Travel isn’t just purely for leisure, a large percentage of those who travel are for business purposes. And companies who have the need to travel locally and internationally requires their own dedicated travel desk, whether inside the company’s premises or with a travel management company. It is necessary for corporate travel to have a team or a travel agent who is assign for this specialty, as travel management is a specialism in its field, since a lot of travel strategies must be incorporated in this kind of work. Travel agencies who specializes in corporate travel, create travel management proposal to showcase their services to companies who frequently send their employees to travel. Read more about this type of proposal in our article below and don’t forget to check out our free travel management proposal samples.
8+ Travel Management Proposal Samples
1. Travel Management Proposal
2. Travel Management Company Proposal
3. Travel Management Services Proposal
4. Travel Agency Management Proposal
5. Sample Travel Management Proposal
6. Simple Travel Management Proposal
7. Travel Management Proposal Example
8. Basic Travel Management Proposal
9. Printable Travel Management Proposal
What Is a Travel Management Proposal?
First of all, to simply put travel management is a structure or function that oversees business or corporate travel. It requires day-to-day operation of the corporate travel program making sure that all business travelers are taken cared of before the commence of the travel and afterwards. It includes negotiating with different travel related vendors and incorporating different travel strategies. It may be a complex task which requires skill and patience. A number of travel agencies have branched out as travel management companies (TMC) and now are experts in corporate travel management, which is why competition to be able to close a deal with a corporate account requires skill, negotiation and a well-written and effective travel management proposal.
A travel management proposal is a document that incorporates all the specific business travel needs of a corporate client and the different solutions on how a travel management agency can address to those needs. It is a comprehensive document whose purpose is to convince and highlight the travel management company’s effectivity in handling business travel.
How To Create a Travel Management Proposal?
Business organizations have different needs and requirements when it comes to business travel. You have take into consideration the frequency of travel, the budget, the turnaround time of the response of the travel desk agent and many more. All these must be discussed for the the travel management company to assess and evaluate what they need to present in their proposal to the client company. It is hard to gauge if no research has been initially done, as mentioned a lot of other agencies are also vying to close a deal with corporate clients.
There is a steady flow when it comes to business travel, as it may seem essential for these companies to have their employees to go from one destination to another. So, let us tackle the different components to be consider when creating a travel management proposal.
I. Know More About the Corporate Account
Companies who engaged in business travel scour the travel industry for the best travel management company in terms of meeting their goals and expectations. As a travel management company(TMC) they may have forward a request for proposal to your company, meaning they are expecting you to submit a proposal that they can examine and see if it meets their requirements. Or if your TMC is doing rounds looking for a corporate account, it also pays to research and learn more about their company. Understanding these business entities enables your TMC to create the right proposal that would fit to their needs.
II. Proposal Details
Here are the basic details of what may comprise a travel management proposal:
- Introduction or Cover Letter: A brief introduction or cover letter would give the reader an initial overview of the proposal you are to submit to them. This will also include details about the author of the proposal and the client company.
- About the TMC: It is important to provide a brief background about your company, highlight previous and current business accounts, experiences and accomplishments or any relevant awards your company has received over the years.
- Defining the Requirements and Business Travel Needs: As you have discussed with the client prior the proposal, you are to outline the different travel requirements the client company needs. Example of such is the travel frequency, budget, expectations of TMCs responding, business problems or concerns: like customer-case and ticketing problems.
- Proposed travel management solutions: Propose solutions that can address the travel requirements of your client. And how you are able to fit all those needs to your services. It would be best to outline each concern with a specific proposed solution.
- Pricing: Now here’s the tricky part, pricing would depend on the any agreed terms and since this is a proposal it would be best to set a general standards for the pricing of your services. Take note that the travel industry is a fluid environment and at most rates and prices are subject to change at any time. So it best to discuss this portion well with your client.
- Terms and Conditions: Set your terms and conditions when it comes to the payment process, timelines, liability, data privacy and other relevant matters.
Once you submit your travel management proposal, always expect your clients to ask more questions and clarifications. In fact they may request for the proposal to be edited to fit more of their requirements. It’s all about give and take, as long as your terms fits theirs, surely an agreement will take place.
What Is Corporate Travel?
Corporate travel, as the name suggest is an official business travel that employees engage in relation to their work.
How Important is Travel Management?
With travel management, agents are able to negotiate and seek the best rates in terms of airfare, hotel accommodation, car rentals and other things. Also clear travel strategies and procedures are set to ensure that the business traveler is taken cared of. Take note that business travel sometimes does not entail one destination, multiple business destination can be complex and errors can delay any important matters so an effective travel management will ensure all these are covered.
What Is a Request for Proposal?
A request for proposal or RFP, is a common business tool used to find the best vendor while maximizing value and minimizing risk.
With a lot of competition out in the market, it is important for a travel management company to draft an effective and impressive travel management proposal. You may win a bid or secure a corporate client that will help stabilize your company and increase your revenue.
FREE 20+ Letterhead Samples in Illustrator InDesign | MS Word ...
FREE 10+ Sample Travel Request Forms in MS Word PDF
FREE 7+ Vacation Planner Samples & Templates in PSD MS Word ...
FREE 15+ Sample Quotations (Sales, Services, Art)
FREE 32+ Quotation Examples & Samples in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 9+ Travel Itinerary Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 15+ Management Proposal Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 50+ Sample Quotations in MS Word PDF | Google Docs ...
FREE 30+ Company Profile Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 16+ Grant Proposal Samples in PDF MS Word | Pages ...
FREE 9+ Sample Travel Policy Templates in MS Word PDF
FREE 16+ Sample Grant Proposals in PDF MS Word | Pages ...
FREE 14+ Formal Quotation Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Group Project Proposal Samples [ Target, Focus, Youth ]
FREE 25+ Printable Business Policy Samples in MS Word Pages ...