You know that there are a lot of activities for you to do on a daily basis and it seems like the number of things that you need to do just increases overtime. Have you ever wondered why that is so? Well, aside from the activities or tasks that you need to do the next day and the other tasks that just find their way to your to-do list, there are also the tasks that you have from the other day that you have not finished yet. We believe that there is a shortage of time and that is what makes us not finish what we need to do for that day.
Time management is essential in productivity. If you know how to manage your time, then you will surely be productive. There is not one time management technique that works for everybody, but there are a lot of ways on how we can best manage our time. One of those ways is by using an hourly planner template. We have included 9+ hourly planner templates in this article that you may download and use as your own. These sample templates will really be of great help when it comes to planning and managing your time.
Daily Hourly Planner Template
College Hourly Planner Template
Weekly Hourly Planner Template
Printable Daily Hourly Planner Template
Free Printable Hourly Planner Template
Simple Semi-Monthly Hourly Planner Template
What Is an Hourly Planner?
An hourly planner is the breakdown of the hours within a day. There are 24 hours in a day, but a regular employee works 8–9 hours a day or up to 12 hours a day if there is a need for them to work overtime. With that being said, the hours counted or provided in the hourly planner template is based on how many hours one plans to work or how many hours they think they need to make a plan for. If in case the job requires 24 hours of work or shifting work, then the hourly planner template will also have those number of hours.
An hourly planner template is used for the following:
- It helps in managing and maximizing one’s time so that they will be able to get their jobs done on time.
- The planner enables one to keep track of what activities to do for the next hour or so.
- It keeps track of activities and tasks that need to be done and monitored hourly.
- In the hospital setting, an hourly planner is used to record the medications given to patients as well as their dosages.
- An hourly planner can be used as a scheduler where they can write the class schedules, including the activities or tasks that they need to do within the hour.
- Busy people use an hourly planner so that they will know and will be reminded of where they should be and what they should be doing at a specific time of day.
- An hourly planner can help one establish a daily routine so that they can get their tasks done on time or have tasks done simultaneously with other tasks.
- You can easily schedule appointments because you know what time within the day you are free or available.
Need to manage your time but a planner just doesn’t work for you? How about try other time management templates, like hourly calendar templates and hourly schedule templates. They are sure to help you make the best out of your time.
Hourly Appointment Planner Template
Daily Journal Reading Hourly Planner Template
Blank Hourly Planner Template
Hourly Event Planner Template
Family Hourly Planner Template
How to Make an Hourly Planner in Three Different Ways
A simple hourly planner is easy to use and even easier to make. There are no rules and no formatting that you need to know of to be able to make one. On top of that, there is absolutely no write or wrong hourly planner. Everything is in your hands and based on your imagination. An hourly planner can be made in so many ways. You can have it done using a computer application, download and edit blank templates online, or do it the traditional way which is by hand. There are variations in the things that you need to do, but all of them will help you make an hourly planner. You may also see appointment planner samples
1. Through a computer application
- First, you need to prepare the computer or gadget you will be using to make an hourly planner template and then launch your decided application. The computer applications commonly used to make an hourly planner or just about any planners are Word and Excel applications. This is because they are easy to use and navigate and there are a lot of online tutorials that can help you figure out how to use them. You may also like project planner samples & templates
- After you have launched the application of your choice, choose or open a blank document for you to get started with.
- Next, select the layout that you want to use and set the margin. Your margin should be the same size for all the sides of your sheet to give it a framed look. It will also look neat that way.
- On your blank document, write the title of your hourly planner on top of the page. Use bold letters and use a font that is larger than the font that you will be using for the entire page. If you just want to make a blank template, you can draw a line on top to indicate where the title should be written. You may also check out attendance planners
- Next, draw a table that has the right amount of rows and columns that you need for your hourly planner. For example, if you want to include all the days of the week on the columns and the 12 hours on the rows, then you will need to draw 8 columns and 13 rows. The additional column is going to be the columns for the hour and the additional row is going to be the where you write the days of the week. You may also see party planner samples and templates
- Label the table based on your preference or how you want it to look like.
- You can add designs on the sheet and the table cells if you like. You can also change the color of the border or any part of it. It’s all up to you.
- Once all the details and designs are in place, take a look at your work again and see to it that you have everything you want in it already. Once you are satisfied with it, save your work and print as many copies of the template as you want. You may also like daytimer planner samples
2. Through editable online templates
- You first need to look for an editable or blank hourly planner template online. There are a lot of free printable daily planner templates, so it should be easy for you to get hold of one. You can choose from a variety of designs and styles too.
- Download the template that you have selected and then open it using the appropriate application so that you can start editing. Change as many parts of the template as you need to do. You can change the title, the font, the color, the design, the labels, and other contents so that it will look like the hourly planner that you imagine it to be. After all the changes that you have made, check your work again to see if you have not omitted or changed any important part of the hourly planner template. You may also check out lesson planner samples & templates
- If you are done, save the changes that you have made and then print a copy for you to use. Save the template that you have edited so that you can print copies of it when you need to.
3. By hand
- First, prepare the materials that you need to make the hourly planner template. You will need the following:
- Bond paper or colored paper
- Coloring materials
- Stickers, embellishments, and other designing essentials
- Using a pencil and ruler, measure and draw the margin having the same size for all sides so your working space will only be the space within the margin. You may also see vacation planner samples & templates
- Then draw a line on top of your page, as a guide where you will be writing the title or heading of your hourly planner template.
- Next, draw the table on the sheet. Measure the length of the sheet inside the margin and then divide it with the number of rows that you need. The answer will be the length of each row on your table. Also measure the with of the sheet within the margin, excluding the part where the heading line is. Divide the width with the number of columns that you need and this will be the width of your column. You may also like budget planner samples & templates
- Still with the use of a pencil, mark each measurement on your sheet and connect the dots that you have marked vertically and horizontally. You should now have your table.
- Review your work and check for any missing pieces of information that you may need in your hourly planner. Make the necessary revisions or changes before you trace it with a marker. You may also check out travel planner samples & templates
- Trace the pencil lines with your marker and also add the corresponding labels to your table. Erase any visible pencil lines so that your template will look neat and presentable.
- Add stickers, embellishments, and other designs according to your liking. You can personalize it however you want.
So who says making an hourly planner template is difficult? With three different ways to choose from, you are sure to find the best way for you to make one. There are also other planner samples and templates on our website that you might be interested in, like monthly budget planner templates, day planner samples and templates, and wedding planner samples and templates.
7+ Free Printable Weekly Planner Samples
7+ Agenda Planners
6+ Wedding Planner Printable Samples
5+ Appointment Planner Samples
5+ Agenda Planner Templates
20+ Meal Planner Samples & Templates
18+ Weekly Planner Samples & Templates
16+ Free Planner Samples & Templates
9+ Budget Planner Samples & Templates
9+ Project Planner Samples & Templates
9+ Sample Printable Meal Planners
7+ Budget Planner Templates
6+ Sample Day Planner Template
14+ Event Planner Contract Samples
8+ Sample Event Planner Job Descriptions