Writing an advertisement is an excellent way to promote your product to its potential customers. However, relying on advertisements alone may not close a sale. To make a smart marketing plan, you need to include other methods that will complement and strengthen your plan, such as obtaining customer enquiry, which we are going to talk about in this article. We also included a set of free customer enquiry form samples and templates that you can use as your reference if you are planning to create one for your business.
What is a Customer Enquiry Form
People are smart. Once you implement a product advertisement, they don’t just buy your product without getting enough information that can convince them to do it. They will either ask their friends and other people about your product or go straight to your website to get the information that they need. As a businessman, you have to anticipate this possibility and use it as an opportunity to close a deal. One way to do it is by preparing your call center representatives for these inquiries, but not everyone is comfortable with talking over the phone just to ask such information. Many prefer using a customer enquiry form.
A customer enquiry form is a way for the customers to ask for more information about the service or product of a company. They usually use this tool after watching an advertisement to ask for relevant information about the advertised product that was not mentioned or clearly stated in the ad. The number of inquiries that you receive from the customers indicates the effectiveness of your marketing strategy.
Essential Components of an Enquiry Form
In creating an enquiry form, it is crucial to be mindful of the fields that you are including to make sure that you are getting the necessary information for your business. There are different methods of structuring an enquiry form that companies use, but below are the most common fields that you can include to gather the necessary information for any business.
First and Last Name
- The identity of the sender is one most crucial parts of a customer inquiry form. You will use it to address your customers for future use.
- How else will you respond to a customer inquiry? Aside from answering the customer’s question, by getting the individual’s email address, you can have the opportunity to expand your email marketing network by asking if he wants to receive email updates about your new product and services offers.
- If the sender is asking questions for a possible solution to the problem that their company faces, you will definitely want to get to know more about it for a potential sales agreement.
Reason for Reaching Out
- It is the primary purpose of obtaining a customer inquiry form for your company. To ensure that you get the customer’s concern correctly, design your form strategically. Though the customer already has something in mind to ask, it may take time to express it in writing. Thus, adding fields such as dropdown buttons, which will allow them to organize their thoughts accordingly, would be a great help. It saves the customer’s time and promotes customer satisfaction. Additionally, it will enable you to get a better understanding of his concerns.
10+ Customer Enquiry Form Samples
Now that you know what to include in the customer enquiry form take a look at the following printable sample forms and determine which format or design fits the needs of your business.
1. Customer Enquiry Form Sample
2. Customer Enquiry Assistance Form Template
3. Customer Rental Enquiry Form Sample
4. Domestic Waste Customer Enquiry Form Sample
5. Basic Customer Enquiry Form Template
6. Customer Information Enquiry Form Sample
7. Wholesale Customer Inquiry Form
8. Customer Enquiry Form in PDF
9. Second Charge Mortgage Customer Enquiry Form Sample
10. Formal Customer Enquiry Form Sample
11. Customer Enquiry Form in DOC
Tips in Creating and Managing a Customer Enquiry Form
You can design a customer enquiry form however you want it to be, but are you a hundred percent sure that it gets the information that you need? Follow the tips below to ensure that you do.
Believe it or not, a simple grammatical error can raise the customers’ eyebrow. What’s worse? It can let them question your credibility. You don’t want that to happen. Thus, before you publish your customer enquiry form, take time to check its grammars and spelling. You should also check its design and ensure that you accurately align the fields.
2. Make it Simple
Just like reading a 12-page contract agreement, you may end up not finishing it because it’s quite long. The same notion applies to an inquiry form. Looking at a very long form to fill out will scare away your potential customers. It is not worth it to fill it out just to ask just a single question. Thus, you have to make your form simple as much as possible.
3. Respond Accordingly
Your customer gives an effort to fill out the customer inquiry form. Show them that you appreciate their effort by responding with sensical information as soon as possible. It can promote good relationship, which is a great way to close a deal. You can read our article about the professional letter and email writing guidelines to know more about how to respond to the customer accordingly.
4. Personalize the Page
Using your website to publish your customer inquiry form is an efficient way to connect with the customers. However, you should also know that the design of your website matters. How will the website visitors buy your product if your website is not user-friendly? Personalize your website’s pages in a way that will warmly welcome the visitors, especially in the customer enquiry page.
A customer enquiry form indeed complements well with a product advertisement. With the information that we have discussed on this page, you should now have an idea of how to ensure that you are doing your inquiry form correctly. However, you should also know that there are other essential parts that you need to include in your strategy. Read our article about marketing strategy to know more about these items.
60+ Simple Application Forms & Templates
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Consultant Quotations
6+ Training Quotations
Receipt of Payment Letter
Sample Call Log Template
12+ Sample Loan Request Forms
60+ Sample Survey Forms
6+ Contractor Quotations
9+ Travel Quotations Samples
8+ Sample Business Service Level Agreement
Free Statement Form
11+ Sample Price Quotation
23+ Payment Receipt Examples