Shopping and buying stuff is always something that a lot of people enjoy and look forward to doing, most especially on payday, holiday sales, and just about any other mall or store sale. Most people would prefer shopping online as it is more convenient and they get a lot of discounts. Online shopping involves having your order delivered to your doorstep for some cost or for no cost at all.
Your package or order goes through a lot of things before it finally reaches you. So in this article, we will be talking about a tool that is used by a couple of businesses, especially those businesses that offer delivery services. This tool is no other than a delivery checklist. We have also included useful and effective sample checklists for delivery that you can use as your own or as a guide or reference when you make one. The best part of it all is that you can get them for free! Just click on the links below.
Catering Delivery Checklist Template
Food Delivery Checklist
Product Delivery Checklist
Set Up and Pre-Delivery Checklist
Comprehensive Vehicle Delivery Checklist
Light Vehicle Pre-delivery Checklist
Printable Vehicle Delivery Checklist
What Is a Delivery Checklist?
Ever wonder how your orders get to you? Well, of course, you would initially think of the courier or the person who will be sending it to your doorstep. Before your order successfully makes it to you, they are first checked to make sure that all the items needed in a certain package or delivery are included in it. This is made possible with the help of a printable checklist template. There are different kinds of delivery checklists for different purposes to make sure that different needs are being taken cared of. Below are a few examples of commonly used delivery checklists.
Package Delivery Checklist
This checklist example consists of a list of items that should be in a package before it is sealed and shipped to its destination. The items listed in a package delivery checklist includes the ordered items and special instruction on how to pack them, the name of the sender and receiver of the package, and the complete address where the item will be shipped to.
Food Delivery Checklist
Fast-food chains and restaurants offer food delivery for free or for a certain delivery charge. To make sure that the customer evaluation receives exactly what they have ordered for either over the phone or online, a food delivery checklist is used. This is more like the receipt of the order where the ordered items are listed.
Delivery Inspection Checklist
Well, after making sure that the package or items needed to be delivered are complete comes the inspection. So before getting delivered, all the deliverables are inspected to ensure that they don’t encounter any problems throughout the delivery. This is also done to make sure that the products are all in good shape once the customer or buyer receives it.
Vehicle Delivery Checklist
Deliverables are loaded in a vehicle like a delivery truck to have it transported to the specific location or doorstep where it should be sent to. Well, if the vehicle encounters problems, then the delivery will be delayed, and no one wants that. So before the delivery vehicle sets off on its journey, it is checked for any problems with the equipment or engine. Once all of the items in the vehicle delivery checklist is checked off, then it will be allowed to go.
Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist
Delivery Checklist for Goods
Delivery and Installation Checklist
Catering Event Delivery Checklist
Safe Deliveries Checklist
Power Equipment Delivery Checklist
Machine Delivery Checklist
Oil Delivery Checklist
Detailed Food Delivery Checklist
Delivery Checklist for Bricklayers
Speech Delivery Checklist
Uses of a Delivery Checklist
So why do shipping companies, couriers, and other companies that offer deliveries make use of a delivery checklist? Well, I’m pretty sure it’s because they are useful and helpful for their business. Let’s further find out the many uses of a delivery checklist.
- It is used to organize deliveries. Businesses offering delivery services handle a lot of packages or deliveries. It is important that they stay organized and keep their processes organized so that they can provide quality and reliable services. This also helps them in sorting out which items are for delivery on a specific day and how many items they need to deliver on a certain date.
- It is used to ensure that all deliveries are completed. A daily checklist includes a list of all the deliveries that need to be delivered by a certain business or company. Every time a delivery is completed, the item is checked off in the list so that the delivery man can proceed to deliver other packages.
- It is used to prioritize deliveries. Every item on the delivery list needs to be prioritized based on the dates when they should be delivered. Shipping companies or couriers have an estimated number of days on when packages get delivered to customers or buyers. If an item is paid for to be shipped right away, then it should be prioritized and delivered as promised.
- It is used to make sure that deliverables reach their destination. One of the things that should be checked in a delivery is the address. The address provided should be exact and complete, otherwise it will not reach the person where it is intended to be delivered. The address should be an existing physical address or one that can be located by the delivery man.
- It is used to identify which deliverables are lacking. There is a specific number of deliveries that needs to be delivered per day and that depends on the shipping company. In the delivery checklist sample, all those deliverables are listed and counted. They would immediately know if any items are missing.
- It is used to determine the condition of packages. Items that need to be delivered should be handled with care at all times. This is something that shipping or delivery businesses promise to their customers. Customers put their trust on these companies, and their loyalty to the said company depends on the condition of the delivered items.
What Things or Items Can Be Delivered?
There is a wide variety of things that can now be delivered almost anywhere in the world. This is all thanks to technological advancement. With technology, sending and receiving stuff from one place to another is now made possible. Even huge packages can now be sent through airmail or through cargo shipping. To put it simply, deliveries can be done by land, by water, and by air. So what items can be delivered? Below, we have made a list of the items or products that can be delivered.
- Makeup and beauty products
- Important documents, such as identification cards and birth certificates
- Electronics or gadgets
- Books, notebooks, and other school supplies
- Heady-duty equipment
- Kitchen set or kitchenware
- Cars, motorcycles, and other vehicles
- Spare parts for any equipment
- Shoes, high-heels, and other footwear
- Household items and appliances such as sofa, television set, and center tables
- Any kinds of flowers
25+ Cleaning Checklist Samples & Templates
9+ Audit Checklist Samples & Templates
5+ Strategic Planning Checklist Samples & Templates
10+ Control Checklist Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
13+ Event Planning Checklist Ideas Samples & Templates
Checklist for Harassment Investigations
5+ Wedding Checklist Samples & Templates
9+ Printable Wedding Checklist Samples
10+ Printable Wedding Checklist Samples
11+ Project Checklist Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
7+ Packing Checklist Samples & Templates
10+ Employee Checklist Samples & Templates
11+ Construction Checklist Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Printable Moving Checklist Samples
12+ Moving Checklist Samples & Templates