeable and aware of the existing hazards or risks in your area. By then, you would be able to implement the right measures to minimize the risks. If you want to see more samples and format, check some of the accident and incident report samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 10+ Work Accident Report Samples
FREE 10+ School Accident Report Form Samples
FREE 10+ Teacher Incident Report Samples
FREE 10+ Hospital Incident Report Samples
FREE 10+ Workplace Incident Report Samples
FREE 10+ Employee Report of Injury Form Samples
FREE 3+ Preschool Incident Report Samples
FREE 59+ Incident Report Formats
FREE 34+ Sample Incident Report
FREE 24+ Sample Incident Reports
FREE 11+ Sample Fall Incident Reports
FREE 10+ Insurance Incident Report Samples
FREE 10+ Safety Incident Report Samples
FREE 9+ Significant Incident Samples
FREE 6+ Incident Analysis Report Samples