A SWOT analysis is a planning tool that is used by different business industries to help them create an effective business strategy. SWOT is an acronym that stands for strengths, weakness, opportunities and goals. This planning tool allows individuals or businesses to identify important internal and external factors that can greatly affect their business and help them achieve their goals.
The hotel industry is one of the many business industries who are in need of a SWOT analysis. Through a SWOT analysis, the hotel industry is able to get a short but concise overview of the business about its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and strengths. If you need hotel SWOT analysis samples and templates, you may use the ones provided here for your reference.
Hotel Strategic Management SWOT Analysis Sample
Blank SWOT Analysis Template
SWOT Analysis Sample for Hotel
Lodging Industry SWOT Analysis Sample
Example of SWOT Analysis for Hotel
Hotel SWOT Analysis and Planning Report
Strategic Plan for Hotel SWOT Analysis
Croatian Hotel Industry SWOT Analysis Sample
Hotel Industry SWOT Analysis Sample
Printable SWOT Analysis Template
SWOT Analysis Examples
What Is Hotel SWOT Analysis?
The Uses and Aims of a SWOT Analysis
To learn more about a SWOT analysis, here is a list of its uses and aims that can help you further understand what it is why it is important, as well as how it is useful and effective.
- The primary use of a SWOT analysis is to gather information about an entities strengths, weakness, opportunities and strengths and then analyze it to become useful information that can help businesses make improvements and create business strategies that are truly effective.
- It is used as a reference or basis for making related and important business decisions that
- A SWOT analysis is a tool that is often used as part of a business’ strategic planning process.
- Factors that are related to success and failures in business are not only determined in a SWOT analysis but it is also organized to be easily understood.
- Through a SWOT analysis, businesses are able to reveal their advantages over their competition. It also helps analyze certain sales prospects, the profitability of the business and the development of its products and services.
- Since you will be gather information such as strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of a the business, you will be able to determine and prepare for any problems that may come your way. Creating a useful and effective contingency plan is also made possible with the a SWOT analysis.
- A SWOT analysis is not only used to analyze the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats of a company or organization.
There is no denying that a SWOT analysis is indeed useful If you have noticed, the list of uses above are all dedicated to helping the business become better and be more successful. You may also check out other related articles available on our website, like Restaurant SWOT Analysis Samples & Templates and Retail SWOT Analysis Samples &Templates.
SWOT Analysis of the Hotel Industry
A lot of questions can be asked when conducting a SWOT analysis in the hotel industry just to be able to get hold of information that are essential to helping the business improve and become successful. Hotels have their own ways or strategies in conducting business. Thoroughly studying a hotel business’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats will definitely yield good results. The following are some of things that are common strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the hotel industry.
- Hotels provide a relaxing place for travelers or anyone to stay and relax. Hotels are what you can call a home away from home. The industry provides temporary or short term shelters for those who are in need of one.
- Hotels provide a safe to stay for people on the road.
- Hotels offer luxurious accommodations and services that some customers seek or look for in place to stay.
- Vacations to far away and unknown places are made possible because of the hotel industry and they are also made safer.
- The hotel industry is also boots the economy of the particular area or place where it is located. When people travel, they need a place to stay for the night and a place to keep their belongings. All of these things are provided by the hotel industry. A place to stay attracts a lot of people and these people will go out, eat and buy things from the local community. Everything the local stores earned all goes to the local economy.
- Hotel industries need a lot of people to work for them. This means more employment opportunities to the locals as well as other neighboring communities.
- Staying at a hotel maybe expensive, especially if its is a high-end hotel or luxury hotels. It will cost you thousands of dollars for just an overnight stay. What more if you plan on staying for a week or longer? This is one weakness that puts the hotel industry at a disadvantage.
- Affordable hotels on the other hand don’t always provide the best services or standard services that are offered by high-end hotels.
- There are a lot of people who cannot afford high-end hotels and would prefer what is more affordable whether it be in the hotel industry or other industry.
- The hotel industry is also subject to unreasonable taxes, which is one of the reasons why the prices for hotel accommodations shoot up. Taxes even go higher if it is associated with other businesses.
- High prices and substandard services won’t stop people from traveling and this is one of the reasons why the hotel industry is here to stay.
- Travel has now become easier and more affordable so a lot of people travel to different places and what comes with these travels are the influx of people in an area or community.
- People from all over the world travel to different places to check out different attractions. taking advantage of these attractions by offering promotions or tour packages to guest is a great way for hotels to attract more people.
- And who wold forget about the magical peak vacation seasons where the hotel industry just take in a lot of local and international customers.
- One of the greatest threats to the hotel industry is Airbnb as they offer really cheap accommodations compared to the prices offered in hotels. Aside from that other competition are also showing up each day.
- The safety and security of an area also contributes to the threats in the hotel industry. If people know that it is not safe to got o that place, then there will few to no customers booking for accommodation.
- The state of the economy is another threat that the hotel industry is facing.
The list above are the information that can commonly find in any hotel SWOT analysis. Other information may vary depending on certain factors, like the location of the business, their target market, the services they offer and many more. other related articles that you may find interesting are Detailed SWOT Analysis Samples & Templates, Hospital SWOT Analysis Samples & Templates, and Health Care SWOT Analysis Samples and Templates.
Where Can a SWOT Analysis Be Used?
Aside from planning, there are also other things where a SWOT analysis can be used on and they are the following.
- Problem solving
- Personal developmental planning
- Evaluation of products
- Workshop sessions
- Evaluation of business competitors
Planning is not an easy feat and should not be taken lightly, but a SWOT analysis can do more than that. With all the information gathered in a SWOT analysis, it is likely that it can be used to do a lot of important things other than just planning.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a SWOT Analysis
We look for advantages of certain things as this is how we determine if we want something or not or of something will work or not. This is also what we want to look for in a SWOT analysis. There are certain advantages and disadvantages that one should check when using a SWOT analysis tool and they are as follows.
- When running a business, it is always best to learn about who you are in competition with. Not necessarily to make them bad or do bad things to them, like what you see in the movies, but to help you create a competitive advantage over them.
- It is difficult to decide on something that does not have a basis and that does not give you convincing information to analyze. Through a SWOT analysis the decision making process can be made easier and more reliable.
- A SWOT analysis provided a great deal of help in setting necessary and related objectives for the strategic plan of a business.
- Since there are only for components in a SWOT analysis, it is not so difficult to have one conducted and information gathered can also be arranged in an organized way.
- There is no need to spend a lot just to have a SWOT analysis done. There is even no need to hire an expert to do it for your business. Any member of your team or staff who knows a lot about the business is qualified to conduct a SWOT analysis.
- A SWOT analysis brings the team together and very individual is asked to provide their input or ideas to come up with a plan that is useful and effective.
- A SWOT analysis, no matter how useful has its disadvantageous and one of them is that it is very subjective. Information collected in a SWOT analysis are from different observations and assessments of an individual or a group of people. One’s opinion may be different from the others.
- Other aspects or parts of the business may be overlooked if the individual conducting the analysis has not included it in their assessment.
- Since it is a very simple tool, other key elements may not be noticed or may be missed.
- Prioritization is not one of the focus of the SWOT analysis although it can still be done depending on the individual or group conducting it.
Dos and Don’ts of SWOT Analysis
Here are some dos and don’ts of a SWOT analysis that you should know of to be able to come up with effective results.
- Do record every detail of the findings you have during the assessment. It is okay to record a lot than leave out something.
- Be selective on which of the gathered information are useful and important. This will help you come up with an effective and useful analysis.
- Determine the right individual or people to conduct the SWOT analysis and choose someone who can facilitate the entire analysis process well.
- Always be open to any changes.
- Once you have the result or outcome of the SWOT analysis, do not take it for granted. Instead, use it as part of the planning process.
- Don’t write false assessments or information to cover up certain weaknesses and threats. The aim of the analysis is to figure them out to be able to find a way to eliminate or convert them.
- Don’t just write the errors and mistakes that you have observed and also don’t blame people based on the findings you have gathered.
- Have focus and do not move away from things that matter to the business and that includes, internal and external factors, and trends.
How to Conduct a Hotel SWOT Analysis
Just keep these things in mind and your SWOT analysis will be looking and working perfectly fine. We hope that you find this article helpful. For more related articles, you can simply visit our website. Some of the titles we offer are Financial Analysis Samples, Business Swot Analysis Samples, and Impact Analysis.
FREE 6+ Corporate Portfolio Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Fault Tree Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Comp Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Fishbone Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Individual Swot Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 11+ Workload Analysis Samples in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 10+ 5 Year Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Benefit Costs Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Job Hazard Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Primary Source Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Literary Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Critical Path Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Competition Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Cost Analysis Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Job Safety Analysis Samples in PDF