The work ethics and effectiveness of an employee affects not only the processes of the department where he or she is working for but the entire functions of the business operations. If the employee is a weak link, the items that he or she cannot deliver may affect the other work performances of his or her team members or other people in the workplace.
An employee development plan is used by companies to provide their employees a guideline of the items that they need to follow to attain growth and improvement in the work environment. It is very important for the employees to feel that they are growing in the company for them to function more efficiently and for their productivity to increase as well. We have downloadable employee development plan examples and other Sample Plans used in other processes.
Employee Development Plan Template
Business Development Plan Template
Performance Development Plan Template
Career Development Plan Template
Individual Employee Development Plan Sample
Employee Career Development Plan in Doc
Employee Personal Development Plan Example
Employee Development Plan
An employee development plan is used to assure the improvement of the career of the employee. This plan includes the following information:
- the name of the employee to whom the specific development plan is for;
- the work functions of the employee and his or her job position in the company;
- the supervisor that will record all the improvements, or the lack thereof, of the employee in a specific duration of time;
- the date that the employee development plan is to be effective;
- the career plans of the employee, which includes his professional mission, the reason why he or she is working, the motivations that he or she use to function in the workplace, and the items that help him or her to stick to the career plan that he or she already have;
- the short-term and long-term career goals of the employee;
- the strengths and weaknesses of the employee; and
- the improvement methods that may be applied in the work processes of a specific employee.
Other than our employee development plan templates and samples, you may also download our Employee Evaluation Form for your reference.
Employee Professional Development Plan in PDF
Employee Performance Evaluation and Development Plan
Employee Performance Self-Assessment Form
Things to Consider in Creating an Employee Development Plan
Either it is the employee or the person overseeing the performance of the employee, here are a few things that may be considered in creating an employee development plan to assure that it is fit for the professional growth needs of the specific employee to whom the development plan is for:
- the key strengths of the employee;
- the value that the employee can add to the company;
- the skills, interests, and other job competencies of the employee;
- the capabilities and technical knowledge of the employee, which may be harnessed, developed, and used by the company in its operations;
- the work values and professional work ethics that an employee has;
- the aspects of work processes that are either easy or hard for the employee; and
- the fields of expertise of the employee.
People to Talk to Regarding Your Employee Development Plan
If you want to get assistance or help for the creation or achievement of your employee development plan, here are a few people that you may tap and talk to:
- your immediate head in the company,
- the manager of your department,
- any human resource personnel assigned for employee relations and development,
- mentors and teachers, or
- professional development experts and specialist.
Other than our employee development plan samples, we can also provide you with templates of a Performance Appraisal Example.
9+ Massage Therapy Business Plan Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Juice Bar Business Plans – PDF, Word
10+ Restaurant Business Plans – PDF
9+ Bakery Business Plans – PDF
9+ Business Plan Templates in Word
9+ Quality Assurance Plan Templates – PDF, Word
Project Implementation Plan Template
9+ Sales Compensation Plan Template – PDF, Word
9+ Strategic Marketing Plan Template – PDF, Word
9+ Operational Plan for Restaurant – PDF
9+ Event Operational Plans – PDF
9+ Hospital Operational Plans – PDF, Word
9+ IT Operational Plans – PDF
9+ 5 Year Plan Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Career Development Plans – PDF