Whether you are a sole employer, a rookie HR recruiter, or even an experienced one who is constantly seeking ways to improve work productivity, then you must learn how to utilize one of the most important tools of recruitment—the job application form. Here at sampletemplates.com, we are providing you with easily downloadable and editable job application forms for you to choose from. You can edit these easily since these are in Word and PDF formats.
Additionally, if you are on the other side of the hiring process—the applicant—then you may also find our Application Letters useful. Feel free to scroll down below and download the templates that suit your needs.
Blank Basic Job Application Sample
Basic Cover Letter for Job Application
Basic Job Application Form Example
Basic Job Application to Download
Sample Job Application in PDF
Meet the Recruiter’s Best Friend
A job application form is considered a lifesaver to most recruiters, especially those who work for huge companies. A job application form is a standardized form that recruiters ask job applicants to fill out before the initial interview.
What Does It Cover?
A job application form usually ask for applicants to divulge the basics such as
- the applicant’s personal details,
- the applicant’s employment history,
- the applicant’s educational history,
- the applicants enumeration of the qualities that makes him or her suitable for the job position applied for, and
- the applicant’s references.
Of course, hiring managers don’t have to stick to what is basic. They can improve the effectiveness of their job application forms by being creative. For example, they can do the following:
- Dig deeper into the applicant’s merits by asking for awards or other accomplishments (job promotions in previous companies, academic awards while studying, and etc.).
- Ask specific competency questions (this way you are targeting the applicant’s suitability for the job while saving time and effort by knowing these particulars without conducting a time-consuming initial interview).
- Evaluate the applicant’s values by asking them to write a short essay on a specific ethical issue. This way you can asses whether or not an applicant is culturally fit for your company’s visions and values.
Clearly, these forms are such wonderful tools of recruitment, and if you want more samples for your guidance, you may want to check out our collection of Blank Job Applications and Target Job Applications. Simply click on the links provided.
Basic Generic Job Application
Basic Retail Job Application
Basic Job Application Letter Checklist in PDF
Basic Job Application for Students
Basic Job Application Format
Advantages of Using Job Application Forms
- It allows a recruiter to save his/her time and energy by avoiding the long and torturous road of reading entire bulks of resumes and CVs.
- It allows a recruiter to assess the candidates’ qualifications in an objective and systematic manner because of the standard format with which the information are presented in this form.
- It gives the recruiter an idea how to approach the applicant in the initial job interview.
- It allows the recruiter to screen out only those who are truly qualified.
Now that you know benefits of job application forms, you might also want to check out our Generic Job Application Samples. You may click on the link provided.
6+ Sample Generic Application for Employment
7+ Sample Scholarship Applications
9+ Sample Application Forms
6+ Sample Rental Applications
6+ Sample Leave Applications
6+ Free Job Application Samples
6+ Resume for Job Application Samples
5+ Sample Basic Employment Application
8+ Printable Employment Application Samples
9+ Sample College Applications
9+ Application Format Samples
10+ Sample Applications
9+ Employment Application Samples
9+ Sample Printable Job Applications
9+ Free Sample Employment Applications