What is a memo? A memo is a written message usually sent from one individual or department to another. A memo in business is used to send a message to the board members or employees of the company. This type of memo is called a business memo. It is also used as a form of communication.
A legal memorandum is a type of informal memo used for legal purposes and can be used as proof in court. If you are looking for board memos, you will find templates available in word and PDF format. You can use them as reference for your board memo.
Professional Board Memo Template
Free Memo Template
Sample Board Memo
School Board Memo
What Is a Board Memo?
A board memo is a written note sent by the board members of a company. This is usually sent by the CEO to the other members of the board. Blank memos contain notes and important points the company has learned for the purpose of having a reference in the future. Although a board memo is an informal type of written document, it contains relevant information about a certain topic.
Types of Memo
- Directive Memo – if you want to include specific policies and procedures to be followed by the recipient of the memo, a directive memo is used. A directive memo contains instructions and steps that you want an individual or group to follow.
- Trip Report Memo – this type of memo is usually sent by an employee to a supervisor after going on a business trip. A trip report memo contains an update regarding a certain topic or meeting.
- Response Memo – this type of memo is used to respond to an individual’s request/s. This can contain any type of information.
- Field Report Memo – after an inspection is done, a field report memo is used to write about the results of the inspection.
Board of Directors Memo
Army Board Memo
Medical Board Memo
Consultant Board Memo
Board Action Memo
How to Write a Business Memo
If you need to write a memo for your business, refer to the steps below to help you outline your business memo. You can also use a sample memo to help you.
- The first thing you should do when creating a memo is to label it. Write the word Memo or Memorandum on the top part of the page. This will allow the reader to know the type of document he or she is reading.
- Next, write the essential parts of the business memo. These include the name of the recipient, the sender, the date, and the subject of the memo that you are writing.
- When writing the subject of your memo, always keep it clear and short.
- Since business memos are informal, you don’t necessarily have to write a salutation for the recipients.
- Write the introduction of the memo by stating your purpose of writing it.
- After the introduction, write the content of your memo. The format depends on the topic that you are writing about.
- Write a closing paragraph on your memo and include your signature if necessary.
Also, memo formats are available for download, useful in formatting your memo.
FREE 8+ Formal Memos in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 8+ Executive Memo Templates in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Executive Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Audit Memos in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 6+ Sample Legal Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 6+ External Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 7+ Sample Legal Memo Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 31+ Sample Memos in PDF
FREE 8+ Bid Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Blank Memos in MS Word | PDF
FREE 5+ Blank Memos in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Notice Memos in PDF
FREE 9+ Employee Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Budget Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Standard Memo Templates in PDF | MS Word