A safe workplace is a happy workforce. When you work in a secure, clean, and healthy environment you are more than capable enough to do your job productively and energetically. Hence, employers and management alike must continue to uphold and initiate a healthier workplace for their employees. To be able to do this, a workplace inspection checklist can help you out in ensuring prosperous work climate. In this article, we provide free and ready-made checklist samples to guide you in doing your workplace inspection. Keep reading to find out more!
10+ Workplace Inspection Checklist Samples
1. Workplace Inspection Checklist Sample
2. Printable Workplace Inspection Checklist
3. Workplace Safety Inspection Checklist
4. Workplace Inspection Checklist Format
5. Workplace Office Inspection Checklist
6. General Workplace Inspection Checklist
7. Editable Workplace Inspection Checklist
8. Formal Workplace Inspection Checklist
9. Professional Workplace Inspection Checklist
10. Workplace Workshop Inspection Checklist
11. Standard Workplace Safety Inspection Checklist
What Is a Workplace Inspection Checklist?
A Workplace Inspection help detect and record dangers in the workplace so that corrective action can be taken. Inspections of the workplace help to prevent accidents, injuries, and illnesses. This can be planned, conducted, reported on, and monitored with the support of health and safety committees. Consequently, with the use of a checklist, your workplace inspections can be done efficiently as it can help you accomplish your tasks quickly with little to no mistakes. A workplace inspection checklist is a basic tool that employers and/or safety managers use to conduct workplace safety checks because it aids in conducting regular and detailed environmental assessments while proactively resolving hazards.
How to Create a Workplace Inspection Checklist
If you are interested in making your own workplace inspection checklist, it’s best to create one that is developed to meet your specific needs– personalize it to cater it to your work environment. However, here are some key items that comprises an inspection checklist to guide you:
1. The floor plan
Visualize the lay-out of your work place with the use of the floor plan(s). Note where machinery, equipment, and materials are located, as well as the as well as the locations of air ducts, aisles, stairways, alarms, and fire exits. Items to include are:
- dust, gases, fumes, sprays, lighting, noise, ventilation, windows, doors, floors, stairs, roofs, walls, & elevators.
2. Equipment inventory
Indicate what type of machineries are present in the building/office. Items to include here are:
- scrap bins, wastebaskets;
- switches, cables, outlets, connectors, grounding, connections, breakers;
- racks, bins, shelves, cabinets, closets, yards, floors.
3. Hygiene facilities and safety equipment inventory
Specify what hygiene and first-aid tools are provided in the building for preventive measures. Items to include are:
- drinking fountains, washrooms, safety showers, eyewash fountains, alcohol dispensers;
- first aid supplies, in-house clinic, contact list for first aid responders;
- hard hats, safety glasses, respirators, safety footwear, gloves, etc.
4. Psychosocial risks and its preventive measures
- workload pace and weight, work schedule conflicts, fatigue, distractions, miscommunication;
- constant communication, workplace protocols seminar, ethics and behavior seminar, mental health activities, social activity nights.
These key elements can help you create your own checklist. Just remember, make inspections a routine to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for your employees.
What is the purpose of a workplace inspection?
The workplace is examined for potential dangers during a workplace inspection. It is a pre-planned event and is considered to be the most efficient strategy for proactively identifying hazards before they might cause harm.
How do you conduct a workplace inspection?
- Inspection report
What is the need and purpose of workplace inspection?
An employer might conduct a workplace inspection to obtain information on various activities, the existing way of operation, and the hazards associated with it, as well as to determine whether the working environment is safe and risk-free.
What would be used to report a potential hazard in the workplace?
If you spot something you think might be hazardous in your workplace, report it to your employer and safety rep straight away. Your employer should then decide what harm the hazard could cause and take action to eliminate, prevent or reduce that harm.
The safety of your employees should be the utmost priority. Do not compromise their health and well-being by putting them in a dangerous environment, as this also risks the productivity of your workforce. Use our free, ready-made, and downloadable Workplace Inspection Checklist samples to start preserving a good work climate. Print these out and you’re good to go! Check out our other samples for more.
FREE 18+ Vehicle Inspection Checklist Templates
FREE 18+ Audit Checklist Templates
FREE 16+ Inspection Worksheet Templates
FREE 13+ Induction Checklist Samples
FREE 10+ HR Assessment Checklist Samples
FREE 10+ Workplace Investigation Checklist Samples
FREE 9+ Workplace Investigation Samples
FREE 8+ Housekeeper Checklist Samples
FREE 5+ Retail Store Cleaning Checklist Samples
FREE 43+ Sample Checklist Templates
FREE 28+ Checklist Templates
FREE 28+ Cleaning Checklist Samples
FREE 19+ Delivery Checklist Samples
FREE 16+ Project Checklist Samples
FREE 14+ Safety Manual Samples