A development plan is a type of document that is used as a means of furthering a company’s goals and objectives. However, it is not limited to just companies, individuals themselves can benefit from this type of document as well. A development plan can target any aspects of a company or an individual and develop plans for them, such as financial plans, marketing plans, etc. A development plan is basically a combination of different plans.
Now, a marketing plan inside the development program is basically the way you will sell your plan to your superiors and quite possibly change the method of thinking for the entire company. A development plan is a great way to improve your company’s current standing and efficiency.
Professional Development Plan
Executive Development Plan Template
Career Development Plan Example
Employee Development Plan Template
Fundraising Development Plan
Professional Development Plan
How to Create a Development Plan for Your Employees
Creating an employee development plan is just like creating a risk management plan; however, instead of managing risk and identifying ways to improve the company, you will be focusing on developing an employee’s productivity instead. To create a development plan for your employees, just do the following:
- Monitor the employee’s current progress.
- Compare the employee’s progress with the standards set by the company.
- Suggest alterations to the employee’s work habit.
- Monitor for any changes on the employee’s progress.
- Indicate other methods of improving the employee’s performance.
- Indicate the plan’s authorization from the officer in charge.
Why Is a Personal Development Plan Important?
A personal or professional development plan is quite a useful tool in developing a person’s own state of self. Similar to how a configuration management plan in terms of improving a target’s quality, it can motivate the person into following a plan to achieve a higher level of progress to one’s self. It is a means to perfection, as some would say. However, a plan is only a plan unless the person will freely act on it, and even then it would require the person dedication and perseverance in following the plan.
Project Development Plan
Software Development Plan
Personal Development Plan
Tips to Write the Best Development Plan
When writing a development plan, you should take note that there are different types of development plans. One good example is a business development plan in which the objective is to improve the business’ progress toward its goals and objective. Another example of a plan that can modify the company would be a project management plan where the objective is to modify the project’s efficiency. Writing a development plan requires the following:
- Monitor your surroundings. Keeping track of events in your surroundings can help you identify problems more easily.
- Isolate incidents of inefficiency. Identify the problems and list them all down. No matter how small the problem, list them down and review them later. The frequency of that problem may add up to even belittle the other problems.
- Develop a work-around to the incident. Create plans that would allow the company to produce faster or increase efficiency.
- Monitor for any changes to the company’s efficiency. This way you can notice if your changes are beneficial or if they are consequential to the company.
11+ Coffee Shop Business Plan Template – PDF, Word
8+ Onboarding Plan Templates
8+ Sample Performance Plans
8+ Social Media Plan Templates
9+ Social Media Plan – PDF
8+ Implementation Plan Samples & Templates
8+ Commission Plan Templates
10+ Massage Therapy Business Plan Templates – PDF, Word
19 + Sample Sales Plan Templates – PDF, Word
7+ Implementation Plan Examples
9+ Evacuation Plan Samples & Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
13 + Health and Safety Plan Templates – PDF, Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
18 + Business Plan Samples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
12+ Sample Food Truck Business Plans – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10 + Food Truck Business Plan Templates – PDF, Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages