Students do a lot of tasks and activities in school, and even if they are sent home after classes, they still need to do their homework for the next day. Students, no matter what level or age, always get excited with the fact that classes are over. Whether they are going straight home or hanging out with friends, the thought of ending class activities is just something to look forward to. And this is the story on how a lot of students forget about doing their homework. This is when homework planners come to the rescue.
In this article are 9+ homework planner samples and templates in different varieties. These samples are intentionally added to this article, to help you visualize what a homework planner looks like and also help you easily determine this planner from all the other planners in existence. We have also included basic and useful information about homework planners that can help you in utilizing it, as well as in making one of your own.
Daily Homework Planner Sample
Editable Homework Planner and Study Schedule Template
Sample Daily Homework Planner Template
Printable Homework Planner Template
Simple Daily Homework Planner Template
What Is a Homework Planner?
As students, we always have to bring tasks from school to our homes because that is what the teacher said. These tasks are called homework. A homework can be a way for the teacher to assess what you have learned and understand the lessons in class. It could also be because the teacher wants you to learn about the next lesson so that you will be prepared for the discussion and be able to participate. Thus, a homework allows the students on learn their lessons on their own and measure how well they managed to understand them. This is such an important part in a student’s learning development and it is also one of the reasons why students are given extra school work at home. You can also check out lesson planners if you are a teacher.
With its importance and significance in the field of education, there are still a lot of students who are unable to make their homework. The following are the possible reasons why they fail to do so:
- they got got distracted from doing after-school activities and forgot about their homework,
- they did not hear the teacher because the school bell rang,
- they forgot what the homework was all about,
- they weren’t able to write the homework that was given to them,
- they don’t have the resources to do their homework, or
- they just don’t care about doing homework.
These reasons can easily be prevented and avoided with the use of a homework planner. A homework planner is where students can write down, plan, and schedule the homework that they need to do at home so that they can get them done on time. It is often incorporated or included in most student planner samples and templates. It is even used like one, except that homework planners are specifically intended for homework use.
Elementary students, high school students, and college students can use a homework planner to keep them organized and up to date about the homework that they have to finish. It is actually best that young students be exposed to doing simple planning tasks, like doing their homework. It is also essential that they are exposed to tasks where they are required to follow certain lesson schedules and activity schedules.
Why Are Homework Planners Used?
Doing one’s homework is one of those items in a to-do list or task list that is always there but never really noticed. Why is that? Well, nobody really wants to do school work at home. Not with the presence of the television, the computer, and definitely not when there is free and unlimited WiFi at home. School work should be done in school and not at home. So that is homework versus the television, the computer, and unlimited WiFi. These rivals are so enticing and powerful that I would also choose them over making homework. This is when a homework planner becomes the hero. Below are the reasons why homework planners are used.
- A homework planner allows the students to study about a new lesson that their class will be discussing and to prepare them for the lesson. The planner is where they will be writing details about the homework being given. Students who already have an idea or who know about the next lesson to be discussed learn easier and learn a lot from the discussion compared to those students who really don’t know anything at all.
- A homework planner helps in reminding students about the school work that they need to bring home and finish. Students can be easily distracted by a lot of different activities, including extracurricular activities, going out with friends, or even by just studying. Because they are enjoying such activities or too focused on studying, there is a possibility that they forget about doing homework.
- A homework planner guides students in making decisions about which homework to prioritize and which homework can be done at a later time. Their prioritization could be based on the level of difficulty of the homework, the length of the homework, or the deadline for the homework. Deciding which one to do first helps in polishing their decision-making skills and makes them feel independent and in control.
- A homework planner keeps students organized and updated about their tasks. Although a homework planner is for keeping track of one’s homework or bring home work, it can also be used by students to organize their after-school tasks and activities. This helps them establish a study schedule that works best for them.
- A homework planner is the place where students can find the complete list of their homework and projects in just one page. This is very convenient because they don’t have to go looking or rummaging for their stuff just to look for their homework.
You might also be interested in other time management and planning-related articles that we have, like sample project plannings, strategic planning checklist samples and templates, and event planning checklist ideas. All of these and many more are available on our website.
Homework Planning Sheet for Teachers and Students
Colorful Homework Planner Template
Assignment Planner Templates for Kids
Five-Day Homework Planner Template
How to Make a Homework Planner
It’s not hard to make a homework planner of your own. All you need is to know a little something about homework planners and the easy-to-follow steps that we have enumerated below.
- Prepare the materials that you will be using for the planner. You can use downloadable and printable blank planner templates that are available online. They are easy to find and there are different varieties that you can choose from. You can also make your own template either by using the blank templates or make one completely from scratch. These are the materials that you may need:
- Notebook, bond paper or colored paper – you can use any material depending on where and how you want to make your homework planner.
- Pencil – write first with a pencil so that you can easily erase them if you made mistakes or need to make changes.
- Marker – use this to trace the pencil marks on your sheet.
- Eraser – use this to erase mistakes and erase pencil marks after tracing the lines with a marker.
- Ruler – you will need this to do the margin and to draw straight lines.
- Coloring materials and art materials – use this if you want to put decorations or designs to your planner.
- Using a pencil, measure and draw a margin on the sheet that you will be working on. Your margin should be the same size for all sides so that your homework planner will look framed and neat. The margin will serve as your guide so that everything you write will all be inside the margin.
- How would you like your planner to look like? Some homework planners include a table with columns and rows where the list of homework, their deadlines, and subject are entered. The format depends on how you want it to be and what you want to add. If you prefer the table type of planner, then draw a table with the corresponding rows and columns that you need. You can make a planner with lines and check boxes just like in checklist templates.
- When you are done with deciding and drawing the arrangement of your homework planner, proceed with doing the labels of the columns and rows on your table, including the other details. Also, don’t forget to write down the heading or the title of your planner on top of your sheet. This is so that you can easily identify which planner from all other sheets that you have.
- Using a marker, trace the pencil lines and other labels. Trace them carefully to avoid making mistakes as you won’t be able to erase marker lines. After tracing everything with a marker, erase the visible pencil lines to make your sheet look neat and clean.
- Once you are done with all the necessary details and important stuff, you may add some designs or colors to your homework planner. This is completely optional and you can definitely not put any designs in it if you do not want to.
So now, your homework planner template is done and you may now start using it for organizing and keeping track of your homework and other school-related stuff. We also have other kinds of planners that you might be interested in such as personal planners, road trip planners, and project planners.
9+ Wedding Planner Samples & Templates
9+ Budget Planner Samples & Templates
8+ Sample Event Planner Resumes
7+ Agenda Planners
7+ Sample Monthly Budget Planners
7+ Sample Monthly Budget Planners
5+ Planner Contract Samples & Templates
15+ Monthly Planner Samples & Templates
14+ Printable Meal Planner Samples & Templates
11+ Menu Planner Samples & Templates
9+ Dinner Planner Templates
8+ Sample Attendance Planners
7+ Sample Event Planner Resumes
6+ Vacation Planner Samples & Templates
6+ Road Trip Itinerary Templates