What is a service level agreement? A service level agreement is a contract between a service provider and the customers that defines the level of service expected from the service provider. It is a special contractual condition as to what type of service you are expected to receive for equipment and services that a service provider offers.
Businesses such as an internet provider, telephone provider, electric companies, etc., provide their customers with a service level agreement to set boundaries and expectations between the customers and businesses. The Sample Agreements that you will find on this page will help you with the forms needed to make a service level agreement.
Sample Small Business Service Level Agreement
Business Analysis Service Level Agreement
Business Cloud Service Level Agreement
Business Service Level Agreement Example
HR Business Service Level Agreement
Types of Service Level Agreements
A service level agreement can be used in many areas depending on the type of service. This also defines how the service provider classifies and resolves the problem. The main focus of a service level agreement is the output received by the customer as a result of the service provided. This practice helps maintain the quality of the service being offered. You may also check our Business Partnership Agreements by clicking on the link.
- Customer-based SLA – This type of agreement is used when dealing with individual customers.
- Service-based SLA – This agreement is for all the customers using the services that a business provides.
- Multi-level SLA – This type of agreement addresses different customer groups for the same service by splitting it into different levels.
- Corporate-level SLA – This covers all the service level management issues appropriate to every customer throughout the organization. These issues are less strained, so updates are less often required.
- Customer-level SLA – This covers all service level agreements with issues relevant to the particular customer group regardless of the services being used.
- Service-level SLA – This SLA is relevant to specific services in relation to this specific customer group.
Service Level Agreements for Business
Service Level Agreements Based on Business
Business Service Level Agreement Sample
Service Level Agreement in MS Word
Elements of a Service Level Agreement
A well-defined service level agreement contains the expectations on both sides of the relationship between the customers and the business. A typical service level agreement will contain the following components:
- Type of service being provided – The type of service and any additional details of the type of service should be specified in the agreement.
- The service’s desired performance level, specifically its reliability and responsiveness – A reliable service is one with less disruptions and the responsiveness of a service depends on how quick a request is performed by the service provider after a customer requests for it.
- The steps for reporting issues with the service – Contact details should be specified to where a customer should report these issues until the problem is resolved.
- Response and resolution time frame – This refers to the expected time frame for a current issue to be fixed.
- Repercussions for service provider not meeting its commitment – If a service provider fails to meet customers expectations, the customer has the right to terminate the contract or ask for a refund for the losses.
A service level agreement is important for the customers and the company to set expectations for the services being provided to the customers. The downloadable forms we have on this page will help you with what you need. Our Business Investment Agreements are also available for you to download and edit.
FREE 30+ Partnership Agreement Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Facility Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 53+ Confidentiality Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 22+ Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 23+ Service Agreement Templates and Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 7+ Temporary Employment Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Artist Agreement Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Rental Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Business Partnership Agreement Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Data Confidentiality Agreement Templates in PDF | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 11+ Sample Data Confidentiality Agreement Templates in PDF | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 10+ Non Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Investment Management Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Liability Release Agreement Samples and Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Small Business Investment Agreement Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF