Marketing is not mainly only used to try to promote a product to ensure a sale. This can be used to promote other things such as environmental issues, waste management, tourism, and one very important matter which is health and safety. When we speak about health and safety issues, this can mean a number of things such as improving the working environment of businesses, sending out a message to the general public regarding road and traffic safety, or how to protect oneself from criminal activity and for something that is recently happening to the whole world which is the Covid pandemic. Where government agencies have been posting on social media, on television and radio, influencers and celebrities have all been urging to follow health protocols and encouraging the general public to get the vaccine. All these activities are part of what we call a health and safety marketing plan. Read more about this in our article below and if you want to get started with that marketing plan, we have several free health and safety marketing plan samples made available for download.
10+ Health and Safety Marketing Plan Samples
1. Health and Safety Marketing Plan Template
2. Construction Health and Safety Marketing Plan
3. Health and Safety Service Marketing Plan
4. Road Health and Safety Marketing Plan
5. Marketing Health and Safety Plan
6. Health and Safety Marketing Management Plan
7. Site Health and Safety Marketing Plan
8. Occupational Health and Safety Marketing Plan
9. Project Health and Safety Marketing Plan
10. Health and Safety Social Marketing Plan
11. Health and Safety Grant Marketing Plan
What Is a Health and Safety Marketing Plan?
For businesses, a marketing plan is thinking of various ways to help promote and advertise their products or services. But a marketing plan is not only limited to business-related campaigns, it can be also be applied internally for various workplace needs. In particular, marketing strategies have proven to be beneficial in improving workplace safety and encouraging employee awareness of overall health and safety in a company. Or even used for public awareness regarding various health and safety concerns. An internal health and safety marketing campaign will assist on properly educating employees in an easy to assimilate and understand way and encourage their health and safety awareness for a more professional and safer workplace presence in the future. All these campaigns and strategies are summed up in a document called a health and safety marketing plan. Successful strategies can create a powerful effect on the employees and also on the general public.
How To Write a Health and Safety Marketing Plan?
Marketing is quite essential to promote various health and safety programs. Just like a client has come across an advertisement that has captured his interest and proceeds to purchase the product. When designed properly, you will be able to convey your message to the public and convince people of how important these health and safety measures are. It’s all about meticulous planning and coming up with great marketing campaigns and strategies, that’s all there is to it. It’s how you plan that matters, treat it like your marketing your own services and products. The overall thought stays the same. And the benefits can go beyond lowering the lost time injury rate and can include economic and social gains. Now to come up with a health and safety marketing plan for your company, here are several tips that can help you with your planning.
I. Get Every Department Involved
Creating a marketing plan isn’t designed by just want person or a group of people within the business organization, in order to build a safe culture, you must connect with each corner of the organization. Establish an overall corporate culture that includes safety throughout every department. Perhaps you will be able to gather ideas per department on their views and interest regarding health and safety. Remember you are promoting for the welfare not only of the employees but for the whole organization.
II. Health and Safety Message
Think of what health and safety messages you must promote across the organization and even to the general public. When clients see this, they would be able to empathize with the company and take into mind how considerate the company is when it comes to safeguarding their employees’ wellbeing. If we think about the recent events about the pandemic, perhaps you may want to rely a message on the importance of wearing a mask most especially when you are feeling unwell, or encourage occupational workers about the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Remember what you aim to promote can be directly relevant to the business industry you are in, such as those who sell alcoholic drinks would create a little logo or reminder to the public to drink moderately or do not drive while under the influence of alcohol. You see, marketing can still encourage the public in a subtle way to value their health and safety without further compromising a company’s brand.
III. Marketing Activities
Once you have figured out what you want to promote to your employees, you will need to think about different marketing activities that can capture and retain the audience’s interest. Here are some examples to consider:
- Be Present Everywhere – once you have decided on your message, it must be everywhere and integrated into every corner of the organization. From banners on shop floors to logos on the back of vehicles to crests on coveralls to stickers on hard hats to paper coffee cups in lunchrooms. Marketing professionals can create in-office displays about workplace safety requirements and techniques, and place these displays in those areas of an office that have the most traffic. Employees will absorb the material daily, sometimes without realizing it and eventually adapt to it.
- Promotional Videos – This can be applied during employee training programs, or played once in a while on a company’s website or in an office lobby. Videos provide the opportunity for vivid and effective visuals, and this particular medium is used to show real-life scenarios of safety needs, not to mention the consequences of a failure to recognize safety requirements.
- Events and Incentives – you can incorporate your health and safety campaigns as a part of an employee’s benefits, perhaps offering tangible rewards, such as gift cards, to employees who complete the training within a certain period of time. Or organizing certain events to reward a department that goes a certain period of time without any injuries.
IV. Monitor The Progress
While you create all these marketing campaigns and strategies, make sure you are able to monitor your progress so you will be able to access its effectiveness with your employees and staff. And if they have managed to incorporate health and safety not only in the workplace but in their daily lives. By monitoring the progress, you will be able to evaluate if you need to change anything in your campaigns.
What Is a Marketing Campaign?
A marketing campaign is a marketing strategy that companies use to promote their products and services. This is done through different types of media, such as television, radio, print, and online platforms.
What Is Health and Safety Important In a Business Organization?
It is important to any business organization in order to safeguard the well-being of its employees and this would help increase an employee’s productivity.
What Is Occupational Health?
This is an area of public health that is made up of multiple disciplines dedicated to the well-being and safety of employees in the workplace.
It is common sense to encourage health and safety programs within the company, but not everyone is too keen to accept this all together. So the best way to reach out to the employees is to come up with a health and safety marketing plan. This will help you think of several ways to successfully communicate the importance of health and safety in a workplace.
FREE 10+ Project Health and Safety Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Safety Strategy Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Healthcare Strategic Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Safety Management Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Construction Health And Safety Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Digital Learning Plan Samples
FREE 9+ Hotel Action Plan Samples
FREE 9+ Safety Plan Samples
FREE 7+ Sample Health Lesson Plan
FREE 7+ Sample Marketing Action Plan
FREE 14+ Sample Marketing Plan
FREE 10+ Safety Action Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Project Safety Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Sports Action Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Health And Safety Method Statement Samples